The scoop on 'R.F. Orchids'

R.F. Orchids

28100 S.W. 182nd Avenue
Homestead, Florida 33030-1804 (United States)

Comments:

Positive JanetOS
Ocean Springs, MS (Zone 8b)
April 10, 2008
I recently placed an order with them online. There was a glitch in the system and my order didn't go through, so I called them. The staff was more than friendly and helpful tracking down my order and replacing it. The orchids were just beautiful and the box came with instructions on which orchid to take out first to avoid damage!!!
Wonderful technique!!!
I will definitely purchase from them again an hope to visit there someday!!
Positive goofybulb
El Paso, TX (Zone 8a)
October 12, 2007
I went to R.F. Orchids nursery early September. They had a good recommendation from one of my flower-friends at work. I was very pleased with their welcome; a fresh cold drink was most appreciated when outside temperatures were closing to 90F!!!
Wonderful selections, healthy flowers, spectacular blooms! All their plants, from seedlings to adult, flower-bearing plants, were happy and well-taken-care off.
I ended up buying a red cattleya (fragrant flowers, as well), though I've never tried orchids before.
They were really helpful with suggestions and explanations regarding the growth requirements.
Michael was extremely nice and showed us the surroundings and his vanilla plants (that was one of the reasons for my travel to an orchid nursery), and they were in bloom!
I am planning a second trip to their nursery this Saturday, and I'll bet I will come home with a new baby!!!
If I ever move out of Miami, I'll go for internet ordering from them.

On October 17th, 2007, goofybulb added the following:

I went again on Saturday. I felt like a queen. They really know how to treat their customers, and if you want something special, a plant that you don't see, don't be afraid to ask. They will do their best to help. Very friendly, ready to explain details about orchids, to help you with your selection. And the flowers! They were wonderful. I left with 3 healthy, beautiful orchids! Definitely will go again!
Positive petit_potager
June 28, 2006
I have enjoyed several of their vandaceous orchids and a lovely Cattleya lueddemanniana for many productive years. The later is an easy-to-grow cattleya species. R.F. Orchidsí specimens are recognized around the world with awards, medals and trophies. All of my orchids have benefited markedly from their excellent culture that has provided me with robust, disease-free plants and high quality blooms.
Positive orchidlover1
Homestead, FL
February 16, 2006
This is the best orchid nursery I ever visited. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. You are always greeted with a smile and a refreshment. The atmosphere is tropical and serene. There are exotic birds. And,of course, the orchids are absolutely beautiful. I never leave without a purchase! If you are ever in South Florida, this is a place you should visit.
Positive 2mitchells
Apopka, FL (Zone 9b)
April 3, 2005
Have placed four orchid orders with them. All orchids were what I expected or better. Their packing techniques are first rate and even include which plant to remove from the box first with multiple plant orders. Two orchids were even in spike when they arrived (a nice surprise!!). I've emailed them with questions and they have been prompt to reply and if you don't see something on their website, ask them. They just may have it. EX: V. Miss Joaquin.

The ONLY thing I wish they would do different is to confirm when your order is shipped OR give a tracking number.
Positive cweed
February 10, 2004
A friend in FL had them ship me a beautiful (and huge) vanda as a housewarming gift. I have never seen anything packed so well. It arrived will blooms intact and undamaged. They obviously take a lot of care in what they do.
Positive walkeriv
May 27, 2002
great award winning orchids. Large plants and good service. Internet and Monthly Specials not as good as regular orders.