The scoop on 'Sundance Supply'

Sundance Supply

PO Box 2066
Ridgway, Colorado 81432 (United States)

Positive Andrew_A
Los Gatos, CA
July 20, 2015
I am a handyman who knows my way around basic construction and tools, not a pro contractor. I am a Home Depot junkie, but HD will cost you more for a decent sized job. The biggest difference other than you pay more at HD retail prices! Is that when you buy from Sundance you can order any length you need. This means fewer seems to leak, faster install, and more pro finished look. I had a flawless experience working with this company. Everything as expected and worked great. They had just what I needed, good pricing, quick response from customer service, timely and affordable shipping, and good tech support. BTW, the crate in my case was 24 feet long and weighed 700 pounds. I easily handled it following the tips on the website and added an idea of my own: some 3" ABS pipes to roll it around and get it positioned for opening. It was a breeze with these two tips. Highly recommend Sundance, will buy again.
Positive tdunn0179
Ledyard, CT
June 2, 2015
I have been planning an attached greenhouse to my barn for years. I reviewed several online sources and ordered from Sundance Supply.
My order was promptly shipped and delivered in excellent condition thanks to their attention to detail and the well designed packaging crate.
The web site has a ton of details for every application, which helped me in the deign of my structure. I'm sure I have avoided expensive mistakes thanks to all the valuable tips.

Negative 62491
Highland, MD
April 28, 2015
I HIGHLY recommend purchasing the polycarbonate panels from Home Depot. Home sells them as "Hurricane Panels" Their panels are UV protected on both sides.

Here is our experience and why I am so very unhappy with Sundance Supply:
In the year 2008 my husband and I purchased 48- 4' x 8' 16mm polycarbonate panels. There is a 10 year warranty against yellowing, which was listed on Sundance Supply's website at the time of purchase. On May 8th 2013 I contacted, by email, Sundance Supply and told Bob Daley, who was our initial contact and owner of the company, that some of the panels I purchased from Sundance Supply turned yellow and the panels are now greatly weakened. I also said that there was a 10 year warranty against yellowing. He asked me to send him pictures of the panels, which I did. Bob responded to me after I sent the pictures he said "Hi Jim & Theresa, Got your photo. I remember the job well. Sadly it is a classic example of some panels facing the correct direction and others not. The panels are marked which side faces the sun, but this can happen. Given that your 4x8's were cut from 48' long sheets (8 full sheets for your job) and that stacks are per run, it's not possible that poor quality material would somehow make it's way in the 48' stack. Also, substandard UV layers went the way of UV spray coatings. The sheet is co-extruded, with a constant thickness UV outer layer, basically fused/melted/bonded with the structured sheet.We could test samples, but 4-5 years is a typical lifespan of polycarbonate without UV, or UV facing down. Looks like a replacement. At this volume you get a 5% discount. I will include an additional 5% and bring the $440 shipping down some, if you choose to go with Sundance. Also, new and better screws to attach the Cap to the Base.Sorry about your situation. With that photo the Lexan tech team would clearly require a sample, to even consider. It's strongly appears to be improper positioning." Basically, Bob was saying we were out of luck and on our own. When initial ordering from Sundance Supply, Bob was very specific about the installation, but this one side UV protection was not mentioned. This phone call, where the installation was discussed, was on a speaker phone, so all involved were able to listen to the instruction. There was nothing indicating that one side should be placed down and the other up. He also said installation instructions came with the package, which there was none. On their website, there was no notice listed that only 1 side of the panel was UV protected. During our last conversation, Bob did state that now Lexan is coating the polycarbonate on both sides. It appears this is because we are not the only purchasers with this problem. It happened enough where the manufacture decided it was warranted to coat both sides, which should have been done initially and what a customer would customarily expect. This obviously was a way for the company to cut costs at a very, very great cost to consumers. VERY BIG BUMMER!!!

We filed a complaint with the FTC and their local Better Business Bureau.

We purchased our replacement panels from Home The exact same panels, except UV protected on both sides, are called Hurricane panels.

Company representative comment on May 17, 2015:
My name is Bob Daley. I own Sundance Supply, llc and have been in the glazing and construction business since 1971. 23 years selling polycarbonate.

The Facts - Confirm with Lexan Multi-Wall Polycarbonate Tech Support 800-323-3783

- UV protection (on both sides of the sheet) came to the polycarbonate industry around 2010 to 2012. Currently some sheets have UV protection on both sides and some have anti-condensate on one side. Prior to that time, and to This Day, every sheet has instructions as to which side faces the sun.

- Due to customers effectively placing some sheets the wrong way (basically ignoring instructions) most polycarbonate mfgs. have the dual UV option on most sheets.

- One may buy from big box stores, but tech assistance is often non existent. Simply check out the Sundance Supply photo gallery to see high profile, high quality installations. Photos from happy customers - no complaints.

- The warranty, as well as the sheet itself, states one side UV and simply follow instructions.

- The job in question (above) in the minds of the importer and the mfg. is a textbook example of the sheet instructions being ignored.

- All sheets are cut from 48í long stock sheets. It is not possible to have some good and some substandard. Also ALL sheets have instructions as to which side to face the sun - confirm with the mfg 800-323-3783.

- I regret that some customers do not follow instructions. That is the Big Bummer for everyone involved.

- To continue to blame me, without even confirming the True Facts with the manufacturer, is very harsh and painful for me, as I constantly give my customers exceptional service and treat them with respect. Acts of kindness are the true test of a personís character. I extend this behavior (as best possible) to all my customers, as in life this is the one thing of greatest importance

I encourage all readers to contact the Better Business Bureau in my region - call them at (505) 346-0110. Since 1999 only one complaint, and the complaint is not based in reality, in my opinion and that of the importer and mfg. Sundance Supply has been in business 20 years - only one complaint with the BBB.

Thank you for your time to consider the truth of this issue.
Positive cdwitte
Waverly, NE
April 15, 2007
This last month I ordered some polycarbonate from thier website. Overall it has worked out pretty well.
The good...
The poly arrived in acceptable shape with little to no damage.
The crating job was above average.
I spoke to only one person by email and he was polite and helpful.
The problems....
Thier web sit needs full a redesign.
No input into shipping.
They chose to ship Roadway, who in my expierence is heavy and slow. (Although the driver who actually came here was polite and nice)
The other....
The posted lead time is as prepared to ship. I was at 7 buisness days (OK I think for custom crating). It ended up taking 11 buiness days to arrive.

If I need more poly I would certainly consider them, but I'd try to get more input into shippers.