The scoop on 'Natural Selections Exotics'

Natural Selections Exotics

5340 Cypress Road
Plantation, Florida 33317 (United States)

This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants.

Comments:

Positive Thescann
Eastlake, OH
October 30, 2008
2nd time ordering from this company. About a year ago I ordered some very unsual anthuriums which are doing so well now that I decided to order some philodendrons. This place is a great source for interesting species aroids.
Positive Tropical_man
Dallas, TX
January 1, 2008
Fantastic! I can't believe how fast my plants arrived.
The plants were large and healthy and much larger than I expected. I'll be back to order more in the spring for sure!
Positive Floralkingdom
De Funiak Springs, FL (Zone 8b)
October 8, 2007
This is my first purchase from natural selections, the plants were shipped fast. They were healthy big plants and very well packaged. Great quality, highly recommended.
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
August 20, 2007
The alocasia lutea I purchased was huge, competitively priced and shipping was done at lightning speed. This is a great company, buy from them w/ confidence.

I have tried to purchase in the past but items were sold out. So when you see something, you'd better get it then. Their inventory moves fast!
Negative antique169
semarang
Indonesia
July 18, 2007
never give phone number! already paid for the plant but never answer email!
Company representative comment on January 1, 2008:

On Jan 1, 2008 1:35 PM, Natural Selections Exotics added:

This person placed an order and lives in Indonesia. We refunded their money within 4 hours of their order with the explanation that we do not ship outside the US. They sent me 15 angry emails in a few miinutes demanding our home phone number. (Obviously THAT wasn't going to happen) Unfortunately, in the meantime, they posted negative comments about us on the internet.
Enid

Positive Toni05
Brookfield, IL
June 2, 2007
Got two plants from NS which arrived promply and in nice condition..Will do business with them again..Toni
On July 12th, 2007, Toni05 added the following:

Received a beautiful, healthy Calathea Lancifolia..Can't believe it arrived so quickly. I love Natural Selections..Anyone looking for hard to find tropicals, I suggest ordering from this nursery.
Positive datdog
Medford, NJ (Zone 6b)
May 13, 2007
Had very good luck ordering from this company. Plants were good size and shipping was very prompt.
Positive cicada
Brownsville, KY (Zone 6a)
October 20, 2006
I just received a very large and healthy P. stenolobum from Natural Selections Exotics. Packaging was perfect. Not a leaf was damaged in transit. Very prompt to answer email questions concerning arrival of package. I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants to purchase some outstanding tropical plants by mail order.
Positive amarantha00
San Bernardino, CA (Zone 8b)
October 1, 2006
If it were possible, I'd give this company a positive triple plus! I ordered a white tacca which came with a HUGE bloom and another strong bud. This plant was packaged with extreme care and came to So California still moist. I am absolutely amazed at the size of this plant and the gorgeous bloom. I'm checking this site first from now on for exotics. Their prices were much cheaper than competitors too, and for plants about triple the average size. After the crazy Bat Lily thread, I expect this fine company will be increasing their business by leaps and bounds.
Positive BobbyLee
Austin, TX
August 15, 2006
Help! I can't stop ordering from Natural Selections Exotics. All's perfect every time. Highly recommended!
Positive dixie_angel
Trenton, TN
May 24, 2006
WOW....SUPER fast shipping and VERY cool plant!! I ordered the Alocasia Robusta and am excited about planting it and watching the "rubbernecking" the people in this extremely small west tennessee town will be doing! lol
Thanks so much Natural Selections Exotics for offering this hard to find plant and the awesome transaction!! :0)
Positive NematanthusNut
Mandeville, LA (Zone 9a)
February 15, 2006
I got my Pink Princess philodendron today. Beautiful! Big! Healthy! Reasonably priced! I can't say enough good things about this company. This is my second order from them. Great service!
Positive blazer_007
Poulsbo, WA
January 12, 2006
I placed my order on the 1st of this month and just recieved my order today. I recieved some great looking and very large Amorphophallus bulbs in wonderful shape. I will definately buy from them in the future. Thanks, Jeff
Positive ahelms
Kannapolis, NC (Zone 7b)
November 16, 2005
I've received two orders and was very happy with the beautiful plants I received. They were healthy, well packaged and arrived in a timely manner. I'll definately order again.
Positive OJAISAM
Ojai, CA
September 30, 2005
I have purchased a few plants from Enid both from ebay and her web site. I am pleased to say her plants are the best and she is the greatest to deal with. I will always check with her list first before buying a tropical plants. Thanks Enid...OJAISAM
Positive henryr10
Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6b)
August 6, 2005
If there were a rating above Positive then that's where I would have to place them.
Uber Positive?

I ordered Alocasia m. "New Guinea Gold" and "Lutea"

Quality of Growth is excellent!
Collector quality.
These are seriously caring growers.

The Size...Amazing.
To one used to getting tropicals shipped in Astounding is probably a better word.

The "Lutea" is over 30" tall ABOVE the shipping pot.
The NGG (bare-rooted) was just under 24" AFTER potting.
The root system was excellent.
Clean, fresh smelling and solid.
This after a trip from FL to Oh in 90+ temps.

Price w/ shipping better than I could do locally at half the size.

Shipping quality?
Here's a shot about 10 minutes after un-boxing to show that.
Those are 32 gallon trash cans for scale.

On September 9th, 2005, henryr10 added the following:

=========================================

I have ordered twice more and am still VERY impressed w/ the Service, Packing and especially the Plants.

I can't rate a company higher.

Want Service?
I was informed by the owner that a plant I wanted was finally available.
My order was placed and confirmed on 8/23 just 2 days before they were hit in FL by Hurricane Katrina.
I know that area and that they would have taken damage.
I expected a long, long delay and possibly no plants at all.
On Sept 1 my plants arrived in perfect condition.
I learned later, thru a friend, they had been working w/o power to get things put right and the orders out.

THAT's Service!

Positive Strever
Hiouchi, CA (Zone 8b)
July 28, 2005
i ordered a Alocasia "New Guinea Gold" for a very good price
Delivery in 10 days from east coast to west coast
the quality was Great & size was unbelievably large
i will be ordering a lot more from you :-)
Positive number2lindalou
Ormond Beach, FL
July 28, 2005
Have just received five gingers in terrific shape. They arrived with no damage, and I am eager to plant them and enjoy. I will definitely do business with Enid again - correspondence was great, delivery and packaging prompt, and great-looking plants! Thanks!
Positive TrixieM
Mc Call Creek, MS
July 18, 2005
I ordered a very special ginger from this company last fall. At the time I ordered, this company, which is located on the east coast of Florida, had just had one hurricane and was about to have another. They filled my order very promptly, in spite of their weather problems. (My order was a ginger so special I could not find one like it anywhere else.) The ginger was in a dormant state at the time of shipment, as should have been.

However, when springtime arrived, the ginger did not break dormancy. I contacted Enid, and she immediately sent me a replacement which was growing and healthy. There was no cost to me for the replacement, and she was extremely gracious about the replacement.

I will definitely deal with them again, and highly recommend them.
Positive triviologist
Buffalo, NY
May 8, 2005
I made a large order for the botanical garden that I work for. We were looking for unusual aroids and I was very pleased to find this nursery. The plants were expensive, but totally worth it. They were large, healthy and well packed. I am proud to put these plants on public display *straight from the box*!!!!! We are happy campers!
Positive AlabamaGardener
Vincent, AL
February 3, 2005
It's been almost 12 hours since I received my first order from NSExotics and I'm still grinning from ear-to-ear. I was not expecting such big, beautiful alocasias - the largest of which approached 2-ft. in height. Each pot contained at least two healthy plants and, as others have mentioned, was meticulously packaged, arrived quickly, and in excellent condition.

Enid, you have raised the bar and set the standard. Thanks for such a positive experience - you have definitely earned my business AND respect.

Nelson
Positive CaptMicha
Brookeville, MD (Zone 7a)
October 2, 2004
I bought a plant from NXExotics via ebay and the shipping was fast, plant was packaged well, communication was great and the selection was very impressive!

Positive Nan
SW, WI (Zone 4b)
August 16, 2004
Oooh..absolutely positive experiences....always!

I've ordered many plants from Enid in the past....they're always beautiful and large sized.

She's also very prompt and thorough with communication.
Positive Bodhisagan
Dallas, GA
August 14, 2004
I ordered a couple of ginger lillies. They came very quickly ~ three days, and were good looking plants. When it comes to gingers, these guys have good prices and a good selection.

Steve
Positive RedSunDance
Kirbyville, TX (Zone 8b)
July 21, 2004
I was totally happy with the quality and size of the plants they sent.They were large, healthy, and beautiful. The plants were packed with care. They also have a great selection of hard to find goodies...and I will be drooling over more of the plants they offer, and buying them as well~
Positive TexasGardenGirl
Austin, TX
July 19, 2004
I ordered a butterfly ginger ('Elizabeth') from this company via Ebay. I was happy with the speed of the shipment and delighted at the size of the plant. During the transit of the plant, I had a reason to contact the sellers. and they responded quickly. I intend to buy from this nursery again.
Positive belle_michele
Shakopee, MN
July 2, 2004
Wonderful, HEALTHY plants! Incredible job of packaging, so well wrapped/packaged if I hadnít unpackaged them myself I never would have believed these plants had been shipped from several states away! Prices for unusual/hard to find plants exceptionally reasonable, also do NOT gouge for shipping! Great Plants, great Company! I canít wait to order from them AGAIN! Thanks ENID and Natural Selections Exotics!!!
Positive Missyinbama
Wetumpka, AL (Zone 8a)
June 24, 2004
The shipping was fast and the plants were in great shape! When I unwrapped the plants they didn't even look like mail order plants. They were large and healthy like I would have bought them at a local gardening center. Beautiful!
Positive billsmetro
Smithton, IL (Zone 6a)
June 18, 2004
I received a totally awesome plant. It is the largest and healthiest plant I have ever received from any vendor, commercial or private. I cannot praise this company enough and will be a frequent shopper.
Positive rylaff
Niceville, FL (Zone 8b)
June 3, 2004
Outstanding, superb. This company has my repeat business. Very quick to respond to questions. Went out of their way to assist me. Very quick to ship. Plants were very well packed and were in excellent shape when they arrived. Nice size plants, well labeled. Just cant say enough good stuff about them. I am impressed.
Positive RavenBourg
March 16, 2004
In June of 2003 I ordered an AeAe Banana from Natural Selections Exotics, I heard always heard this was a difficult Banana to grow so I was nervous about ordering one. Well it's March 2004 and it has come back from the winter strong, they had the best price of anyplace I checked, and I am very happy with my AeAe from Natural Selections. I plan to order from them again this year.

Raven Bourg
Positive ScottDurand
Miami, FL
March 16, 2004
I order from Natural Selections often, over the last 2 years I have ordered an assortment of different types of tropicals from them. The plants are always really nice sized and healthy, besides being very well packaged. The service is always friendly and prompt. One nice thing about this company is the plants are always labeled correctly and they are always what I am supposed to be getting which is very nice. I highly recommend Natural Selections Exotics.
Neutral blindblonde
July 23, 2003
The plant guarantee states:
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please let us know right away and we will replace your order at no cost to you or refund the cost of your plants.
Which they do abide by. I rec'd sickly plants the first time, it was "blamed" on cold weather. (They have a disclaimer on this as well)and I notified them within a day. They reshipped the plants (across country). The second shipping arrived well, but within a day they started going down hill, too fast for me to have done any damage. I notified them within the second week, with no response. I did a follow up email and they do stick by the return policy, because two weeks was too late.
I am disappointed with the purchase, since all the rest of my tropicals do fine, I am not sure if I am disappointed with the company. I do not think I would order from them again, though.
Positive nekochan7
January 22, 2003
I've ordered from these guys multiple times and always very pleased with the quality of the plants for the price. I also had no problems getting a replacement when plant was damaged in shipping - a pleasure to deal with. I find their selection of gingers and elephant ears to be outstanding, and they are one of the few places that carries the rare Ae Ae banana. A big green thumbs up!
Positive Carter
Houston, TX (Zone 9b)
December 26, 2002
What to say... I've bought several plants from her via eBay and have always been pleased with the size and health of the plants. You can also order from her website that has a somewhat small, but very interesting assortment of plants and seeds. Fast shipping and great packing top off the deal!! Definitely recommended for those tropical lovers looking for something interesting and new!!
On August 22nd, 2007, Carter added the following:

Just to add... since my original rating, I've ordered more plants several times, both via eBay and through their website. I've always quickly received very nice sized plants. Plus, she's always been very friendly and good with communication. I will continue to purchase from Enid and Natural Selections Exotics!
Positive jeffdelk
December 1, 2001
I recently placed an order with natural selections and was very pleased with the quality and size of trees, price, packing and speed of delivery. I will be ordering from them again soon.
Positive patbirdsong
Fort Lauderdale, FL
April 1, 2001
I love this website!! They have everything tropical you can think of and a lot I've never seen before!! The plants I got were good size and healthy. I was impressed because I've gotten plants from others that were puny and weak. The prices aren't bad either. They send instructions and have growing tips on the site.
Positive samoffolter
March 1, 2001
I just wanted to share an experience I had with Natural Selections Exotics. I recently ordered quite a few rare seeds that I had been looking for everywhere. Everything was in stock. Their prices were great too. I asked a lot of questions and they were so helpful. I got my order in 3 days! I will order from them again.