The scoop on 'Skyfire Garden Seeds'

Skyfire Garden Seeds

1313 23rd Road
Kanopolis, Kansas 67454 (United States)

Comments:

Positive dreamingirl
(Zone 5b)
January 8, 2014
I've been ordering from this company for the past five years. While 'mail only' is not my favorite method to use for purchases, every experience has been favorable.
When a seed has low germination, it is noted on the packet - and often extra seeds are sent when expectation is low. All of the seeds are tested by the owners in their own gardens. This is especially helpful if you are in a similar zone/growing environment.
I will continue to use this company for any needs that I have.
Positive dianne99
Brookville, KS (Zone 5b)
August 17, 2010
Posted on May 9, 2010, updated August 17, 2010
Fast shipping and lots of great advice. Small, inexpensive packets $2 each (with packing charge) in 2010, and reasonable shipping ($2 per order). It is affordable to try lots of varieties, with many prepacked mixed variety selections...lots of heirlooms (some rare), esp. tomatoes and veg. Owner has a Masters of Nutrition, so lots of superfoods and great recipes for a beginner gardener to experienced alike. Many organic selections from this wind or solar powered ardent seed preserver.
On August 17th, 2010, dianne99 added the following:

Very affordable, the packets are big enough for a family for at least a couple of years. I ordered about 40 varieties plus Micki sent some yummy bonuses. I had nearly 100% germination on everything I grew, and everything was as described. Will order from Skyfire always.
Positive elkwc36
Elkhart, KS
July 18, 2010
Posted on February 4, 2007, updated July 18, 2010
This company is ran by Micki mainly. A very nice operation. She does it all so like Sandhill Preservation sevrice maybe a little slower but very willing to offer opinions on what might grow well here in KS. Also included 3 free packs of seeds with order. Prices are fair and seed amounts are generous. A good selection of seeds and some are organic. Some are hard to find elsewhere. She has listings in the SSE yearbook also. Will order from her again. Very satisfied. Thanks again Micki for the fine service. Jay
PS Will update this after sowing and also growing out if I have any problems.
On February 18th, 2008, elkwc36 added the following:

The seeds I bought last year had an excellent germination rate and grew true to description. I ordered again in Jan. and received very prompt communication and service. If a person tries to contact her from October through December I have found it takes longer. A very honest and fair person. Guess it is hard to make everyone happy. Highly recommend. Jay
On April 8th, 2008, elkwc36 added the following:

I have now started many of her seeds with great germination rates again. Way better than that of some other companies. I highly recommend her.
On July 18th, 2010, elkwc36 added the following:

I've ordered seeds from Micki every year since 2007. Have always had great results. She answers questions when she has time. She answers all questions and in a friendly manner unlike some other highly recommended vendors. A great place to buy seeds at a fair price and they have great germination rates. Also she grows many of these seeds herself and can tell you how they do for her. Her climate conditions are closer to mine than that of other vendors so takes some of the guess work out of selecting seeds. Thanks again for the great service and answers to my questions every year. Jay
Positive wbny
Buffalo, NY
May 24, 2009
What a wonderful seed seller. Im more than happy with our transaction. I send out a money order and within one week I had the seeds in hand, very fast processing and shipping! As a bonus there was two extra seed packets and an info sheet! The extra seeds were an unexpected surprise but the info sheet really showed me that this company cares about their customers. All in all a great seller with a great variety. I will certainly be back next year.
Positive bowes
Lucile, ID
January 28, 2008
I can"t imagine why there was a negative- My order for last years garden was more than ample- seed germanation 100% free treats included- I had an extinsive garden so ordered a lot of seeds and had no trouble getting them promptly-Thank you skyfire for all your devotion to keeping this planet full of heirloom gardens.
Positive stonysoil
Cincinnatus, NY
January 19, 2008
i was very impressed with the overall choice of varieties... the down to earth service by micki and the germination was excellent.. i would not hesitate to reccomend them to anyone wanting unusual seed varieties.. i also appreciated the generous quantities and free gift packets.. i have difficult growing conditions... lots of stone and cool nights .. but even my caspain pink tomatoies thrived//// best gardening season .. ira.. alias stonysoil
Negative 2001_2_ozarks
Rockaway Beach, MO
January 8, 2008
Placed order with this company six weeks ago and have not received the seeds I ordered. Have sent numerous e-mails asking them to at least acknowledge that they received the order. No response. The only way to contact this company is by USPS or their website-based e-mail. Will not order from them again
Positive zebraman
Venice, CA (Zone 10a)
August 29, 2007
I ordered tomato and melon seeds from here last year.Germ. was 100% on all tomato vars. The Minn.Midget had a really great taste.Also she is very quick to answer IM's.Her prices reflect what OP seeds cost before they became the New Rage.-
Positive landofoz
Hutchinson, KS
May 25, 2007
I ordered several vegetable seeds from Skyfire and was quite pleased with the promptness that I received the seeds and with the number of seeds in each packet. Micki sent a couple extra packets of seeds, different varieties of veggies I had already ordered, which was a pleasant surprise. In addition, she was able to help me sort out my tomatoes after a child was kind enough to remove their labels. All the seeds have had good germination rates. I will order from her next year.
Positive gorgeguy
Portland, OR
March 18, 2004
Run by a husband and wife, this "company" really does you right. My order was sent in reasonable time, although I did have to remind them that my season started earlier than their's. They sent all the correct seeds and there is more than enough seed per package. And like other companies they included a couple of packs of free seeds.

I will add comments on the growth of the seeds as the season progresses.