The scoop on 'PlantFIELDS (Piedmont Plant Company)'

PlantFIELDS (Piedmont Plant Company)

Albany, Georgia 31702
(United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Closed August 2003

Per a note from the owners, PlantFIELDS/Piedmont Plant is closing.

Company Comment, posted on August 6, 2003:

Comments:

Positive pp2
March 13, 2004
We have ordered plants from the Piedmont Plant Company for the past several years and have always been extremely satisfied. We have been waiting for our catalog for many weeks and became anxious as we usually receive it by the first of the year. We have always had excellent results from the plants sent to us. I can taste the broccoli, savoy cabbage, brussell sprouts, and sweet potatoes as I type. We are just devastated that we will no longer experience their wonderful "Walla Walla" onions again. We have tasted other "Walla Walla" onions but they do not have the crispness or juiciness of those from Piedmont Plant Company.

Francis and Carol Prete
Geneva, New York
On March 13th, 2004, pp2 added the following:

Positive jillw1
Brooklyn, NY
February 15, 2004
I am so sorry to hear of the closing of Piedmont
I never had a problem due to the fact that the company always was responsive in replacing wilted plants. Most of the time the plants came back after the stress of shipping. The plants were of high quality and the company was gracious and service was always right at the top. A big loss for the garden growers of america.

JW
FloydBennettGardensAssociation
brooklyn ny
Neutral RT54
Waverly, NY (Zone 5a)
May 31, 2003
In early May 2003 I ordered several "bundles"of plants from this company, my first time. I ordered on-line, which was extreamlly easy. They did ship on the date requested, a nice feature! order, shipping conformation via e-mail was a good feature. Plants did arrive 3 days sfter shipping notice. What prompted me writeing this was the two previous comments about this company. I was some what shocked by the condition of the plants, severly wilted,som yellowing,and loss of leaves. However upon reading the enclosed packing slip it had a NOTICE at the bottom ststeing the poor condition of the plants was normal,and that they were strong field grown stock and the would perk up in a week or so after planting. Well we'll see.
One mor thing one call to their 800 number did bring get a responce right away!
Positive IlleneT
Chicago, IL (Zone 5a)
May 19, 2002
Beautiful plants, delivered on my requested ship date, very reasonably priced.Customer service is quick and responsive. I plan to order again.
Positive wlrose1010
February 24, 2002
If you are looking for a company that ships live plants that arrive live and in good shape this is the one! I have never had a plant that arrived in bad shape or did not grow. Great selection of live vegetable plants (especially tomatoes).
Positive davidschumacher
February 1, 2000
I have been buying Piedmont Plants in excess of 10 years now. On the average between 1000-2000 tomato plants alone! You can't beat the prices or the quality of their plant products and service. With as many plants as I buy, any problems that I have had although minor, I was courteously and promptly taken care of. They guarantee their plants grow and as bad as they sometimes look from the trip, they surpass the few local market plants that we sometimes purchase for a select variety. I am constantly telling people about Piedmont.
Positive karinstroscheim
January 1, 2000
I LOVE the Piedmont Plant Company for vegetable plants. Piedmont offers "field grown vegetable plants". They have a limited selection and the bare-root plants arrive looking a little scary, but they end up way out-performing anything from the local nursery (I don't have the room to propagate seeds). The plants are vigorous, resilient, and high-yield. The prices are great too. I don't have the room to grow all the plants, and give my extras away, but I'm still better off than buying plants elsewhere. When I plan my vegetable garden, I start with the Piedmont catalog, and order everything I'm interested in from them, if they have it.
Positive DeborahHautau
May 1, 1999
This company sells vegetable and garden plants in bulk quantities. I ordered a special dwarf broccoli and Swiss Chard bright from them last year and they produced beautifully. I ordered from them again this year. For people with medium to large gardens, this is a nice catalogue to consider.