The scoop on 'Bambu-u'

Bambu-u

2760 Gibbs Lake Road
Chimacum, Washington 98325 (United States)

Visit Bambu-u at:

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:

Comments:

Positive buzzbee
Baltimore, MD (Zone 7a)
April 20, 2006
Three cheers for Bambu-U!!
I ordered two plants from them, both arrived big and healthy. Their website is really informative, and the prices cannot be beat. Marc answers questions quickly and clearly. The next time I need a new bamboo plant (i.e. can find a space to squeeze another bamboo into), I'm going directly to Bambu-U.
Positive wb2001
Downsville, LA
March 16, 2006
I have ordered from Bambu-U twice. My most recent order arrived today. Both times the plants were well packed and very healthy. Questions e-mailed to Marc are always answered promptly and courteously. I recommend this nursery highly to anyone interested in growing bamboos and other tropical-looking plants.
Positive Bellingham
Bellingham, WA
August 10, 2005
This company is absolutely top notch. And, Marc, the owner seems really interested in making sure his customers are happy. I ordered a single plant, Fargesia robusta, and I was treated as if I had placed a large, commercial order. Shipping was lightning fast. The plant arrived well packed, in perfect condition. It was larger than I expected, with lots of new shoots setting up. This is the first place I'll check next time I need to order. I couldn't recommend more highly.
Positive acwtim
Acworth, GA
February 14, 2005
My experience with this company has been excellent so far. Fast, reasonable shipping,plant much bigger than expected,and very good customer service. My only concern is if my bamboo will survive in my climate. I ordered the Fargesia murielae, and found out afterward that it might not be suited to the south. I will follow the advice that Marc gave me and give it a try.
On March 23rd, 2005, acwtim added the following:

Since I placed my order Bambu-u has stood behind what they sell. I can't say enough about their customer service,fast shipping,and excellent packaging.
Positive Iris_Place
Saint Charles, MO
January 9, 2005
Just order two bamboo to grow indoors till spring, was surprised they shipped this time of year and must say I got 2 really nice full healthy looking plants, Pleioblastus virdistriatatus and Phyllostachys aurea f.holochrysa, the Phyllostachys aurea f.holochrysa was at least 4 foot high with 5 or 6 clums nicely branched with a nice size root ball.
Very good price and shipping cost were cheap. Will order again this summer.
Positive rsalko
Jackson, NJ
December 25, 2004
Awsome I was expecting my banana to be a quarter of the size of the one I got.I ordered the week before Christmas and it came right away.Its already pushing up a leave in my greenhouse.
Positive kurteye
(Zone 6a)
June 7, 2004
Marc is an exceptional and knowledgeable guy when it comes to what he sells. First i emailed him and after a quick response(s) i decided to call him and pick his brain as i was going to buy my first bamboo. I wound up buying a henon and a Hardy Bananna plant. Both were nice in size. no complains. As the weeks went by i emailed him about a concern of the Henon. He told me that he would send a new one and if the Henon lived ...well then i would have two. I quickly got a new replacement. i would buy from Marc again. He has a personal touch with his customers.

Kurt
Positive kudzu9
Seattle area, WA (Zone 8b)
May 4, 2004
I love this nursery. I have purchased over 25 varieties of bamboo from bambu-u over the last several years. The plants have been extremely healthy, and the owner, Marc Hilt is super ethical and very responsive to email. He has a policy of not shipping plants unless he is convinced they are healthy enough to arrive in good shape. He also is very quality-conscious about his plants...I have never gotten a single one that carried a disease or pest.
Positive Omaronim
April 27, 2004
This is a very good supplier of bamboo. The prices are just right and I got responses to my questions quckly.
I ordered a P. Bissettii and P. Nuda and they were both healthy and very large for 1 gal plants (although I'm not sure what 'standard 1 gal' size would be). I recommend this company to everyone.
Positive IndianaGardener
March 20, 2004
I can't say enough good things, but right off the top would be: a pleasure to do business with. Helpful, friendly, great plants, & fantastic communication.
Positive Bodhisagan
Dallas, GA
March 6, 2004
This vendor was very communicative. He Emailed me to tell me his inventory of P. hetercycla 'moso' looked burned. He upgraded me to the next size free of charge because they looked better. Sure enough a couple of days later I had three bamboos in a box that looked great. Fully met expectations for mailorder plants.

I am both a plant pathologist and horticulturist, I also collect plants as a hobby. This place was great.

BTW They have very competitive pricing too.

Steve
Positive Emil
June 15, 2003
I ordered bananas, eucalyptus and palms from this nursery and am extremely pleased. The owner gave me very personalized service and advice, despite their busy season. I received all plants promptly, and in excellent condition. The banana pups were about a foot long (for the smallest size that they sell). Plant costs, as well as shipping costs, were very reasonable.
Positive VA_Gardener
Glen Allen, VA
March 23, 2003
Ordered 9 bamboo plants. Very good quality plants with large dense root structures and 1 to 2 feet above ground heighth. Excellent service provided to my telephone calls and in their follow up e-mails on shipping. A 1st rate company.
Positive jde
May 17, 2002
Would recommend highly, decent size plants, good personal customer service. Answered all my questions and assisted with my ‘boo choices for my conditions.
After an address / delivery snafu, they came through with flying colors. Will purchase from them again.
Positive Esther_z6
South Point, OH (Zone 6a)
March 2, 2002
Bought 5 different bamboos from them in 2001. Great plants, very reasonable price. Am ordering again this year.