The scoop on 'LandPlanFran.com'

LandPlanFran.com

15330 Beechwood Rd.
Findlay, Ohio 45840 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-830-1266
Fax: 1-800-830-1266

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark Recently, we have received reports that the telephone number is disconnected and emails are not responded to. If anyone has a status update for LandPlanFran.com, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

Company Comment, posted on February 6, 2002:
Landplanfran is small enough for personal contact and large enough for great pricing (over 700 positive feedbacks on eBay). Now you don't have to wait a week for an auction to close, you can buy on my easy to navigate web site. Thanks for stopping by.-Fran

Comments:

Negative GrnThmbRookie
Hartford, WI
July 16, 2004
Negative does not even BEGIN to describe the nightmare of dealing with these people. She should be arrested for fraud!!! Last summer, I ordered over $100 of hostas and astilbes including some hard-to-find hosta cultivars. I was impressed by the website. Plants never came, phone calls never returned. All I got was an answering machine on which I left several messages. In the end, I called my bank and told them what happened and they credited back my account for the total cost. They were going to go after her bank for the money, and I hope they did. This woman deserves to be blackballed from selling on the internet!!!

I ended up buying my hostas and astilbes locally, and later in the season than I wanted to, and they did not do as well as I had hoped, since they got planted late. Thanks "Land-Scam-Fran"!!!
Negative the4hawk
April 14, 2004
I ordered a number of hostas - impressed by the quick website response and not mindful that my credit card was also quickly charged. They never came. I tried numerous times reaching LandPlanFran by both phone and e-mail. Phone calls rang to an answering machine without call back. E-mails were returned as undeliverable. I tried on-and-off for over a year for some response without success.
Negative Kmrsy
Fort Wayne, IN (Zone 5a)
February 5, 2004
I emailed Fran re sending a check w/an order instead of CC and she wrote back a very friendly message. So I felt comfortable sending in the order in February 2003. We never received the plants and the check was never cashed. Repeated emails and phone calls were never answered. I checked BBB in Findlay, no record. So I figured she had fallen into some financial distress and had quit. But the website is still there and appears to be updated since. This was a very frustrating experience as in May I had to scramble to find someone else to supply those cultivars.
Negative RichmondRes
May 8, 2003
In February I submitted an order for some perennials, enticed by a great web site, free shipping for orders over $50, and availability of a plant I had had a hard time finding. They immediately confirmed, and I have heard nothing since. Repeated attempts by phone and e-mail do not go through. I now am in the process of going back in my records to see if I was charged. Much time & effort wasted!
Negative ewaters
March 7, 2003
If there was a catagory worst than negative I would select that one. I bought some grasses on Jan 25th from the online site and my Visa was billed the next day in spite of the fact that the website states that credit cards will not be billed until ship date. March 3rd I still hadn't received any grasses. I sent two emails and called them. The first email was an inquiry and the second email was to cancel the order as was the telephone call.They never responded to the emails or returned my call. I then called my credit card to have them back out the charge for something I never received. I lost a couple of hours time and needless aggravation fooling around with this worthless company.
Neutral flower_fairy
North Reading, MA
September 11, 2002
My daylily came quickly, was well packed and healthy. But Fran goes on and on about the robust size of her plants- mine was tee-tiny, for $32. Definitely I've never received such a small plant. I emailed her, told her that, also told her I wanted the variety, couldn't find it elsewhere, would just take my lumps, and was unhappy. Thought she'd respond in some way- nothing.
Positive ruby42
Cape May Court House, NJ (Zone 7a)
February 6, 2002
I have won ton's of plants from LandPlanFran off EBay. Great service and fantastic plant's! I will most definitly be ordering again and again!!!!!!