The scoop on 'Bluebird Nursery, Inc.'

Bluebird Nursery, Inc.

519 Bryan Street
Clarkson, Nebraska 68629 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-356-9164
Fax: 1-402-892-3738

Comments:

Positive fpgill
lexington, MA (Zone 6a)
September 20, 2012
I've been ordering from Bluebird for a number of years; I work for a conservation district that holds plant sales as fundraisers for their programs. We've been very happy overall with the quality of the plants and customer service.
Positive JoansGreen
Bloomfield, NE
June 21, 2009
They are knowledgeable on Sustainable Landscapers in Nebraska. Unfortunately too few Nebraska people are in favor or even care about Sustainable Landscaping.
Positive bears15
Platte Center, NE (Zone 5b)
May 24, 2008
Bluebird Nursery is fantastic-I go there 3-4 times a season.
I have never had a bad plant
the help will answer any question you have
I love this place
Positive Jackog
Hampshire
United Kingdom (Zone 9a)
February 22, 2005
I contacted BlueBird by email and even though my need was extremely small and they are normally a wholesale trader they were extremely helpful and quick to respond.
Very impressive!
Positive tanner
July 2, 2002
I have purchased wholesale from Bluebird Nursery several times and have always been very happy with the quality of their plants. One of my orders was held up with the shipping company (not Bluebirds fault) and the staff was very polite and resolved the problem with ease. My mushy dead plants were replaced with beautiful new ones. I recommend this company not only for their great selection, but also for their proffesional staff and customer service policies.
Positive chriscurtis
May 1, 2002
I just spent a Saturday touring the gardens at Bluebird Nursery and shopping at their retail center. Bluebird grows and sells an amazing selection of plants. I used to order from catalogs to get anything out of the ordinary, but Bluebird sells a lot of species and varieties I've never seen in a catalog. They seem to specialize in plants that are suitable for Nebraska's blistering summers and frigid, windy winters, so you can bet they will work in most other parts of the USA. I also visited the nursery for its 2001 Hort Expo, and would recommend it to other gardeners.
Positive talinum
Kearney, NE (Zone 5a)
December 1, 2001
BlueBird Nursery is wholesale only. Web site is http://www.bluebirdnursery.com. I have a friend that has a commercial greenhouse that orders from them. Their plants are outstanding. I have also visited their greenhouses. They have a fabulous set-up. They also do much in testing and development of new plants. They do sell retail on-site, so if you get to northeast NE look them up. They have some great photos at their website.
Positive kathleencue
November 1, 1998
Bluebird Nursery IS strictly a wholesale nursery, but what a selection! If you are ever near Clarkson NE it is definitely worth your time to tour their test gardens and, best of all, they have a retail outlet where you can buy those interesting perennials you saw on your tour of the test gardens.
Positive nancyscott
July 1, 1998
True, Bluebird only sells wholesale from the catalogue. But, if you are ever traveling through Nebraska, be sure and stop in Clarkson to see Bluebird Nursery. They have a wonderful retail outlet with fantastic prices and a huge selection of plants, many you won't find anywhere else, unless your local nursery orders everything they have. Harlan Hamernik, the owner travels the world hunting for new plants for us gardeners. Last year it was China. I already have two new shrub Clematis and a dwarf maple from that trip.
Neutral teresalombard
Crete, NE (Zone 5b)
February 1, 1998
I called Bluebird Nursery recently and was told they only sell wholesale - no retail.