The scoop on 'Hodnick Company (L'Entreprise Hodnik)'

Hodnick Company (L'Entreprise Hodnik)

45700 St-Maurice-sur-Fessard

August 18, 2011
Posted on May 25, 2011, updated August 18, 2011
Posted on May 14, 2011, updated May 25, 2011
Posted on May 7, 2011, updated May 14, 2011
This is one of the very few nurseries that specialize on tropicals in Europe and ship plants to countries outside France, so we don' t have many other choices. Their catalog is absolutely huge, with great variety of tropicals. On the other hand there is a certain problem with the size of the plants. Sometimes the plants sent are so small and together with the shipping damage are hard to survive. Most of them are rooted cuttings, so they are more vulnerable. The prices are very high for the sizes of the plants i think. Also, i never had a replacement despite that i wrote them that i had problem with Passiflora racemosa twice, because the plants were so weak and finally didn' t make it.
On May 14th, 2011, eliasastro added the following:

In my recent order the plants were a bit larger, and one Strophanthus arrived on flower! On the other hand there is a certain problem with the packaging. The cardboard of the packet is so soft that usually deforms during transport. As a result, i had great damage on a large plant of Petrea volubilis. All the soil run out of it's pot and it arrived bare rooted. Despite the large size of the plant there is danger that it won't make it.
On May 25th, 2011, eliasastro added the following:

Unfortunately, the large Petrea volubilis plant finally died.
I can't believe it.
Emailed to the company, but no reply...
On August 18th, 2011, eliasastro changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Fortunately, in my next order they sent a replacement plant of Petrea volubilis!
Positive Moonglow
Corte Madera, CA
November 30, 2005
My first encounter with HODNIK was at the Brugmansia Forum. Someone was talking highly of this French company. The brug nut that I am, I looked Hodnik up and landed on their website.

Even for someone like me who barely understands French, their site is easy to navigate and understand. I set up my account, ordered online. It was a seamless transaction.

Communication is amazing. I e-mailed; either Earl or Andre wrote back. Less than 24-hours.

Considering the plants took a trans-Atlantic journey, they arrived here in perfect condition. Better than the other brugs I have bought in the USA.

Impeccable packaging.

I will definitely order from HODNIK again!
On November 30th, 2005, Moonglow added the following:

Inspected and Cleared in New York, USA. Port of Entry.
On November 30th, 2005, Moonglow added the following:

Please follow this link to secure the appropriate form/s.

Contact National Plant Board in you state.

I hope you find this helpful.