The scoop on 'Greta's Organic Gardens'

Greta's Organic Gardens

399 River Road
Gloucester, Ontario K1V 1C9 (Canada)

Phone: 613-521-8648
Fax: 613-521-5792

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive hillfarm
Quesnel, BC (Zone 4a)
February 20, 2012
Posted on May 19, 2003, updated February 20, 2012
I have had good service, though as stated above a little slow. I believe this is a one-person operation so that may explain it.
Interesting selection of tomatoes, some very hard to find elsewhere. Generous quantities; excellent germination.

Remember if your seeds come too late you can easily keep them for next year - my own policy when ordering from smaller seed houses with possibly slower service is to order for the next season. Usually the seed is good & fresh & will remain viable longer than that from commercial sources. (Which routinely send old seed that though it has met germination tests may not be as easy to start as the "small guy's" fresh stuff.)
On February 20th, 2012, hillfarm added the following:

This year's order arrived very quickly. Peeking into a few of the tomato seed packets I am finding the usual generous quantities. Great selection of interesting varieties. I appreciate the certified organic status of many of the seeds. Thank you, Greta.
Positive NilPixelCount
(Zone 5a)
April 18, 2010
Ordered seeds in March, next day received an email that my order was being processed and before the week was over a package arrived with all my requested seeds. Great communication and fast delivery!
Positive CalgaryGardener
Calgary, AB (Zone 3a)
March 15, 2010
I found Greta's website late Friday afternoon, sent her an email asking if the items I listed were instock. By Sunday, I had a response, I created an account and ordered the product. Bright and early Monday morning I received 2 more emails, 1 saying my order was being processed, the next saying all the items had shipped. So far, I couldn't ask for better service and hopefully the hot pepper seeds I ordered are of the same quality as Greta's Organic's service.
Neutral OttawaGardener
Ottawa
Canada
March 10, 2007
I am uncertain of the quality of seed that I bought. The pepper sprouted weakly, and the tomato has not sprouted yet this year (second year). Usually I get several years out of tomato seed.
Positive dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
March 24, 2006
I ordered flower seeds Erigeron, Pink Jewel and 2 pks of Calendula Hens and Chicken, a hard to find heirloom variety. I received my seeds quickly, was kept informed by emails and received very generous quantities of seeds. I plan to sow outdoors once it has warmed up. I am pleased with the entire transaction to date.
Neutral carlotta
June 2, 2002
It is the first time I ordered seeds, first time heirloom as well, so I am not sure what I should expect. I don't know how long it usually takes to get them? I ordered in Feb..my check was cashed fast. It took till late March to get the seeds, some were not available..too bad cause it was the peas, the only ones I would put out early and they did not get here til May..I had trouble with most of the flowering seeds that I started indoors..but I have now started some outside..and will seee. The Tomatoes all germinated..however I don't know much about them yet..Red Brandywines,cherry grape, Napoli,and early best. I will know more when they flower and have tomatoes.. (I hope)..but I think I would not order all my seeds from one place next time..