The scoop on 'VidaVerde Seed Collection'

VidaVerde Seed Collection

14 Southdown Avenue
Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1EL
(United Kingdom)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Company Comment, posted on October 15, 2002:
The VidaVerde Seed Collection is a private collection of rare & heirloom vegetables chosen particularly for the home grower. Each year a selection of interesting varieties from the Collection is made available in their Catalogue.

Comments:

Positive Agrinerd
Franklin, NC (Zone 6b)
January 30, 2007
I have nothing but praises as well. I ordered from them in 2002 and the seed quanitities were small, but for the price and rarity, I had no complaints. They were also very helpful when questioned by email. Unfortunately, their postal system lost quite a few orders to outside of Europe, so as their web site states,

"We're really sorry but we've had so much trouble shipping outside Europe we no longer do this."

Fortunately, I was able to enjoy their services before they had to discontinue sending to us Yanks.
Positive Amphibian
Royal Tunbridge Wells
United Kingdom
March 28, 2006
I cannot say enough good things about this comapny, excellent catalogue and top quality seeds.
Positive tommy_holland
Groningen
Netherlands
May 13, 2005
I ordered some rare hot pepper seeds; They have some very speciual ones.
I put the money in an envelop ( I don`t have a credit card; I`m an artist)... and soon my seeds arrived.
The peppers are doing very well and I will order more seeds next year.

Tom
The Netherlands
Positive Baa
October 20, 2004
I placed an order last Autumn and was delighted to receive a personal email followed later by my order, the amount in the packets was more than I expected with some good instructions. I will be making another order for next season.

A very good company with an unusual list of vegetable seeds, I highly recommend them.
Positive autremike
Ludlow, MA (Zone 5b)
February 1, 2003
A socially minded company working hard to maintain an organic lifestyle. I received my seeds after only 2 weeks - not bad for mail that crosses the Atlantic. This company has found a way to exist despite European Union restrictions on non-registered varieties. From what I gather, if the European Union policies were adopted in the US, catalogs would be unable to offer Heirlooms!

I found them to be the only place I could find some rare and hard to find seeds. For those who read "How to Breed Your Own Vegetables" by Carol Deppe, this company offers the Popbeans that she refers to. They also have some European varieties and others from around the world. Their website is a good read, even if you do not plan to order from them.

Seeds were packaged in an air bubble pack envelope and arrived in good condition.