The scoop on 'Brushy Mountain Bee Farm'

Brushy Mountain Bee Farm

610 Bethany Church Road
Moravian Falls, North Carolina 28654 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-233-7929

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Comments:

Positive ess
Naperville, IL
May 21, 2014
I have found Brushy Mountain to be very helpful and answered my questions fully. I am a new beekeeper and some of the info they gave me was a big help. Also twice I made an error in my order(I'm not usually so clumsy) and both times I was given a heads up and the opportunity to correct it BEFORE it was shipped, saving me all sorts of headaches. They have earned my repeat business!!
Negative sjulier
Hamden, CT
April 9, 2014
Phone service is not friendly. I have received one order delivered to a Fall meeting that was incorrect. I did not open it on the spot and check contents. My mistake. No email confirmation was sent on this order either.

I picked up over $800 worth of equipment and was running a little late. The PA would not wait past 5 pm and seemed put out that I would hold them up.

I wish the service matched the quality of the product which is high.
Neutral yardener
Greenfield, OH (Zone 6a)
September 28, 2012
Good quality products; slightly pricey but not bad; phone service is a little unfriendly, especially to the newbees. Sorry Brushy if new beekeepers have problems with proper nomenclature.
Negative freeindeed
San Jose, CA
May 26, 2011
I placed my first order with them 2 weeks ago. Before paying there was an option to have the items that are backordered later or wait for the whole order to be completed for shipping. To me backordered means a week or more so i clicked on it. According to my order i payed $77 for shipping.
Our first hive and was exciting. There was never any communication about my order or backordered items. I only received by e-mail in 2 days confirmation of two boxes being shipped. Then a day later another box being shipped. I found out later that the last box was the backordered item which was only backordered 1 day. I was fine with it until they billed my visa additional $35 for shipping that box. I called and asked as to why that was and the receptionist told me because i had agree to ship backordered items later. My argument was, simple use common sense if the item was only a day backordered then why not wait an additional day to ship the complete order since I already payed for the whole shipping cost. And if you were to send my backorder item why did you take all my shipping cost of $77 for half the order. Then charge me another $35 for the second box. If my shipping cost was based on the pounds that were in my original order. To me this is called theft and not dealing with a just epha. Businesses always take part of the shipping cost that was paid and use the rest for the backordered items. Otherwise, they should have given me a refund of the partial shipping and charge later for the other shipping cost.
The receptionist simply showed no interest of what i thought and careless if i purchase from them again.
I went ahead and send them and message through their website, it has been a week and no-one has responded yet. I will not do business with them again nor will recommend to any one. Never have dealt with a business of this type before.
Positive tomfrisch
Matthews, NC (Zone 7a)
May 7, 2006
Very good products, I have purchased 4 hives and woodenware from them. Shipping is good. Their catalog is very good and informative.