The scoop on 'Cacti.com'

Cacti.com

897 Quail Hill Rd
Fallbrook, California 92028 (United States)

Visit Cacti.com at:

Comments:

Positive Turkishzelda
Shreveport, LA
August 24, 2013
Posted on August 6, 2013, updated August 24, 2013
I ordered close to $100 worth of plants and i am ecstatic about the quality of service. My plants were huge! Don added two free aloes which were a gallon size each. Most of the agaves have pups and they all look healthy. Very good packaging. The cameronii got a little beat up but everything is in the ground and will hopefully be alright. Only downside has been email communication which is a little slow. They will get to you but it is not immediate. But not too big a deal. I will surely be ordering again.
On August 24th, 2013, Turkishzelda added the following:

If i had given a 5 star rating, i would have taken a star away. I cannit get these people to respond. I have sent two emails in the last 3 weeks and nothing.
Positive dellis530
Lima, PA
January 13, 2012
I have ordered several times from this nursery in the past (ten years) all the plants are huge, the prices are great. I recently got my last order and was impressed again and they sent a bonus plant too. Highly reccomend!!
Positive jerrytate
Lake Charles, LA
November 18, 2011
Posted on September 1, 2011, updated November 18, 2011
cacti.com is 5 star. i purchased a large number of agave and aloe and the plants were excellent. the service was excellent. packing was excellent. this is one of those nurseries that you always wanted to hope to find that actually sells superior quality material. i'll be ordering more without hesitation or worry. thanks Don.
On November 18th, 2011, jerrytate added the following:

plants received are always large and healthy but e-mails are sometimes not returned. when a customer is ordering hundreds of dollards of plants, and have specific questions that would help in getting them to re-establish with a hopeful 100% survival rate, i find this an important customer service. but as far as the quality of the plants, this is the nursery to buy from.
Positive dannygates58
Jefferson, NH
April 15, 2010
Posted on March 21, 2009, updated April 15, 2010
Being a certified plant geek and living in a geographically remote area ( White Mountains of New Hampshire ) I rely heavily on Mail order and the internet to fuel my passion many of which I have recorded here. Never have I recieved such beautiful plants as I did this week from Cacti.com. Shipping was almost instantanious and the plants were truly spectacular. Cacti.com has earned its place in my " Must order from" list.
On August 28th, 2009, dannygates58 added the following:

Recieved my second shipment from Don today. Once again spectacular plants. I really cant say enough about this company except I wish he had a greater selection on line!. I see all kinds of treasures in the background of his photos
On April 15th, 2010, dannygates58 added the following:

Order # 3 was expensive and for a client... not me so I was nervous. Turns out no reason! BEAUTIFUL plant exactly what my customer wanted. I LOVE this place!!
Positive GerBo
Davis, CA (Zone 9b)
August 18, 2009
I ordered four agaves and an aloe. My plants shipped within 3 days, and since one of the agaves I'd ordered was on the small side, they threw in a gallon-sized agave titanota for free.The plants were healthy-looking albeit bare-root (as indicated) but I expect them to re-root very quickly. Overall, I'm very pleased with my order and would would definitely give cacti.com my business again.
Negative Cactusdude
Miami, FL (Zone 10b)
March 21, 2008
We never received an institutional order placed in January of this year.

I've sent several e-mails, but no response. I dislike giving negative ratings, but the lack of communication regarding plants never sent is troubling.
Positive gowron
Athens, GA
October 18, 2007
WOW!! Huge plants, excellent quality, fast shipping and great service. Will be a returning customer.
Positive IceGarden
Indianapolis, IN
December 6, 2006
I purchased 2 columar cacti from Catus.com last thursday and they arrived the following tuesday, I was quite happy with the speed orders are processed. Both species I ordered were larger than I expected and arrived in PERFECT condition, nice and sturdy stock and in perfect health. The owner Richard is very personable and helpful in suggesting the best plants for your needs and I look forward to buying a few more cactus from his nursery in the future!

Jennifer - Indiana
Positive kwasell
May 12, 2004
I ordered their agave sampler and three prickly pear cuttings. All look great -- the cuttings are generous and one of the cuttings even bloomed while laying on my sidewalk waiting to be planted. Shipping was quick, too.
Positive mollis
Cleveland, OH
May 30, 2003
Hi folks! I took a chance on ordering from this company because they had what I thought is an informative site with good plant photos and good information on the plants. There is a 50. minimum. on orders. They also had 2 things I have been wanting for a long time, agave-parryi and a Mexican grass tree. (The M. grass tree is pricey, but they are hard to find and it is almost 4 feet tall) They gave a 10% discount which I appreciated. I was/am NOT DISAPPOINTED. They arrived in excellent packing within 2 wks of ordering. They definately knew the names of the plants I viewed on the site. The first page on the site explained that their plants are grown OUTDOORS, not in a greenhouse. To me that meant they would be stronger/healthier and they are and not beat up at all which I thought they might be. I plan to order from them again.
Negative Crasulady2
Valley Village, CA
January 8, 2002
He is growing his plants on the ground covered with black plastic, I don't consider it a clean nursery. He does not know the names of his plants, no documentation. He is a very
nice man, and I have visited his nursery. I considered his prices on the high side. I wish I could give a positive recommendation.