The scoop on 'Seedhunt'

Seedhunt

Freedom, California 95019-0096 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive DaveH
San Francisco, CA (Zone 10a)
April 11, 2012
Posted on December 20, 2011, updated April 11, 2012
Seedhunt was the only source I found for Cannomois grandis, a hard to find and difficult to germinate seed. It may be months before I know how well it germinates, so I can't comment yet on the quality of the seed. Service was very fast, prices are good, and they have some unusual selections. The seeds also came with detailed instructions and a packet of the "instant smoke" required for germination.
On April 11th, 2012, DaveH added the following:

Well, 4 months later I am pleased as can be. 10% germination is typical, but of the 75 seeds I planted, I now have 22 seedlings, which is 30%!
Positive ColinDavis
Davis, CA
November 11, 2010
I have had a wonderful experience with Seedhunt and Ginny. She was fast to respond, very helpful and polite. Seed arrived very quickly and was of very high quality, and had excellent germination. One of the best seed/plant exchange experiences I have had. I highly recommend seedhunt.com.

Colin
Positive Pixydish
Lakewood, WA (Zone 8a)
February 10, 2009
I ordered an extensive list of seeds both last year and this year and was very happy with the service, the seeds, and the packaging/mailing. I look forward to their list every year now.
Positive tucsonjill
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5a)
November 11, 2007
A great experience. Ginny was easy and pleasant to work with, quantities were generous, packaging was great. I'm looking forward to growing my new seeds!
Positive Audrey
Hadley, PA (Zone 5a)
March 2, 2007
I was impressed with Seedhunt's selection of unusual seeds, prompt shipping, and generous amounts. Highly recommended.
Positive Windy
Belleville , IL (Zone 6b)
March 3, 2006
The Grow why and Where comment about the climate for growing these seeds did not put me off!
I found a lot of rare seeds and new varieties that I just have to try. The quantity of seeds per packet is generous and will leave room for experimenting with the germination.
If they won't grow here, I have been warned. But what gardener won't try something new for fun.We get a lot of drought summers here and it sounds like these will work out.
I ordered by mail, and the order was promptly filled. The seeds were sent in a protective bubble envelope also.
Check it out.
Positive jessmerritt
(Zone 7b)
January 19, 2006
Ginny is great to deal with. She's been helpful with my order and wrote a personal note when an item was out of stock. The seeds have come promptly, in generous amounts. I'm just now starting them, so I'll update on germination rate later.
Positive hillfarm
Quesnel, BC (Zone 4a)
October 24, 2005
I ordered from Seedhunt for the first time in 2004.

The seed quantities were generous & the germination 100%.

Great selection of some very unusual/hard-to-find varieties. I missed ordering anything in spring 2005 because of a chaotic spring but I'm going to the website right now to sneak-preview a 2006 order.

Definitely worth a look - even if you garden in far-from-Californian climates!
Positive rosewomann
Potomac, MD (Zone 7a)
December 13, 2004
Truly incredible company. Great variety of Salvias & other unusual seeds. The seeds were more plentiful than listed and came very quickly. Ginny was also friendly and helpful by email . I wouldn't hesitate to order from her again.
Positive babayaga29
March 1, 2003
I was very pleased with Ginny's promtness, especially for a spring-time order. The selection is excellent and prices are reasonable. I can't wait to see the dahlias bloom!
Positive dianthusman
Pecos, NM (Zone 5b)
December 3, 2002
Ginny Hunt is a great person and her seedlist, though lacking in germination instructions and descriptions (an important deficit for an amateur non-Californian gardener like me), always grabs me by the wallet whenever it arrives each year. I'm a fan of unusual annuals, and she offers a wonderful selection of them; her clarkia selection is the best in the world. Order early, because her stuff sells out fast.
Positive salviaddict
Rough And Ready, CA
December 3, 2002
OUTSTANDING!!! The seeds I have bought from this company have been delivered in a timely manner and I have always had great results. Their selection is extensive and the prices are reasonable for the amount of seeds in the package.My business is dedicated to this company!!
Positive Joan
Belfield, ND (Zone 4a)
March 2, 2002
I was searching for the Lauren's Grape poppy, and she had them. She was very helpful and generous, and the seeds arrived in great shape and very quickly. She's honest too. I overpaid by 50 cents and she sent me back $1. This company will be my first choice to order from again.