The scoop on 'Teas Nursery'

Teas Nursery

Bellaire, Texas 77402-1603 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-446-7723

Visit Teas Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive kranbollin
Houston, TX
July 22, 2006
This is the place to go if you want azaleas, they have the largest selection in Houston. I have purchased many from them. They are located in an area with extremely high real estate prices, and have sold about 1/3 - 1/2 of their property, on which now sit a number of very expensive townhomes. The area sold off used to have a wide variety of large trees, in >100 gal buckets. However, they still have a very large area devoted to azaleas and camelias. These are the best in Houston, and come with a one-year guarantee. I could pay lower prices at Home Depot and such, but I have utmost confidence in Tea's products. They also provide services such as site vists and landscaping, and have a very knowledgable staff. On today's visit, I found a number of obscure but lovely plants that would work well for my application. I also highly recommend their pine-bark mulch.
Positive ooiholmes
Pittsburgh, PA
March 10, 2006
I ordered two 48 inches tree roses (Buff Beauty) from them for the first time.

As I was a little concerned about the shipping charges, I was put through a gentleman call Paul Downs.

He was very helpful and knowledgeable. We discussed about when to ship the plants and worked out the cheapest way to ship them, since they are potted.

I received my plants yesterday. Considering the size/height of the roses, there were only a couple of broken leaves and 2 small broken side shoots.

I am very pleased with my order . My plants were well packaged. I will most definitely order from them again if they have the rose plants that I want.

I am hoping that they would stock the weeping tree rose Renae which is just gorgeous when in bloom, and it's almost thornless!
Positive mercury777
Houston, TX
September 5, 2004
Over the years as Tea's has shrunk I have found myself going less and less. But after having purchased from them 30 times I would have to say that my overall experience has been positive. I am particularly fond of the bulb department and a very knowledgable staff person there who is always enthusiastic and helpful. I have also gotten superior azaleas at Teas and find their selection of fruit trees to be the best in the area. I have probably spent close to $1500 with them over the years, if not more.
Negative Amsoniared
Toledo, OH
September 3, 2003
Faxed an order to them on 8/1/03. Heard nothing from them for 2 1/2 weeks. I emailed them, and 5 days later they sent an email telling me they were almost out of Tillandsias ( which is what my order consisted of) and that they were currently filling a very large shipment and would let me know. Nothing for another few days, then I got a message on my answering machine which was very mumbled, could barely make it out, but the man did say they had gotten a shipment of Tillandsias and they were shipping them out( I think he said the same day). That was over a week ago, and still no plants! Today( 9/3/03) I called them and left a message, but as it now stands, it's been over a MONTH and no plants! Even if I get them tomorrow, I will not order from them again.
On September 7th, 2003, Amsoniared added the following:

Finally received my order on 9/5. I ordered nine plants and six were sent, no explanation. Plus, the plant I really wanted (the reason I ordered from them) was not sent, although I was charged for it and something else (2 labels were loose in the bag and one was missing) was sent in it's place, so I'm not sure if I was overcharged or not. Still stands, they've definitely lost a customer!
On September 7th, 2003, Amsoniared added the following:

Positive Angelachan
February 12, 2003
Large nursery with knowledgeable staff. I bought 35 tulip bulbs in late December and all of them sprouted. They are also resourceful in helping me locate other nurseries when they do not have what I was looking for.