The scoop on 'California Cactus Center (Cacti 101)'

California Cactus Center (Cacti 101)

216 South Rosemead Blvd.
Pasadena, California 91107 (United States)

Fax: (626) 795-1908

Comments:

Positive MMerville
Beverly Hills, CA
January 13, 2011
They have nice plants and selection.
The prices are a little high and there are not many large plants, more small sizes on tables.
It is good to look around and get ideas.

Michel
Positive borrego
Claremont, CA
August 12, 2006
I was appalled at the vicious negative comments in the last post. Most anyone who has ever been to California Cactus Center would agree that the comments were baseless and completely unsubstantiated.

As an eight year steady customer of California Cactus Center, I have found the staff to be extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. California Cactus Center offers a wide variety of cactus and succulents for the beginner to the most advanced collector. Their landscape designs are world renowned. I know of no better cactus and succulent retail store in Southern California. I have recommended CCS to literally hundreds of friends and have never heard a negative comment about costumer service, prices, or selection.
Positive ecarso
Santa Barbara, CA
August 10, 2006
These people have horrible customer service skills. They are extremely rude and they are way overpriced.

This is a cactus shop for rich people only.

Sometimes they do have unique plants. This is the only reason you might stop by, but don't expect any customer service unless you are willing to drop a load.
On August 3rd, 2007, ecarso changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I take it back as to the customer service. I must have been there on busy days in the past. They can get very busy at times. Once you get their attention if they aren't overrun. They are very helpful and knowledgable. They are still a bit pricy for my budget. Overall they is for sure a stop worth making if you are in the area.
Positive cristata
Los Angeles, CA (Zone 11)
December 2, 2005
This place is serious about cacti and other succulents. I go here all the time just to look. On one visit, a staff member who also works at the nearby Huntington, was incredibly generous with her advice on pest prevention. It is owned and run by sisters--their father inspired their love for all things succulent. The staff is extremely knowedgeable, pleasant and helpful, the nursery is open 7 days a week, and has an extensive selection of plants as well as pottery. I would expect nothing less from the supplier of cacti for the Getty gardens!
Positive palmbob
Acton, CA (Zone 8b)
February 3, 2005
The place is run by two sisters who really know their plants well, and are two of the nicest folks I have met that sell plants. They have an excellently laid out place and it gets better all the time. I have visited this nursery for over 8 years and it is in constant evolution. Soon it will be the best nursery of its kind if they keep it up.
Positive PatioPlanter
North Hollywood, CA
February 2, 2005
Incredible selection of succulents! Lots of unusual hard to find caudiciforms (sp?). Staff is friendly including the cat that let me scratch it's chin. I highly recommend a visit!
Positive rfath
Los Altos, CA
October 23, 2003
I spent hours here picking out plants, and must have left with around 40. I had traveled around Southern California on a cactus crawl, and this was by far the best place I had been. Great selection and some of the most healthy plants I had seen. I highly recommend making this a destination if you are in Pasadena and love cactus/succulents. I do wish you could order online from them. Since you can't, I will have to make another trip from the Bay Area again in the spring.
Positive Crasulady2
Valley Village, CA
January 8, 2002
I love this place, I love to buy my show pots here. A very large selection of plants, some very rare, big, a great collection of small plants, reasonable, show plants available, San. Cactus, Lithops, Crassula, Haworthia, 'Elephant foot' all sorts of stuff, they are friendly, helpful, mail out fast, but only when in season and safe for the plant. Very ethical. Limited books.