The scoop on 'PeonyLand'

PeonyLand

475 Church Road
Richlandtown, Pennsylvania 18955 (United States)

Comments:

Negative navig8rs
Alexandria, VA
December 6, 2009
We visited in the spring to see the peonies in bloom and were very impressed. The peonies were beautiful, and Michael was friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful. We ended up placing an order for four plants that we would come back to get in the fall (he doesn't ship, and you can only go get your plants after labor day). Our first problem was that our order meant nothing. That is to say, he doesn't actually reserve those plants for you. When we called in the fall to arrange the time we would come get our plants, he informed us that the tree peony we ordered was out of stock. Gee, thanks. Worse than that, though, was that when we went to his place (on the date and at the time that we had pre-arranged with him) to get the rest of the plants, he never showed. He never showed, and he hasn't had the courtesy to return our calls, much less offer to make things right. Thanks a lot for a several hundred mile round trip for nothing.
Positive domalle
Edison, NJ
April 30, 2008
knowledgeable, friendly, courteous service and welcome to tour site and enjoy the day - beautiful surroundings and best tree peony "farm" visited
Positive eileenw113
Narberth, PA
March 23, 2006
A friend & I purchased 5 double peony trees 2 Springs ago.
Last year they each had a few flowers but we were told that this year to expect fantastic results.
However, the ones that did bloom last year were gorgeous
Positive Audrey
Hadley, PA (Zone 5a)
April 6, 2005
I'd had trouble in the past with getting the cheaper tree peonies to survive in my climate. So I decided to try an older plant from a grower in my own state of PA. When I called PeonyLand last fall, the gentleman to whom I spoke took the time to give me advice on planting and on what types of tree peonies would survive best in my harsh western PA climate. I was very impressed with the customer service and the size of the plant that I received. And today, when I checked the peony, I was equally impressed to see sprouts appearing already. Highly recommended!
Positive garakpsu
Columbus, NJ
January 9, 2003
Acres of tree peonies!!! what can I say, the place is wonderful. This man really knows what he's doing. Items may seem pricey, until you try comparing them. Well rooted tree peonies (not grafts) are not cheap. His selection can not be beat!!!