The scoop on 'Jon's Heirloom Plants'

Jon's Heirloom Plants

Melbourne, Arkansas 72556 (United States)

Comments:

Neutral riverphan
melbourne
United States
January 4, 2011
Where did this site go? The link is definitely dead! Too bad, huh!
Neutral treehugggr
New Port Richey, FL (Zone 9b)
January 22, 2010
Website is gone. Link is dead, apparently.
Negative GrowingGardener
June 12, 2003
I placed an order in late April, 2003. Most of the plants arrived UPSIDE DOWN, with many dead (the stems broken off) and the rest in EXTREMELY POOR condition (branches broken, all the leaves were yellow).

Even if there wasn't a problem with packaging, I would've been dissatisfied: There was a mix-up with what I ordered - almost half of the order was missing AND I received plants I didn't order! The worst was that the plants came infested with tons of APHIDS, SLUGS, a SNAIL and other pests that were destroying the plants!

After I complained about the dead plants, they resolved the matter by sending the right order - with half the plants upside down AGAIN (with a few completely dead plants with the stems broken & they came with pests)! I had to complain once more & they said they would refund the dead plants. Instead of a refund, however, they sent a few plants --right-side up-- to replace the dead ones. And, as always, they arrived with pests (slugs, aphids, etc. which were feasting on the leaves).

After THREE times, they didn't get my order right, I will not be ordering from them again. Beware!

P.S. Please don't be discouraged with this - there are a lot of EXCELLENT, PROFESSIONAL heirloom companies.
Positive BakerCreekSeed
Mansfield, MO (Zone 6b)
February 10, 2002
Superb Quality Plants, Will ship, Jon list's a nice assortment of heirloom tomatoes, peppers and eggplant plants,
They did very well in our gardens. would highly recomend!