The scoop on 'ARBICO Organics'

ARBICO Organics

Tucson, Arizona 85738-0910 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-827-2847
Fax: (520) 825-2038

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Neutral harlekin
ARIVACA, AZ
June 30, 2012
Posted on September 8, 2011, updated June 30, 2012
I received two orders of green lacewing larvae two weeks apart...about $40 for a total of 2000. I released them as specified into a sealed screened growhouse 10' x25'. Nothing happened. That is, I was not at all clear there was any decrease in the aphid population, but I am absolutely sure if the lacewings had matured I would have seen at least one! I saw none. After waiting two months for them to mature I called the company. The woman at Arabico said I couldn't see them...that is adult green lacewings are too small to see...which is, of course, false. Her "solution" to my problem was that I buy more. Absurd! Its a scam!
On June 30th, 2012, harlekin changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I made my negative comments in the summer of '11. Around Christmas of '11, I got a call from an owner of the Arbico who wanted to 'make it right' and said she wanted to keep in touch throughout the year. She sent way more than the replacement of $40 of dud green lacewings: organic micronutrients, nematodes, more lacewings, organic fertilizer, etc. She did not include her contact number and I haven't heard from her since...but that's okay. I tried the lacewings again this summer of '12 and I have seen both a decrease in my pest population and a few adult lacewings. Arbico is sending the lacewing larvae out in more sophisticated cool packs and that may account for the difference in results.
Negative Ponstap
Tucson, AZ
December 1, 2011
horrible company! The prices are a rip off. The owner himself is cheap and will do anything to make a quick buck in my opinion. I took a tour of the production plant place IS NOT up to code at all it's a big safety hazard poor working environment for the workers there I will not support the company anymore till they show true ownership and take care of they're employees. If u have not taken a tour of the production plant please do so, so u can see how filthy and unsafe it is.
Positive docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA (Zone 5a)
October 13, 2009
I have used Arbico-Organics for many years. Specifically The Bug Lady with a very nice real lady (Sheri) behind the image introduced me to the use of Nematodes and Milky Spore powder to control numerous grubs in my Giant Pumpkin Patch. It worked! Then there were the fungus knats. Sheri suggested Thuricide a BT product which worked very well.

I could go on and on because I use a dozen or more of their products. Some could be purchased elsewhere. I however wish to support a serious organic principled product company.

Dr. Buglady is special. Consult when you have a real problem. Dr.Buglady (Sheri) will get right into your problem and needs.

This company is one of the finest I have come to know dealing seriously and nearly 100% in organic products.

Dwaine Gipe (docgipe)
Positive stormyla
Norristown, PA (Zone 6b)
October 12, 2009
Last year I started ordering organic soil amendments, fertilizers and beneficial insects from Arbico. I can't say enough good about the products and services from this company.

This year, the ladybugs kept my roses completely aphid and thrip free. Their series of periodic mailing of lacewings is very convenient.

I tried their compost tea bags this year and was quite pleased. Recently, I discovered that the prices on their kelp and fish fertilizers are better than most competitors.

This is a great place to find some uncommon quality organic products. Shipping costs are reasonable and products arrive very quickly.
Positive LostMeadow
(Zone 4b)
July 23, 2008
I phoned in an order for 10 rolls of bird scare tape to string in our blueberry patch. The lady who took my order was very nice and helpful. The box came much faster than expected, and their price was the best I could find for this item. I'll order from ARBICO again.
Positive hostamomma
Dundee, IL
January 26, 2007
I ordered the Maxicrop liquid and powdered seaweed formula after seeing it praised by Paul James. The box arrived quickly but when opened, the liquid (which was in a separate bag) bottle was damaged and about 1/3 leaked out into the bag.

Contacted Kim in customer service who promptly shipped me a replacement bottle at no cost. She did aske if the original box appeared to be damaged (which it did not) but did not give me any problems.

If the produce performs as well as their customer service dept I will be ordering from them again!
Positive wddr
Hot Springs, VA
July 22, 2006
I was checking on my order and then asked about blister beetles and especially click beetles which affect my potato crop. I was connected with Arbico's head entomologist and received very helpful information I can now use to formulate a plan for treatment.
Positive duckmother
North Little Rock, AR (Zone 7b)
July 9, 2005
I purchased red worms for my pet duck. The people were very polite. A cool pack box arrived with the worms in a canvas type bag with an excellant medium. There was many more worms than I had ordered. My duck and I are very pleased with this company.
Positive oreofur
Dennehotso, AZ
May 10, 2005
I called ARBICO Organics in the hopes to find a solution to my fly problem (I have horses) and my problem with grubs in my lawn (which used to be beautiful).

Not only did ARBICO solve my fly problem with their fly parasites, but they also have great trap for the adult flies from my neighbors!!! It is a solar trap and I highly recommend it to anyone who has flies! They were very nice on the phone and they knew exactly what I needed....

I will have to say that I tried to call Spalding Labs once before, but they were not as nice and they told me all sorts of excuses as to why they couldn't offer me as many parasites as ARBICO. And, they don't even offer a trap.

For my grubs, I ordered the beneficial nemotodes and they worked great!!! I am so pleased, I can't recommend Arbico enough! Now, my lawn is green and beautiful, and no grubs this season!

This company is highly recommended!!!!!