The scoop on 'PDSI-Plants by Mail'

PDSI-Plants by Mail

17325 County Road 68
Loxley, Alabama 36551 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-922-7374

Comments:

Positive rinomanfroni
Arlington, TX (Zone 8a)
October 12, 2011
I feel much better when I see an online nursery that has very few comments on DavesGarden. Since people usually write comments when they are dissatisfied, I assume they are doing a good job.

I ordered the following plants on on October 9, 2011:

Mountain Snow™ Pieris SL14 1 $26.95
Encore® Azalea Autumn Amethyst™ EA01 1 $31.95
Encore® Azalea Autumn Bravo™ EA04 1 $31.95
Encore® Azalea Autumn Twist™ EA25 1 $31.95
Endless Summer® Hydrangea The Original PP#15298
ES01 1 $31.95
Jubilation™ Gardenia SL08 1 $26.95

I can't wait to see them!
Positive LeslieT
Bellaire, TX
May 4, 2009
I recently ordered a 'Purple Pixie' Loropetalum from them which was shipped promptly (much faster than Wayside Gardens) in a well-protected carton. They sent emails advising me of when the product shipped as well as providing a tracking code. The one-gallon plant was much larger than those shipped by most nurseries. The plant was in excellent condition. I would order from them again in a heartbeat.
Leslie
Positive EPHG
Milltown, NJ (Zone 6a)
June 12, 2005
I agree that they do not respond in a timely manner. I sent two emails and they never responded. I called twice and they did respond. The azaleas were late because of the weather. OK, then they sent me an email a week before they were to be sent saying my order was in the computer but the paper was in the cancel file. Which was correct. I told them to send the plants. They came a week later and they were in great shape and packaged wonderfully. I had to buy another so I emailed the order. A week later they sent me an email with a week ETA and tracking number. A week later I got the plant again in great condition. I can only get the encore azalea through them since no one sells them near me. I give them a negative on responce and a positive on the plants. Since the condition of the plants out weigh the service I give them a positive. I would only use them to get the encore azalea.
Neutral 75751
Fort Mill, SC (Zone 7b)
April 15, 2005
I will give this company a negative based on no response to two e-mails. I just would like to know when to expect my order. I placed an order 3-14-05 for 4 azaleas. The company has not charged my order on my bank card, so that is a relief. I wonder if and when to expect my order to arrive.

On May 20th, 2005, 75751 added the following:

I finally received this order today of 4 Encore Azaleas. The azaleas appear in ok health and the packaging was good. The company blamed the weather for the long delay. I am still not happy that it took so long to get these azaleas. I could have gotten some of the varieties that I chose at a local nursery. I doubt that I will order from them again.

C&NN
On June 3rd, 2005, 75751 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

My Encore Azaleas are thriving wonderfully. This company needs to have better communication with the customer.
Negative sblackwell
August 1, 1999
The first week of March I ordered two shalimar red bignonia capreolata from them online. I never received the plants, nor did I receive any response from them regarding the status of my order, despite one phone call to them and two e-mails. Today my husband called them again and was told that they are basically a "wholesaler" and although they hoped to have plants available to sell, that did not turn out to be the case. No reason was given for failing to let us know the situation. Their website gives no indication that this is a wholesale company. I now have a two months delay getting vines started on my pergola.