The scoop on 'Butterfly Encounters'

Butterfly Encounters

7642 Tuscany Drive
Dublin, California 94568 (United States)

Comments:

Negative Duane1
Glendale, AZ
February 26, 2014
Posted on February 26, 2014, updated February 26, 2014
It took over three weeks for the seeds to be delivered. I ordered four packets. They were out of two varieties so they refunded the price of the seeds. The shipping charge remained the same so the price per packet went up almost $1.25. They made no attempt to contact me about a substitution.
On February 26th, 2014, Duane1 added the following:

They are out of business as of 2/20/2014.
Positive Helios
Louisville, KY
January 24, 2007
Seeds were well packed with good instructions for stratification and growing. Good communication as well- I received confirmation of my order and a shipping date, and the seeds arrived on time. Well done.
Positive wcgypsy
Fallbrook, CA (Zone 10b)
October 20, 2006
Ditto to the above...seeds arrived promptly, well packed..the only thing that would be better is if one could receive an order confirmation.
Sherry
Positive skatayama
Keyport, NJ (Zone 7a)
March 14, 2005
Butterfly Encounters sells different species of Asclepias through their website. Their prices are reasonable and they do let you know how many seeds per packet as it varies by species and rarity?. The western species seemed well represented.
This was my first order with them. I received the 5 packets promptly. They were well packed and cushioned which is a big plus because Asclepias seeds could easily break given their size and shape. Another big plus for me is their acceptance of Paypal payments.
I can't wait to see how these species perform here in NJ.

Skatayama