The scoop on 'TulipWorld'

TulipWorld

7350 W Calumet Rd.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53223 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-688-9547
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company offers a variety of bulbs.

Company Comment, posted on July 21, 2004:
TulipWorld is an established name in Dutch flower bulbs, delivering throughout North America. TulipWorld won the prestigious Quill and Trowel Award for Electronic Media from the Garden Writers Association of America. We offer you superb quality flower bulbs and we guarantee very sharp prices.

Our assortment was composed by internationally renown master garden Jacqueline van der Kloet. It comprises a large variety of the most beautiful bulbs to the more uncommon varieties.

Through Tulipworld our specialists are available Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm CT no matter how many visitors we have at the same time! We focus on promptly attending to your needs as our customers are top priority to us! We hope you will enjoy our webshop and get inspired.

Happy Gardening!

Comments:

Positive TallulahShines
Columbia, KY
October 8, 2014
This was the second time that I've ordered from the company. I've always had a good experience. For the most part, the prices are very reasonable, especially towards the end of the season. This time around I order ranunculus and anemones. So far, I've only planted the ranunculus, but - they're huge! After soaking these guys, I was amazed by the quality (Not to mention I received 10 extra!). I can't wait until they start to grow :) Thanks!
Positive Shorty_CA
Manhattan Beach, CA (Zone 10b)
June 4, 2014
I place a small order (under $30) online on a Friday afternoon after their normal business hours. I had a special request as the order was a gift.

I was hoping I would receive an answer to my request the following Monday and have the order shipped that week.

I was very pleasantly pleased that an answer to my request was sent the next day (Saturday) and my order was shipped out that Monday.

I will be ordering from TulipWorld again.
Negative skyrtr
Blue River, CO
June 3, 2014
I asked for an order to be cancelled. When I found out it not been and the order was shipped I called the company who saiid there was nothing they could do because they didn't have anything in their notes about the order being cancelled. I spoke to a supervisor who was obviously not interested in retaining a positive relationship with her customer.
Don't do business with this company if you value being appreciated as a customer and accurate business practices. There are many other online garden and plant businesses who treat their customers with respect.
Company representative comment on June 4, 2014:
On Jun 4, 2014 9:14 AM, TulipWorld responded with:

Dear Customer,

Your honesty in this review of our company would be appreciated. We do not appreciate your false statements and find them very disrespectful. We would like to share our side of the story.
The order you are referencing was placed in April of 2012 on our website by you as a pre-order of fall planted bulbs for the amount of $12.45. It was shipped as planned to your home in Montana in fall of 2012 on time for proper planting. The first time we spoke to you in regard to this order was on June 2nd of 2014, you told us you do not visit that residence often and had not been there for 2 years, and did not want it shipped there. Since you did not contact us until 2 years after the delivery it is not feasible for us to cancel or do anything to adjust the order. If in 2012 we had known that you wanted the order shipped elsewhere or canceled, we would have gladly re-directed the package or canceled the order. We were not contacted with this information, so how could we possibly know where you wanted the package shipped?
We are sorry that you did not contact us in regard to this order during the time frame where we could have helped you, and that by the time you got the package 2 years later the bulbs were unusable. As stated on the phone, we can't justify a refund or any sort of compensation, since there was no way for us to prevent this from happening, and it was your responsibility to contact us, which you did not do. We wish you luck in your future garden endeavors. We would sincerely appreciate your integrity in updating your original review to reflect the correct information of what happened.

Tulip World staff

Positive tundragardner
Eagle River, AK
September 24, 2013
The begonia tubers I ordered from Tulip World were wonderful this year. All of them grew into lovely large plants. I won a division champion at the Alaska State Fair with one of the white ones!! I am looking forward to ordering more next year!!
Positive Vashur
Wichita, KS (Zone 6b)
April 26, 2013
My order from fall 2012 is now up and blooming. I don't think I've lost a single bulb and they are really looking great. I was pleased enough I've made a preorder for a new bed I've started for this fall.
Positive philf
Auburn, NY
March 6, 2013
Total pleased with my Tulip World order.I ordered the Grand Hanging Basket Begonia selection.The bulbs were Huge. I was totally delighted.Pricing was excellent and no extra charges for handling or shipping! I received my order in a timely manor.
On arrival I noticed that I was short 3 bulbs .I called the 800 number,got a customer service rep. immediately and explained my problem.Three days later I had the shorted bulbs as well as an added bonus. Thanks Tulip World for the great product as well as an outstanding customer service dept.
(p.s.) It's nice to talk to someone in America for service.
Negative corner
Worcester, MA
October 11, 2012
I ordered mixed gladiolas which were supposed to be a rainbow of colors, when they sprouted they only came up a couple at a time and there were only 2 colors.The company gave me credit for them and when I went to place an order for something else they wanted me to pay for shipping again.Also I had ordered freesia and they never sprouted at all.I was givin a credit for those also. I placed an order for something else and was charged nothing extra. My overall experience with this company was not very good. I spent most of my time e-mailing back and forth. I cancelled my
replacement for the gladiolas and no one ever contacted me to resolve the problem.
Company representative comment on October 11, 2012:
On Oct 11, 2012 11:33 AM, TulipWorld responded with:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback in regard to our company. We did issue a credit for both the Gladiolus and Freesia which were placed on the same order and you paid 1 shipping charge of $3.95. The first portion of the credit you used to order a mix of allium and we shipped this replacement for no additional shipping, therefore covering the shipping charge from your original order. When you wanted to use the remaining credit that was issued for the failed freesia to order iris, we placed the order for you but require you to pay $3.95 shipping to cover the cost since this was a new order. We emailed you asking to pay the difference and had not heard back from you until this negative review, not even giving us a chance to work out an agreement. It seems like there is a communication error between us, as every email you write us is a new email as opposed to a reply to our emails, which would make communicating much easier. We also are here Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm and can be reached by our 1-866-688-9547 number and we could have easily resolved this matter in a one time conversation as opposed to emailing back and forth. Since we issued you merchandise credits for the gladiolus, we are not certain which canceled order you are referring to as we have not received an email from you about this. We are sorry we were not able to resolve this matter with you and will cancel your order for the iris, however felt as though we upheld our guarantee by issuing you credits for the items that failed or turned out to bloom incorrectly. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Positive JuliaNY
Dundee, NY
October 9, 2012
Posted on October 6, 2012, updated October 9, 2012
First time ordering from TulipWorld. I placed my order and within a week, it was shipped. Bulbs arrived yesterday and look perfectly fine with no noticeable issues. I have to store these in the basement till I can plant them next week. I ordered tulips, crocus, muscari and daffodils.
One note: I did find they did not include one of the items I ordered. I promptly called customer service and told them which item was missing and they promised to ship it right away. I received yesterday notification that a shipment is coming which should arrive this coming week. Perfect.

One thing I think TulipWorld should do when pulling and packing the customers orders is to put a check mark next to the item on the packing slip so they know they pulled all the ordered items.

Next spring I'll come back and do a follow-up on the actual blooms and the results.

On October 9th, 2012, JuliaNY added the following:

Just to update that today I received the package of missing daffodils and everything is excellent as far as bulb quality and size.

Excellent customer service to ship the missing item very quickly.
Positive Mateo6288
Santa Fe, NM
April 20, 2012
Based on their shipping alone I give them 5 stars! I was debating which company to order some cannas and lillys from and with TulipWorlds affordable shipping they are one of my new favorite vendors.

As for the product, the assorted stargazer's were of decent size and about what I expected them to be. The Tall Canna assortment were overall medium in size, got a few runts in the bag but they should even out. I would say most had 3 eyes none over 4, I did expect them to be a bit larger but not dissapointing

I will be doing business with TulipWorld again.
Positive Speckled_Hen
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
March 13, 2012
Posted on February 17, 2012, updated March 13, 2012
I went ahead and took advantage of TulipWorld's end-of-season discounts and low shipping and ordered an assortment of spring-blooming bulbs from them at the end of 2011. I was very happily surprised with my order. They shipped quickly (and everything was nicely packed), the shipping amount was low, and the bulbs were large and healthy. The only thing that was less than impressive was the one iris I ordered which looked dried-up and lifeless when I got it and is kind of limping along now. I paid little for it in any case. I was very pleased with the majority of my order though. My narcissus from TulipWorld are happily beginning to bloom now and are so pretty, and are true to their descriptions. Don't be scared off by their low shipping price and last-minute deals, thinking the quality is bad - it is not. My experience with this company was definitely positive and I will be ordering from them again.
On March 13th, 2012, Speckled_Hen added the following:

I just wanted to add that the iris I had ordered from them and was concernced about is fine after all - healthy and sprouting new leaves. :) I'm looking forward to its' bloom. My Flower Drift narcissus from Tulip World are still blooming and are looking lovely - they're the highlight of my garden right now. Good ordering experience with Tulip World.
Positive kelliejoy
Arlington Heights, IL
February 3, 2012
I ordered Dahlias from them last year and just loved them! I am buying more this year when they have a good sale! I also like their cheap shipping. I now LOVE dahlias!
Negative JJ1
New York, NY
June 19, 2011
Don't waste your money !

The bulbs I planted came up and the flowers are in bloom.
However, none of them are even close to the colors I ordered, and the colors are very washed out.
Company representative comment on June 20, 2011:
On Jun 20, 2011 7:34 AM, TulipWorld responded with:

Dear Gardener,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on Dave's Garden, we certainly appreciate all feedback given by our customers, it is the only way to ensure we can serve you to our best ability. We are not sure if you are aware of our 100% grow and satisfaction policy. If you are not, we stand by all of our products with our 100% grow guarantee, and aim to achieve 100% satisfaction from our customers. We see that from your review you are not satisfied with the outcome of the items you purchased from us and this disappoints us. If you would so kindly contact us by email or telephone 1-866-688-9547 with your account or order information, we will be happy to right this situation with you, to ensure your satisfaction with our company and products.

Tulip World Customer Service Department

Positive bryana
Albany, NY
April 16, 2011
I ordered a collection of begonias and a collection of dwarf cannas. The begonia bulbs were absolutely enormous. I have never order ed canna roots before but they look good sized as well. A great bargain - I will order from them again.
Company representative comment on April 29, 2011:
On Apr 29, 2011 11:38 AM, TulipWorld responded with:

Bryana-

Thank you for your positive words! We are happy to hear how pleased you are with your order! We look forward to working with you again soon! And we wish you joyful gardens this year, and for many years to follow!

Thank you!

Tulip World

Positive jimbarg
Blairstown, NJ
March 3, 2011
I just received my order of begonia tubers from Tulip World and I am so excited that I can't wait to see these beauties growing. They are gorgeous, large, and healthy-looking --- far nicer than bulbs I've received from other mail/web-order firms in the past. If the rest of my order is this good, I'm going to be doing regular business with this company (and I also must add...after I placed my order, I needed to make a change, and the person I spoke with on the phone was most accommodating and very friendly, and made sure that my request was taken care of promptly)
Company representative comment on March 4, 2011:
On Mar 4, 2011 10:34 AM, TulipWorld responded with:

Thank you for your kind words, we take pride in our bulbs! We ourselves are amazed at how big the Begonia Tubers are this year, some are as big as a 1/2 pound hamburger patty!! We are so happy to hear your sanctification and look forward to the opportunity to work with you again in the future for all your flower bulb needs!

Tulip World!

On Mar 4, 2011 3:56 PM, TulipWorld added:

We would like to correct the typo we made in our previous post, we said we were happy to hear your "sanctification" and meant to say "We are so happy to hear about your satisfaction" sorry for the error I guess our fingers were moving faster than our brain:) Never the less, we are happy to hear about how please you are with our company!

Positive Abernathy99
Morgantown, WV
August 25, 2010
Tulip World was great! First time experience and they were easy to use and I Love the Live Chat Feature! I ended up getting Jenny several times cause I kept messing up things. She was very nice each time and very friendly and professional. They definitely stole a Burpees customer!
Company representative comment on August 26, 2010:
On Aug 26, 2010 1:24 PM, TulipWorld responded with:

Thank you so much for your compliments! Our customers voices matter to us! We are happy to hear that you had such a positive experience when ordering and working with our customer service representatives. We look forward to building a relationship with you as one of our many important customers, and look forward to working with you again on your next flower bulb purchase. Thank you again for your kind words, and happy planting!

Jennifer Brandt
Horticulturalist/Customer Service Representative

Positive mrickett
Lawrenceville, GA
July 17, 2010
Posted on July 6, 2010, updated July 17, 2010
I ordered six Cleopatra Cannas. They were advertised as 3-5 eyes. I received the items promptly but was very disappointed in the quality of the bulbs. Two were of average size and had 2-3 eyes each. The remaining bulbs were very small and did not have any noticeable eyes. They were planted in mid-May and only two have sprouted. From the looks of the foliage I doubt they are true Cleopatra Cannas. I am very disappointed with this supplier.
On July 17th, 2010, mrickett changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I originally gave Tulip World a negative review. I was contacted by Jennifer in customer service. She was very concerned about the issue I had with the canna rhizomes. I suspect my issue with the rhizomes was an exception to the norm. She addressed my concerns and resolved the problem. I am very pleased with the customer service I received from Jennifer and Tulip World. I have changed my review of Tulip World to positive. I plan to purchase from them again.
Company representative comment on July 19, 2010:
On Jul 19, 2010 3:40 PM, TulipWorld responded with:

On Jul 19, 2010 3:50 PM, TulipWorld added:

All of us at Tulip World wanted you to know how much we enjoyed working with you! We receive a lot of really positive feedback from our customers which only helps us to grow and serve our customers better! Once again it truly was a pleasure to work with you and we are glad we could meet your 100% satisfaction in regard to the Canna rhizomes. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Thanks Again! & Happy Gardening!

Jennifer Brandt
Horticulturalist/Customer Service

Negative flora_p
Champaign, IL (Zone 5b)
February 23, 2010
I've never bought from TulipWorld. That didn't keep them from spamming me, though. Which is actually a breach of the federal CAN-SPAM Act as well as being a very customer-unfriendly business practice, so I think it's a disregard for appropriate behavior that's worth warning people about.

Positive aspenbooboo41
Whitehall, PA (Zone 6a)
November 8, 2008
I just ordered 3 different types of tulip bulbs from Tulipworld.com and am pleased with the transaction. Good price and selection; Shipping was reasonable and very prompt; The bulbs are nice and large and very healthy looking. I would order from this company again with no hesitation.
Positive jestelleoan
Tyler, TX (Zone 8a)
May 12, 2008
I am so pleased with Tulip World every thing is always more then I expect In size and quality. I just got a Neapolitanum Cyclamen from them and it is 4 1/2" a cross on sale it was $3.45 or about that. I wish I had bought 10 of them.
Positive lilydude
Olivia, MN
October 17, 2007
I had a great experience with Tulip Wolrd, I ordered about $200 worth of tulips and some double daffodils. Everything was delivered in excellent shape and the bulbs are HUGE! Can't wait to see the results this spring. I called my order in and received good customer service, they wouldn't budge on any shipping fees, but it never hurts to ask.
Neutral 75751
Fort Mill, SC (Zone 7b)
August 11, 2007
WARNING!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!
Tulip World is curently taking orders. I placed an order
on 08-11-07. It has an unsecure website!! Another honest
customer alerted me to the fact that when she looked at
their website-(same day) all of my personal information
came up on her screen. Very scary in these days and times!
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

c&nn
On August 21st, 2007, 75751 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I received an adequite apology from Tulip World over this
situation. Tulip World assures me that their website is
now 100% secure. However, I will most likely not be placing any orders in the future.

c&nn
Positive bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA (Zone 7a)
December 2, 2006
On May 2, 2006 I placed an order with Tulipworld for mostly tulips and narcissus and then again on May 14, 2006, I ordered more bulbs including some interesting Fritillaria and the Eremurus, Cleopatra. They immediately acknowledged the orders clearly via email. I awaited the fall delivery. However in the fall I received from them a devastating tale of evil hooliganism in their bulb warehouse necessitating for them to have to replace all the bulbs with new shipments from Holland. I expected to receive a poorly filled order. However, I recently received both orders (combined for shipping) in their entirety that were as fat and happy as any I received from the many other suppliers that I had ordered from this year. The Eremurus were the size of UFOs. I was very pleased with all the more than 300 bulbs that they shipped to me. I will order again from them. Patti
Positive FQZ585
Salt Lake City, UT
September 30, 2006
It is true that this company is rather slow with replying emails. However, I have very good experience with them. I ordered total of 300 bulbs from them in May for October delivery. But, because we usually have frost already in October, I asked them to change the shipping to September delivery and they DID! I got all my bulbs, nice, healthy, and big on September 25th. If all these bulbs bloom next spring, I would definitely re-order from them. Plus, they have incentive discounts for order greater than certain amount (check their website) and another discount if you are a returned customer on top of that. I believe they do have good price on bulbs compare to other online companies.

For those who feels they are not replying emails, just pick up the phone and call! After all, email is not the only way to communicate!!
Negative Sorry
Adrian, MI
September 6, 2006
Being a first time customer of Tulip World has not been so easy. Their website claims to have 24 hr customer relations. Since they are an overseas company, I have e:mailed them several times to place an order, .or questions, etc..etc.. but have not gotten a response. Not sure if I would do business with them again since they are so difficult to get in touch with.
Positive paulelli
Dublin
Ireland
June 20, 2005
I've been a customer of TulipWorld's for 2 years now and my experience has been exceptional in all respects. The website is exceptional-- in addition to easy-to-follow planting and care info, there is plenty of additional reference and advisory material.
The quality of the bulbs I've ordered has been consistently top grade, and prices are competitive. Although I've not had any problem or issue requiring customer service, I've been proactively contacted by TulipWorld for feedback on my experience, which has reinforced for me what a top-notch, customer-focused company they are.
When friends and neighbors have paid compliments about our garden, I've not hesitated to extend the credit to TulipWorld for providing me with the excellent product that makes it all possible. I routinely introduce and recommend TulipWorld to friends and family because my experience with them has been absolutely great.
Positive cbilo
Manorhamilton
Ireland
June 20, 2005
I enjoy purchasing from Tulipworld for numerous reasons, but in particular I'm very pleased with their customer service. I would like to point out one particular incident from November 2004: I had ordered bulbs, but didn't receive them when expected. It turned out that the package had been returned to Tulipworld (even though the address was correct, so it was a postal error), and I was given a choice of a refund plus an additional discount for my next order or a refund for the amount paid incl. shipping fee. This is what I would call superb customer service!

I've been happy to recommend the site to friends and colleagues since I started buying there.

I'm pleased with the quality of the products and I like the assortment (especially the mix packages). And can't wait for Tulipworld to expand their choice (herb seeds for example?).
Positive cowgardener
Southport, ME
May 25, 2005
We have done business with Tulipworld for several years and have been pleased overall with the service and especially the product; very good quality. We used them because they carried varieties that we were unable to obtain anywhere else. This year none of those varieties are on their site which is too bad. We have slow internet connections in our area and didn't find their site quite as user friendly as others. I would like to see a full list of all their products with clickable variety names in addition to the groups of tulip colors listed under such titles as "Classics", "Serene Tones" & "Specialties". *Perhaps it should be noted that we received an e-mail recently from them asking for our comments and a follow-up e-mail thanking us for our input including a linked request to submit a post on the Garden Watchdog.
Positive nbracken
South Grafton, MA
May 18, 2005
I have been a customer for several years, and I have never been disappointed with the quality of their bulbs.
The customer service department is outstanding, they are always very helpful and quick to respond to any questions.
Their prices are very reasonable. The website is very well organized and easy to use.
There is an amazing amount of information and I love the style advisor feature.
I love the way the product is packaged, each bulb is individually packed and labeled with all the important information including the name, color, and the instructions on when and how to plant.
I really love Tulip World. I highly recommend this company.
Positive cajino
vicenza
Italy
May 12, 2005
My experience in both gardening and buying bulbs online is limited to Tulipworld, so I can't make comparisons with others, but I feel I'll hardly find a more reliable, efficient and well organized company.
The site is easy to surf, full of useful information and pictures, delivery is made on schedule and above all the bulbs are of excellent quality (100% success in my case!).
Moreover, customer care and after sale assistance are absolutely top rate, with plenty of (much needed, for me) advice on how to care for your bulbs.
Positive rissy
Lynnfield, MA
May 11, 2005
We could not have been more pleased with Tulip World. The bulbs were shipped in a timely fashion and in perfect condition. This spring we had a spectacular display of daffodils and look forward to future shipments.

The company even helped us with our planting skills and were quick to answer our many questions. We would highly recommend this company (and already have to many friends).
Positive hcurtiss
North Salem, NY
Dear Tulip World,
I wanted to let you know how satisfied I am with your bulbs! My experience with Tulip World was so positive that I would give you a very high recommendation. Our Church holds an annual harvest festival and we decided to sell bulbs on site, not through mail order catalogs. I researched 3 categories and Tulip World exceeded my expectation in each area.
PRICE: The prices at Tulip World were exceptional! We were able to offer bulbs to our customers at prices well below those in catalogs and still make a very good profit. We sold out of our entire stock of 1000 assorted bulbs in less than one week.
QUALITY: These were the biggest bulbs I have ever seen! I followed the Website instructions for forcing bulbs indoors and I had beautiful flowers in my office all through January. Our customers have given us feedback about how beautiful the flowers are. For example, the hyacinths are on nice sturdy stalks and their fragrance is wonderful and the tulips and daffodils are nice and tall with dramatic colors.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: I was a little hesitant about dealing with a company overseas. I sent Tulip World an email with some questions regarding shipping and delivery. To my surprise, I received a reply arranging a time that would be convenient for me to have a customer representative contact me! He answered all of my questions and responded to my concerns. I thought Tulip World went "above and beyond" by treating their customers with special care. Your customer service is outstanding!
I would like to thank you for enabling our sale to be such a success and I look forward to placing more orders with you! Thanks, Helen
Positive plant_manager
Lombard, IL
May 11, 2005
I found Tulip World on the web because I was trying to find unusual bulbs. I have ordered several varieties of popular bulbs and also unusual bulbs from them since then and the quality has been consistently extraordinary. The flowers are awesome and the bloom rate is 100% and that makes their bulbs a great value. I ordered from other bulb suppliers via the web and have had 50% bloom rates or 0% in some cases. Tulip World is the only bulb supplier from which I will order now and in the future.
Positive heltre
Bethany, CT
May 11, 2005
I found Tulip World by chance. I got a coupon from another company for $20 of free bulbs. I was going to order a lot but thought I would scope out other companys prices. Through a google search I found Tulip World and the prices were fabulous. To hedge my bets I ordered from 3 different companies. The bulbs from Tulip word were the largest I received and the most affordable. They even included plastic labels to mark where/what you planted. Right now I have a fabulous looking spring garden and I can't wait to order more. I have recommended them to all my friends and without hesitation I endorse them here. Companies like this with high quality products and good customer service (they emailed this spring to check that everything was blooming as expected!!) deserve to succeed
Positive Polak
Amsterdam
Netherlands
April 27, 2005
I wanted to surprise my auntie in the states with some flower bulbs from The Netherlands. I really didn't know where to start.

After some google searching on the internet I found this company from Amsterdam.

The website looks professionnal and it seemed that they had a lot of experience with exporting to the states. So I thougth, why not?

And I was right! She received the bulbs in mint condition and they are blooming perfectly. She was really happy with this gift.

Since I live in the city I thought I couldn't grow bulbs, but on their website I saw some pots and containers in which you can grow bulbs. So I ordered a small package. They are sending me this next fall. I am really looking forward to this.

I really recommend the company Tulipworld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Positive Janna
Mahwah, NJ (Zone 6a)
April 9, 2004
When I discovered Tulip world last autumn I was not sure - shipping from Europe scared me. Then I decided to give it a try since their prices were excellent and shipping cost turned out to be low. I was rewarded with prompt shipment and just wonderful bulbs! SO huge, so fresh, so great! Strongly recommend to anyone.
Positive pennstater81
April 5, 2004
I have ordered from them on at least three separate occasions. The bulbs arrived on time, in good condition, and were of good size. To the best of my knowledge, all of my bulbs have come up my spring and are looking good. If you're looking for a quality product at a reasonable price, I would highly recommend Tulipworld.
Positive hbollma
Toledo, OH
March 10, 2004
I ordered from Tulip would last summer and planted my bulbs in the fall. So far so good! Everything is poking up through the ground and my crocus are already in full bloom. They are gorgeous and each bulb I planted has produced at least 4 blooms. If the tulips, daffodils and hyacinths do just as well, I will for sure be ordering more bulbs from this company for next year. Packaging and information provided by the company was great also. I'll update my post after everything has bloomed.
Positive LooneyLinda
Mantua, UT (Zone 4b)
November 7, 2003
Tulipworld has huge, healthy bulbs at a good price. They are packaged well with good instructions. When I have e-mailed them I have received a prompt reply. I will definitely order from them again
Positive SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN (Zone 5b)
September 26, 2003
Tulipworld was awesome......the bulb quality was top notch, and much better than many of the other online retailers I have tried. The Hyacinths they sent me were HUGE...advertised as 16/17 cm, but most were 18/19. All of the bulbs they sent performed beautifully here in north TX. Their service was also fantastic: sometimes things happen in this industry, especially when you order large numbers of bulbs like I did, but Tulipworld made corrections quickly and apologetically, and told me to keep the bulbs sent in error. They even sent me a note out of the blue twice to ask how I liked my bulbs. This is the best kept secret in online flowerbulb catalogs, and they provide a model of service and ethics for others. I'll be excited to receive this year's shipments.
Positive ROB333
March 5, 2003
Great service, great prices, great selection. These are the best bulbs I have ever gotten. They are bigger and healthier than any I have bought from several other vendors in the past. I was so wowed by them, I had to suggest them to Plants by Mail, something I haven't done before. I will buy all my bulbs from them in the future. I have to say, I don't know how they might handle a problem, because I sure didn't have any problems!