The scoop on 'Glenbrook Farm'

Glenbrook Farm

142 Brooks Road
Fultonville, New York 12072 (United States)

Comments:

Positive veryblessed
Morehead, KY
June 11, 2013
I stumbled across Glenbrook Farm while searching for different varieties of Convallaria (Lily of the Valley). I emailed the owner Viktoria, who promptly answered my questions. I placed my order for the three varieties of Lily of the valley I had been searching for and also added a viola that is only available from them. Within days they were at my house, the plants were beautiful, healthy and well packaged. I then placed another order, this time for a couple of hostas (they have over 1000 different varieties listed) and again they were at my doorstep in just a few days. I highly recommend Viktoria and Glenbrook Farm for both hostas and other shade plants. I will be buying from them again!
Positive steamrocket1
Middleton, WI
July 9, 2012
Wonderful! I just received my first order from Glenbrook Farm, hosta 'Glen Eyeful Tower' (their introduction) and hosta 'Lakeside Shoremaster.' I was amazed at the size of the divisions I received. Each plant was very healthy, packaged well, and had a very extensive root system. Glen Eyeful Tower also had two large flower stalks. It should be a huge plant when mature. Viktoria, the proprietor, is very knowledgeable and friendly. I place a lot of mail orders for plants, especially hosta, and I'm putting Glenbrook at the top of my list. Order with confidence. You'll be pleased at the results. Thanks, Glenbrook!
Positive gardencatgirl
Hillsboro, OR
January 5, 2012
I did some research on Pink Convallaria Majalis and found Glenbrook. I have ordered several pips from this company and was absolutely SATISFIED with my order. The pips bud were big and healthy. The owner was really nice and answered all my questions with honesty.
I have bookmarked their website and will order more of the lily-of-valley pips (if available) in spring 2012. Thank you.
Positive ycn4chin
Dickson, TN
August 18, 2011
I lost a favorite hosta in the 2010 historic Nashville area floods. I did an online search to replace it, and Glenbrook Farms had it. I read their reviews on DGW, and although there were no recent reviews, the ones posted were very favorable. I ordered the desired hosta plus two others that I wanted to add to my collection. They arrived on the third working day, were nice fresh well-rooted divisions, and the packaging was great. The 'Fragrant Blue' even had a bloomscape, which I appreciated. I would recommend them.
Positive tsbccowboy
Saint Paul, MN
May 22, 2008
They sent beautiful Hostas at a reasonable price. Their communication was excellent. It was a pleasure doing business with them. I am very excited to see one of the Hostas, 'Niko', grow up.
Positive keffy
Pelham, NH
July 2, 2007
I had ordered about 13 hostas from Glenbrook - WOW - very large and healthy plants for a very reasonable price! Arrived in a well packaged box and all plants in excellent shape. Definitely will be ordering from them again and am pleased to be a reference for them.
Positive sbarr
Albany (again), NY (Zone 5b)
August 10, 2003
I had the pleasure of going out to visit Glenbrook Farms in person. The owner Viktoria, a very knowledgeable seller, took me on a lengthy tour showing me all of her specimens, with comments and history on most of them. I enjoyed the chance to see plants in their prime before going to the greenhouse to choose what was available. She treats her plants like children, and you could tell she truly enjoys hostas. Many of her specimens were not for sale at the time (late July), but that didn't deter her from showing me everything.

Of the plants that I bought, all had very healthy root structures, several were ready to bloom. My only regret is that I have a mortgage payment, because I do believe that I could spend a mortgage payment there with ease.

I do look forward to visiting again next year, earlier in the season when more is available and hopefully tagging along on another tour of her plants to get more additions to my wish list. My regret is that my mind was swimming with hostas and I had not remembered to bring a pad of paper to write things down.

To any hosta lover in upstate NY, it is well worth it to take an afternoon, drive out there and see what many of us can only dream of - and take home a few treats!
Positive GrannyNanny
January 26, 2003
Glenbrook Farm is a medium-sized nursery that gives very good, personal service. Their plants are good-sized, wrapped well, and delivered quickly. They specialize in Hostas, plus a small number of companion plants for shady gardens, and a few for sun. I've ordered from them for three years, and have never been disappointed.