The scoop on 'Silvers-Elbert Nursery (hostaplants.com)'

Silvers-Elbert Nursery (hostaplants.com)

Cisco, Georgia 30708 (United States)

Comments:

Negative meilei
Rochester, NY
April 22, 2012
Posted on April 12, 2012, updated April 22, 2012
My first experience with this online company is VERY scary and disappointing. I placed my order 4 months ago and paid by paypal right away. I've waited for a long time patiently and sent several emails which never got replied. Finally they sent an email to inform me that they started shipping and need to reply them if I want them to ship now. I sent another 3 emails as they requested. Still no response at all... So I finally decided to call them and I only could leave a voice message. I still didn't receive my order until now and I am having a really bad feeling if I will ever do... Folks, this is just my personal experience to share with you. I think I learned my lesson and I will never purchase anything from this company again.
On April 22nd, 2012, meilei added the following:

Another week past, I still did not receive my order or hear anything from them after someone named Bill ( I assume he is the owner) sent me a D-mail to explain, which makes no sense at all, and ask for my order number, which I did reply him right away. What kind of online company will run business this way? It's frustrating that I have no way to get my money back either. My advise - STAY AWAY from this company, folks!
Negative greenscience
Port Republic, MD
May 20, 2011
My first negative post on Dave's Garden. I placed an order 2 weeks ago. My check has not been cashed yet. The website is down now. They won't answer email or phone calls. Is this company in existence anymore?
Positive zafo
Saint Louis, MO
May 1, 2008
I received 4 mini hosta all of which were good size which you dont expect in mini hosta :) The plants were all beautiful and healthy with nice sized roots. When I had questions they were also quick to respond via email. Two thumbs up!
Positive indyom
July 17, 2002
I recently won a 6 pack of t/c's from this nursery on ebay. I added a couple of dozen more t/c's to my order. A couple of the plants that arrived weren't true to type, but that was quickly taken care of and replacements sent. Nice, healthy plants, grown through 1 dormancy already. Great roots on all for t/c's. Prompt replys to emails and great customer service after the sale. Will be ordering from them again.
Ellen
Positive LouiseNiemer
December 1, 2000
I've gotten 2 hostas from this place and I have to say I am impressed! I feel like I got a good deal for the money - merchandise was a good size for the money and well-shipped. One of the owners (Brandon Silvers) does the correspondence himself and is very professional and helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend this nursery for hostas - they are starting to carry a nice collection of hard-to-find 'designer hosta'.