The scoop on 'Geraniaceae'

Geraniaceae

122 Hillcrest Ave
Kentfield, California 94904 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Nepitella
Syracuse
United States
July 1, 2014
Gorgeous plants, phenomenal customer service. Could not be happier with this company, and will definitely be ordering again. So gratifying!
Positive dobiebliss
Simi Valley, CA
June 17, 2014
Posted on June 11, 2014, updated June 18, 2014
I cannot say enough positive things about Robin and Geraniacae. Plants arrived healthy with larger root balls and more robust plant material than I can find in local nurseries, and I live in the Los Angeles area so there are many to choose from. I ordered 20 plants and they were packed with such care there was only one broken leaf. Just unpacking the plants was a delight. First the packing peanuts. Then the rubber bands around the plastic baggies on top of the damp newspaper that covers the sphagnum moss (an added treat :) that surrounds the rootball. Then, of course, you have to do something with the plant right away, rather than set it aside to let it die in its nursery pot, as I have done all too often.
Shipping costs....well....Robin only charges the UPS rate. It is what it is. And she doesn't even ask for payment until the plants arrive.
Thank you, Robin.
On June 17th, 2014, dobiebliss added the following:

1 week later.....OMG......I originally planted the geraniums in pots slightly larger than the root balls. Today I transplanted them to their permanent home and the roots had already filled out the pots and were growing out the bottom!
Positive mboutet
Rochester, NY
May 7, 2013
Nobody does geraniaceae better! Healthy plants, carefully packed, amazing selection.
Positive CindyZ4_5
Turner, ME
April 9, 2013
I recently ordered half a dozen Pansy geraniums from Geraniaceae and have been delighted with the experience. The plants were shipped promptly and arrived in great shape. They were larger than expected and four of them are already blooming. I'm looking forward to much enjoyment from these plants!
Positive lvyao
Katy, TX
September 22, 2011
Recently ordered several plants from Robin. At first I was hesitate about the shipping cost, it turn out she only charge whatever usps charges, for my 6 plants, the shipping fee is $13, not bad.

Customer service is also fabulous. Most of the Geraniums are my first try, Robin gave very detailed instruction in her email. One of the angel face variety died due to improper watering and Robin immediately offered a replacement free of charge, I am very pleased. Will definitely order from her again.
Positive asclepchris0622
Glenwood, IA
June 16, 2011
Gerianiaceae is the best Nursery hands down when it comes to dealing with geranium and Pelagorniums. I have ordered from Robin numerous times and the plants you get are unheard of. The size, Its like getting specimen plants from the other Nurseries but these are the great plants you receive every time. I would highly recommend this Nursery over anyone in the United States. The plants arrive safe and sound. I rate this Nursery #1 in Dave's garden list. The customer service is also second to none!
Positive alina_1
Gaithersburg, MD
June 6, 2011
I received my second order from this company. I am very happy with both orders.

Fantastic selection of Geraniums - probably, the best in the US.
Reasonable prices, nice well rooted plants.
Fast and detailed responses to email messages.
Perfect!
Positive Greenpeter6
Astoria, NY
May 26, 2011
This nursery is outstanding in every way and should be on every best list.
Robin grows hundreds of varieties of beautiful plants. Many mail-order nurseries send small plants. However, Geraniaceae ships large plants and will not send plants Robin thinks are not ready. She also lets you know if she can't send something. Robin sends the plants quickly and well-packed. My last shipment left her nursery on Monday and was received in New York on Wednesday morning. I really appreciate her efforts. Some of the plants I wanted were not ready to be shipped and I will have to make another order--- I certainly will.
Positive tj2e
Pasadena, CA
May 12, 2011
Excellent and prompt mail order service. Highly usuable web site with gorgeous plants. Excellent plants are well packed. Highly recommended!
Positive Hillbilly_Gran
Jasper, AR (Zone 7a)
July 15, 2010
Absolutely gorgeous plants!! Plants were well packaged for their journey and arrived in fantastic shape. I highly recommend this vendor!
Positive snakericord
Fort Collins, CO
June 29, 2010
I ordered six Angel Pelargoniums from Geraniaceae at the beginning of Summer. All six plants arrived carefully packaged and in great shape, and all have since gone on to bloom profusely and perform beyond my expectations. It seemed risky to mail order plants from an online nursery so far away, but I am very happy to report that my concerns were completely un-justified. In addition, Robin Parer is a very knowledgable and helpful guide for the novice, and I very much appreciated her efforts to help me select just the right variety of plants for my needs. When you do business with Geraniaceae, you can be assured that you will be dealing with the very best, and I look forward to ordering more plants from them as soon as space permits!
Positive perenniallyme
Jamaica Plain, MA (Zone 6a)
June 6, 2010
I ordered 10 hardy geraniums from Robin. She has the best selection I've ever seen and was very helpful with my order. The plants arrived very quickly in great shape and had much better roots than I expected, but she still managed to get them into a flat-rate box for very reasonable shipping as well as very reasonable prices for her plants. I highly recommend Geraniaceae and would definitely order from her again.
Positive Nigella
Wilmington
United States
May 5, 2010
After years of hesitation I finally placed an order with this company and I am so happy that I did. I got great plants with massive root system, each carefully wrapped in moss and wet newspaper. Two days after planting they started blooming. Thank you, Robin!
Positive bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA (Zone 7a)
April 29, 2010
I ordered a wonderful sounding selection from Geraniaceae on Feb 10 2010 and they arrived yesterday. I was delighted with the eight big, healthy and incredible well packaged plants that I received. They were all wrapped in damp moss and then encased in damp newspaper. These beautiful Geraniums never knew they had gone from the Pacific to the Atlantic Ocean. A Great source. My husband promptly took the moss and planted it along our endless stream and falls. Thanks for the moss bonus and DG discount! Patti
Positive Dodsky
Smiths Grove, KY (Zone 6b)
April 15, 2010
The selection and quality of plants from Geraniaceae.com is excellent. I purchased six hardy geranium plants, two of which were very difficult to locate from any other grower, and they all arrived in great shape in early April. The shipping cost from CA to KY by USPS Priority Mail was very reasonable. The plants were very carefully wrapped, labeled and packed into the box, just as described on their website.

Because it was early in the season the foliage on the plants was not very substantial, but the well-developed and very healthy root systems on all of the plants were a clear indication the plants were strong and would leaf out quickly. They have acclimated well and are putting out new growth rapidly.

I was very pleased with the customer service, communication, and the overall experience purchasing plants from Geraniaceae.com. I would highly recommend this business and I hope to purchase more plants from them in the future.
Positive suscwbuff
Robesonia, PA
June 19, 2009
I highly recommend this company to everyone. Robin is so helpful and responds to emails promptly. The service is so personal, the plants arrive in great shape, the price is right, and where else do you pay for the actual shipping costs, not set rates! I won't purchase geraniums from any other source. I can't say enough about how great this company is!
Positive DaveH
San Francisco, CA (Zone 10a)
June 17, 2009
I recently ordered 4 plants from Geraniaceae, and they arrived well packed and very healthy looking. Great prices too!
Positive schifferle
Lansing, KS
April 30, 2009
I was concerned about what the postage would be given comments by others about high shipping costs. I wish all my plant order shipping costs from other companies could be this low! ...and the plants themselves? Beautiful, large, young geraniums at a good price and so carefully pkg'd. I'll be ordering again from Robin.
Positive BlissfulGarden
Baton Rouge, LA
April 23, 2009
I placed an order for pelargoniums (scented geraniums) from three growers on the same day. My largest order was with Geraniaceae and it was by far the best quality plants I received. I have noticed a few comments stating the shipping was high, but that was not my experience. I ordered 4 plants from Grower 1, 4 plants from Grower 2, and 6 plants from Robin. Robin's shipping was the lowest of all three, even travelling farther and including 2 more plants. I believe it is her packing method that makes the difference. Additionally, Robin's price for the plants is comparable to other growers, but she delivers more mature plants. The plants arrived well packed with peanuts to keep them separated, but without the pots adding additional weight. All plants were quite large for mail order geraniums, healthy, and setting buds or blooming. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and will be returning for more in future seasons. Thank you, Robin! A+++
Positive Kamikid
Thomasville, GA (Zone 8a)
April 3, 2009
These plants are awesome. They are hugh, well leafed, scented and I could not be more pleased. I was worried about the postage, but after receiving the plants, the postage was a negative compaired to them.. Robin is wonderful to work with and I will order again.
Positive starlight1153
Seale, AL (Zone 8b)
April 2, 2009
This is the first time I have ordered from this company and , just do not have enough good words to say about it. orderign was easy to navigate the site, shipping was fast and right on schedule, plants arrive d very healthy and not a sign of yellwing or leaf drop which is normal for thes etype sof plants, becaus e they were packed so well.

I wish now I had ordered more, but will definately be going back for more .

I aske d for shippign a particular way and Robin was great about my changes and wishing.

Fantastic all the way around. Thank you very much Robin for my beautiful plants. : )
Positive Polyacre
Rapid City, SD (Zone 4b)
March 13, 2009
I ordered several plants from them and them came very well packaged and looking great!! One of the plant's has pretty purple flowers on it already! Very pleased
Positive kkirschbaum
Yonkers, NY (Zone 6b)
September 10, 2008
I ordered two batches of scented geraniums from this company, and both times were pleasant experiences. The little plants all arrived well packed and safely, and they have performed very nicely. The website is informative and easy to use, and I expect to be ordering more plants in the future.
Positive ann_white
Brashear, TX
June 7, 2008
I ordered 20 scented geraniums from this company. They were shipped promptly, and arrived in excellent condition; the plants are huge, healthy and many of them are even blooming! Robin answered my questions about shipping and planting quickly. It is rare to find a company that trusts its customers enough to ship the plants before payment has been made; they include an invoice with the plants and you send a check for the plants plus the shipping charge. Shipping is expensive, as others have stated, but you only pay the actual charge from UPS; the plants were packed carefully and there is no extra charge for packing. I am very happy with my puchase and will definately use this company again.
Positive ksgarden
Freehold, NJ (Zone 6b)
April 18, 2007
I have ordered several times from Geraniaceae, every year I think since 2004.
The selection is unmatched, the web site is a pleasure to use, and any special requests received immediate and courteous responses. (All the requests I made were accomodated, e.g. change ship date, add plants).
The plants are true to name, well grown and well packed.
The shipping appears high (I am in New Jersey) but is very fair as the shipping charged is exactly what UPS has charged, nothing more. They spend time and effort to remove pots and wrap plants in spagnum to lower the shipping charge, but the buyer is not charged "handling" etc. I appreciate the trust (payment is due after the plants are received, by check).
Fabulous! The best for hardy geraniums.
Positive brigidlily
Lumberton, TX (Zone 8b)
November 3, 2006
Ordered 8, and all arrived very well packaged. I had a planting question and she called me back within the hour; this lady knows her stuff. Three of the plants did not make it and she replaced them immediately. I would most definitely recommend doing business with them to anyone at all, and this will be the first company I go to should I need scented geraniums again. VERY happy with the plants and with the transaction.
Positive aprilwillis
Missouri City, TX (Zone 9a)
March 4, 2006
Good selection, good prices- although shipping is high, plants are beautiful, healthy and blooming. Highly recommend.
Positive ooiholmes
Pittsburgh, PA
February 26, 2006
I have placed several orders with this company. Even though I have very little success with my plants as they are all dead (I think PA weather is just unsuitable or I am just hopeless at growing/overwintering them despite being very meticulous)

I highly recommend ordering from Ms Parer. Very happy with the plants and service!!!

She is very professional. Packaging is excellent and the plants she ship, are 99.9 % of the time, huge. On down side, shipping is expensive (UPS) if you are on the east coast like me. Otherwise, I would have continued to order from Ms Parer, despite my poor success rate.

Poh Yee Ooi-Holmes
PA.
Positive Spider07
Lilburn, GA
January 27, 2006
I really liked dealing with Robin. She is very helpful and knowledgeable.

The plants are a dream! I got my pelargonium species all in excellent condition and very healthy.

Will be going for the hardy geraniums now! I have never seen a bigger variety as she has in her nursery.

Anna
Positive arw
Winder, GA
September 3, 2005
I recently placed my first order from Geraniaceae online. I was a bit nervous to order much, because it stated that I would be sent an invoice with my order and could pay when the plants arrived--there was no way to pay online, which made me doubt that the plants would really arrive! But they sent an e-mail confirmation of my order the next day, and the plants arrived in excellent condition right on schedule. The shipping to Georgia was a bit expensive; for the small order I placed it was more than the plants cost. I won't hesitate to order more plants in the future, which will likely make the cost of shipping relatively less.
Positive Debbiekins
Lansing, MI
September 10, 2004
I ordered three Rozanne plants and they arrived very quickly, well packaged, and in great condition! I highly recommend this company for any geranium purchase.
Positive silkieweaver
Salem, OR (Zone 8a)
May 24, 2004
I recently placed my first order with Geraniaceae and am very impressed with this company. Robin offers a great selection of plants at very reasonable prices, and I had some difficulty narrowing my choices down to ten pelargoniums. My order was processed and shipped quickly, and the plants were carefully packed and arrived in great condition. These are the largest, healthiest pelargoniums I've gotten by mail order. I will order from Geraniaceae again.
Positive designer
Oakland, CA
August 9, 2002
Sunset magazine had a photo of one of their hybrid scented geraniums with beautiful flowers. I ordered several different kinds using their website. They were good size healthy plants in excellent condition that arrived promptly. They have been sweet and wonderful on the phone and followed up on a request I had for something that was not available yet. Small specialized company.
Positive dorisjensen
November 1, 2000
I ordered several geraniums from Robin this summer. She acknowledged my order by email right away, and was very helpful. I received all of the plants when she said I would, in great condition. Root balls were still moist after the two-day trip, and the plants were not stressed. I planted them immediately, and they're all doing great. Her selection is huge. A must for the geranium addict. I will order from her again.
Positive mariannedela
March 1, 1999
She has to have one of the largest selections of the genus. I ordered plants from her about a year ago and was very satisfied. A wonderful lady with a superb and unmatched collection of hardy geraniums. I am lucky enough to live an hour away so have been able to pick out plants in person (the business is open by appointment only), so cannot vouch for mail order. But otherwise, highly recommended. I have many of her plants growing happily.