The scoop on 'Magic Garden'

Magic Garden

358 Benjamin Hill Road
Newfield, New York 14867 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Comments:

Positive barbnrus
Milwaukee, WI
May 31, 2007
This is the third year in a row that I've ordered from them, and this year they even sent free "thank you" plants. Everything I get is packed well. The plants are small, but so is the price, and you can afford to try a number of different annuals that you might not find in your local shops.

Last year they had a plant that had not performed for them, and they called me at home to let me know and asked what I would like instead. Very helpful.
Positive Ispahan
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
May 29, 2007
I have now received two separate orders from this company and have just placed a third. Everything I have received from them has been healthy and very well packed with robust root systems and healthy green leaves. I have also found the owners to be helpful and communicative and responsive to e-mails. I will definitely order from them again in the future. A great source of hard-to-find annuals at reasonable prices!
Positive astrofeng
Newfield, NY
May 15, 2006
The Magic Garden is 2 miles away from me. Lucky me because now I have a healing perennial herb garden around my home that will be there as long as the sun shines, annual flowers & vines that blow me away and sometimes re-seed. Small cost-huge results. I found many treasures there including the owners, Fritz & Siri-a VERY hard-working, caring couple who facilitate the Magic.
Positive leslie5
Ithaca, NY
May 6, 2006
I have a booth next to the Magic Garden at the Ithaca Farmers Market. I know them to be caring, honest people who grow their own stock, and spend endless hours caring for their plants. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and trustworthy, and have a large, carefully chosen selection of healthy plants.
Negative good2beaok
Washington, DC
May 5, 2006
Can't judge their plants because I never got them. They kept stringing me along week by week until I finally cancelled. Once you place an order you never hear from them until you contact them. No one answers their phone; you can only leave a message or use e-mail.

Too bad. They have a good selection of plants - but not enough pictures. I have the feeling they are distributors and not growers.
Positive gabagoo
Yonkers, NY (Zone 5b)
May 21, 2004
Excellent packaging. The 7 plants arrived in excellent condition. The plants are very healthy and a good size.
I will definately be a repeat customer!
Positive BruMeta
Livingston Manor, NY
May 20, 2004
Beautiful, good-sized healthy plants with well establish root systems at prices that are most fair. Friendly and easy to do business with, this small nursery should be added to the lists of resources of all NE gardeners. Unique combination-offerings and a good source for some hard-to-find genera and/or species.

The care and pride that a nursery takes in its stock, operations and service is evidenced by how they package their shipments. As the previous reviewer said regarding same: excellent. I look forward to doing business with them again.
Positive phloxy_lady
West Portsmouth, OH (Zone 6a)
June 3, 2002
This is the first time I have ordered from The Magic Garden. I received my order, last week. Excellent packaging, very healthy, robust plants. They even added a 6-pack of, annual Dianthus! The prices are very reasonable, also.