The scoop on 'Hughes Water Gardens (thewatergardenshop.com)'

Hughes Water Gardens (thewatergardenshop.com)

25289 SW Stafford Road
Tualatin, Oregon 97062 (United States)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive Old_Gardener
Calabasas, CA
August 11, 2012
I ordered a variety of bog plants on Saturday, 8/4 which were shipped promptly on Tuesday, 8/7. Everything arrived in great shape and moist on Friday, 8/10 even though it has been over 100 every day this week. I will definitely order from them again due to their great customer service (you can even specify ship dates), healthy plants that are well packed, good prices, and fast shipping. A wonderful find!

Positive Toddott
Kentwood, MI (Zone 5b)
August 4, 2012
Posted on August 4, 2012, updated August 4, 2012
Posted on August 2, 2012, updated August 4, 2012
Ordered a Rain Lily, Fairy Moss, Frogbit, Hornwort. Nice plants, shipped quickly. Survived being left in hot mailbox by USPS (even though instructions were written on box to leave on back porch) because they were packaged well. Website says fish do not find Fairy Moss appetizing... Unfortunately, mine did.
On August 4th, 2012, Toddott added the following:

Unfortunately, my fish found the frog it appetizing, too.
On August 4th, 2012, Toddott added the following:

(frogbit, not frog it).
Positive linlin
CHOCTAW, OK (Zone 7a)
February 27, 2009
THE ORDER WAS SHIPPED QUICKLY AND WHEN I OPENED THE BOX-- WOW--WONDERFUL HEALTHY PLANTS.
Positive PamelaQ
Navarre, FL (Zone 8b)
December 2, 2008
I just ordered a 'Stuttgart' Canna for a very reasonable price from here. I received it within a week of ordering. It is a very nice full grown size with lots and lots of healthy roots. I am very pleased with my new canna and I would order again from Hughes Water Gardens.
Positive digigirl
Sugar Land, TX (Zone 9a)
April 4, 2007
Plants were larger than expected, a very good price and arrived in excellent condition. Will definitely use again.
Positive yao
San Francisco, CA
July 1, 2005
This shop has excellent prices (astounding in some cases), good plants, simple ordering, fast turnaround/service, and has so far deserved its high ratings. (I ordered from them based on the ratings and comments I found here.) So far, so good! The only confusion is the name: it seems to be "Hughes Water Gardens" but is primarily(?) known as "The Water Garden Shop" (and I was briefly confusing it with the unrelated "The Water Garden," another good shop also using Yahoo!).
Positive GusCooper
Marysville, OH
June 1, 2005
I have placed several orders with the Water Garden Shop over the past couple of years. The quality of their products has always been excellent, the customer service is outstanding, and the prices are unbeatable. Give 'em a try.
Positive flower76
Milwaukee, WI
August 27, 2003
My plants arrived within 3 days of my order and were much larger and healthier than I expected, considering that the prices were some of the lowest I'd found online. Aside from the ones eaten by my local wildlife, they are flourishing!
Positive poppysue
Westbrook, ME (Zone 5a)
May 3, 2002
Excellent company to do business with. My water plants looked fabulous and the service was great. Very pleased!
Positive tiG
Newnan, GA (Zone 8a)
April 25, 2002
Excellent service. Ordered received in less than 48 hours from time placed online. Plants were in excellent condition. Plant selection is very good, I will order again.