The scoop on 'La Pivoinerie D'Aoust'

La Pivoinerie D'Aoust

Box 220
Hudson Heights, Quebec J0P 1J0 (Canada)

Comments:

Positive ycn4chin
Dickson, TN
September 19, 2011
I ordered some harder to find varieties, and recieved my order last week. The divisions were very large, and fresh. The packaging was superb. Lindsay also included an extra variety that will go well with the others. Make sure you order early, as they sell out of most of the peonies offered. I would recommend this nursery.
Positive crazy_gardener
Wainwright, AB (Zone 2b)
October 7, 2008
I read all the views here and ask for comments at another forum before I placed an order with this company and let me tell yah, I’m very pleased that I ordered from this peony grower. I ordered early and received my order at the proper planting time, four healthy huge roots! I too was gifted with a nice bonus peony. I will be for sure placing another order with them again next year.

Their goals are simple, they work to provide:
- Top quality plant material;
- a wide and changing selection to choose from;
- excellent customer service.

All three goals were met in my first time experience with this company.
Positive apriltock
Montreal
September 17, 2008
I just received my order.After reading the previous comments, I was expecting to be satisfied, but SERIOUSLY! One of the roots had 13 eyes on it!! The other had 8. And, I was sent a bonus root for free.
I am looking forward to the spring and the blooms that are surely coming my way.
Lindsay D'Aoust has another satisfied customer-one that plans to re-order next year!!
Positive WhiteGoldWielder
Doylestown, PA
June 3, 2008
I have ordered from Lidsay D'Aoust's wonderful nursery for several years now ... and each time have been absolutely thrilled by the quality of the roots, the packaging, and the service. She handles the phytosanitary certificate required for U.S. importation for a very reasonable fee ... and has a great website ... and is marvelous at responding to emails personally. I can't say enough good things about the nursery ... or the person!
Positive francoiseb
Montreal, Qc
December 29, 2007
I ordered 4 peonies in the spring of 2006, they were delivered as scheduled in September, with perfect instructions and... one extra peony, in a color matching the others! They all bloomed beautifully the next spring, and I know they will keep getting bigger and more beautiful with time. I could not be more pleased with the flowers and the very friendly service of Pivoinerie D'Aoust.
Positive peony61
Kolkwitz
Germany
October 13, 2007
No plants purchased yet, but always good service if you have questions.
Positive grenouille
montreal
Canada (Zone 5a)
September 14, 2006
I just can't say enough good about La Pivoinerie D'Aoust. They are the benchmark against which I measure others. The roots are always huge and healthy.
On June 3rd, 2008, grenouille added the following:

Les 5 pivoines achetées en 2007 vont fleurir dans quelques jours. The best place to buy peonies is always the Pivoinerie Daoust
Positive uroboros
Montreal, QC (Zone 5b)
September 12, 2006
I just received my peony order. The roots were COLOSSAL! I'll be shocked if they don't bloom next spring. I ordered quite a few peonies, and, much to my surprise, 2 bonus peonies were included. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I am a big fan of single peonies, and the bonus plants were singles, too! For the price, it was a bargain.
Positive Kelly_M
Fredericton
July 12, 2005
I bought Garden Treasure last fall. It arrived on time, large, healthy and well packed. This year, in its very first season after planting, it bloomed true to name with 5 blossoms. I couldn't be more satisfied.
Positive GardenKonig
Bronx, NY (Zone 7a)
April 7, 2005
In the summer of 2004 I first contacted La Pivoinerie D'Aoust via e-mail seeking advice regarding a bare-root peony I purchased from a local garden center in spring (I know now not to plant them in spring). As it was growing, I realized that I planted it upside down by mistake.

Lindsay was very helpful and told me how and when to correct the problem.

Not long after that, I ordered two peonies. In early September, they arrived in excellent condition with detailed instructions and a surprise!

My experience with La Pivoinerie D'Aoust was fantastic! Lindsay is very pleasant, knowledgeable, and willing to answer questions even if--as in my case--they do not directly apply to her products.

I strongly recommened La Pivoinerie D'Aoust for anyone interested in peonies for themselves and as gifts!
Positive chinookgarden
HIGH RIVER
February 19, 2005
Lindsay is absolutely the best!!! She is so helpful by phone or email whether its her product you're inquiring about or not. Her website is TOOOO Tempting and has some of the best descriptive info of any of the sites I've searched so far.
I've ordered 2 years in a row now. The divisions are always top quality with lots of eyes, well packed and shipped in good time for my shorter growing season in alberta.
I have no problem recommending her to anyone. She strives to please her customers to the max!!!
Thanks Lindsay for all the great divisions and advice.TEX
Positive gallerygarden
New Franken, WI
October 29, 2004
I ordered 6 peonies from Pivoinerie D'Aoust this summer. Three were ordered online, three I added later over the phone with no problem. Lindsay was fun to talk to, enthusiastic, and very helpful. Seven great big peonies (one extra!) arrived exactly when she said they would. I hope to report on them this spring when they leaf out. I have already recommended Pivoinerie D'Aoust to a neighbor, and I'm very anxious to see the 2005 online catalogue! The website is both beautiful and valuable cultural resource.
Positive Lynnette
Courtenay
August 16, 2003
Excellent peony nursery. Have ordered for three years and each time the plants were large with at least 6 eyes. One time I received an extra plant as they felt the one I had ordered was too small and it had 4 eyes on it. Will order again.
Positive Moscow
July 7, 2003
I ordered from this company for the first time in 2002. The peonies arrived in good shape in the fall, and all three flowered (4-5 blooms per plant)this spring. Needless to say I've already placed another order from the far too tempting collection offered.
Positive broots
Cochrane, ON (Zone 2b)
October 1, 2002
Placed my first order in the fall of 2000 & the following summer I had 4 blooms & this year I had 9. Will definitely be placing another order. They have a nice selection too.
Positive cyclamen
near Vancouver, BC (Zone 7a)
September 29, 2002
Very happy with the quality of the roots, the packing, and the service of this nursery. No problems and seemed very professional for a young business. Hope to order again
On May 5th, 2004, cyclamen added the following:

Ordered again in 2003 and received large, excellent roots again in September, which are doing great. A pleasure.
Positive Marymyra
Charlottetown, PE (Zone 5a)
March 13, 2002
I placed a first time order with this company last year. The peonies arrived in plenty of time for fall planting and were very healthy looking roots. Will update later on how they grow.
On October 3rd, 2002, Marymyra added the following:

Had blooms on all plants but one the first year and ordered more for planting this fall. Very satisfied customer.