The scoop on 'Green Hill Farm (hostahosta.com)'

Green Hill Farm (hostahosta.com)

Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516 (United States)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive JetGal
Sugar Grove, IL
May 23, 2013
Posted on June 19, 2012, updated May 23, 2013
Absolutely blown away when I unpacked my hostas!!!

I placed web order on 6/4/12 & Nancy sent me an e-mail shortly afterwards that my order would ship 6/5/12. WOW, that was great customer service!!! I received my order on 6/7/12 & I was honestly blown away at how beautiful, healthy & HUGE my hosta divisions were. Bob & Nancy even gave me a gratis hosta, which was completely unexpected.

I sent Bob & Nancy an e-mail shortly afterwards to thank them tremendously for the beautiful hostas & that I will be visiting their website soon for more of their hostas.

Bob & Nancy ... you guys ROCK!!! Can you open a hosta farm near Sugar Grove, IL ?????
On May 23rd, 2013, JetGal added the following:

BLOWN AWAY [again] is really all I can say for the plants I received today !!!

Green Hill Farm needs to be in the GWD top 5.

Bob & Nancy, thanks once again for the beautiful plants you have once again sent me.
Positive Supernana
Bellevue, OH
June 16, 2010
I ordered seven hostas from GR and received them promptly...big, beautiful, healthy plants with strong roots. Beautifully prepared. Then, I visited their nursery in Chapel Hill and met Bob and Nancy Solberg. They're great folks who care about their hostas AND about their customers. I'm a hostaholic and I will continue to feed my needs with their plants. They should be on Dave's Top 30 list!
Positive Flowerchild59
Carbondale, IL
June 12, 2009
I am a seasoned hosta-holic and it takes alot for me to shout blazes of glory, but this nursery had me singing. They shipped absolutely prime hostas with extensive root systems. They were extremely well packed and protected in their cozy box.
The emails were pleasant and they had top notch customer service.
Will I order again.............well, I guess you know the answer to that one.
Positive zafo
Saint Louis, MO
May 1, 2008
I have always drooled over the hosta that Green Hill offers and this year I bit the bullet and ordered from them. Boy am I glad I did. I received multiple divisions of beautiful plants with healty root systems. This won't be my last order.
Positive missykp
Murfreesboro, TN
May 3, 2007
These guys are the bomb! I ordered a half dozen mini hostas from them this year and they threw in a great freebie since I was a first-time customer. It wasn't a scrawny seedling but nice named variety that was actually pretty pricey. All hostas arrived wrapped in enough shredded newspaper to cradle a volkswagen. Each was diapered in its own little plastic bag, being conveniently bare-rooted for easy planting. I got a nice little reminder card from them about my delivery date before the hostas came... As is turned out the Freeze of 07 kept me from prompt planting but with the addition of a little water and a shop light they held over nicely for a few days until spring time returned. The catalogue is full of interesting information and entertaining articles by Bob Solberg. He even personally e-mailed me back when I wrote to him about how pleased I was with my plants and service. I will definitely order from these great folks again...
Positive ColoradoBird
Littleton, CO
April 25, 2006
I want to add a positive word about this company because Bob Solberg has been incredibly helpful and kind, answering questions about a plant that I think is a hosta growing in my yard, when he had no reason to do so. If I were to order hostas from any company, I would order from Green Hill because I can see how fantastic the customer service is, since he has been so friendly and helpful to me and I'm not even a customer (yet). Add this to the other reviewers' comments about the wonderfully healthy plants, and anyone can see that this is a first-rate company.
Positive mikencarol
Woodstown, NJ (Zone 7a)
April 4, 2004
Excellent hostas. Have received wonderful plants for three straight years. Multiple divisions and great roots. Bob and Nancy are also a pleasure to deal with and stand behind their plants. Can't go wrong here.
Positive ldanlv
June 3, 2002
I place a large order of hostas last year. They came and were big and beautiful. They are twice as nice when they came up this spring. I recently order more from them this year. Can't wait to see how they are. You can't go wrong when ordering from Green Hill Hostas.
On June 6th, 2002, ldanlv added the following:

Got my new hostas today. Wow!!! totally awesome. You will never go wrong ordering from them. Huge, Huge, Huge and healthy
On June 5th, 2003, ldanlv added the following:

Just received a new order of 9 different hostas. I have order from 5 different places this year. Green Hill are by far the best. They are very large and a have an massive amount of roots. You will never go wrong!!! Order from this great company!!
Positive sphillips5
March 25, 2002
I am lucky enough to live close to Green Hill Hostas. It is impossible to go and "just look." The plants are all happy and healthy. The selection is extensive in terms of color and size. Bob Solberg is always on hand to help you make your selections. I cannot think that to order from the catalog or website would be any different. I have seen the plants, and I would not hesitate to recommend them as a great mail order source.