The scoop on 'Easyliving Native Perennial Wildflowers (Easy Living Wildflowers)'

Easyliving Native Perennial Wildflowers (Easy Living Wildflowers)

Willow Springs, Missouri 65793 (United States)

Phone: 417-469-2611
Fax: 417-469-2611

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on October 13, 2002:
Native perennial wildflower seeds for home landscaping and prairie restoration in the Eastern and Midwestern United States. This site contains pictures of each wildflower with information on propagating, growing, usda plant hardiness zones and the natural distribution range of each wildflower and a list of invasive plants that should not be planted.

Comments:

Positive kchd
Sturgis, MS (Zone 7b)
October 26, 2013
I ordered seeds from this company in Feb. 2013 and visited the nursery in Oct. 2013, buying several plants during that visit. I was very pleased with both the seeds I purchased and the plants I bought. It was enjoyable viewing the nursery plants, beds, and greenhouses. We ended up spending 2 hours visiting and talking about native plants. I will certainly continue to be a repeat customer.
Positive Emma60
Grassy Creek, NC (Zone 6a)
March 18, 2013
I have ordered from this company several times, and I'm always pleased with the size and quality of the plants. John is always helpful and cooperative. It's one of my favorite places to order native plants.
Positive Joseph_Cincy
Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6a)
September 19, 2012
I ordered native seeds from Easywildflowers Native Plant Nursery last fall (2011), wintersowed them, and planted the seedlings this spring and summer. It was my first year with native seeds, and I am happy with the results.

During the ordering process, I bugged John a lot with questions, but he was prompt and helpful.

In the spring (2012), I ordered several potted plants that were not offered as seeds, and they have done well, too -- even a hepatica that originally looked a bit distressed from the shipment. Within a few days, it was happy again.
Positive comaroon
Morehead, KY
June 1, 2011
I discovered this company when doing an online search for a specific plant. After reviewing his website and plant list, I was delighted. Placed an order and the plants I received were HUGE! In fact, I received 2 different orders on the same day: one from Eastliving and another from Sunshine Farm and Gardens (I've already posted a review for Sunshine). Easyliving's plants were 4-5 inches at least; Sunshine's were 1.5"). I took a picture just to record the difference. Anyway, great ordering, wonderful service, and a positive experience all the way around. The Indian Pink I ordered is already blooming. I will definitely be ordering from Easyliving in the future.
Positive dirthound
Cohocton, NY
April 29, 2011
Posted on May 8, 2008, updated April 29, 2011
Good communication, nice plants for the price, good packaging.Will buy again.
On April 29th, 2011, dirthound added the following:

Another order from John. Great communication,wonderful plants at very good prices.
Positive eddythecat
Natick, MA
June 5, 2009
I have ordered from this company for years. The plants arrive in good condition with a strong root system. I moved the PawPaw tree I ordered three times and it still continues to do well. Recently, I needed 20 Marsh and Butterfly Milkweed delivered within the week and John was able to fill this easily sending the plants from Oklahoma to Massachusetts quickly. His prices are good and the plants are strong.
Positive wyldeflwr
Laurel, MD (Zone 7a)
April 2, 2009
I could not be happier with the service! Excellent communication. Delivered my plants when I requested them. The plants are healthy, good size and well packaged. Will definitely shop here again. Thanks for a pleasant experience.
Positive botanikk
sassari
Italy
March 3, 2009
Since their site isn't set up for international shipping, I wrote to them to see if they could send some seeds to Italy, and they responded quickly and said sure. Service was friendly and quick (and postage and handling reasonable). I planted the seeds on the 22nd of Feb, and already 4 out of 5 varieties are germinating. Recommended.
Positive Linda_Iowa
Cedar Rapids, IA (Zone 5b)
August 27, 2008
I contacted John by an internet search for rough blazing stars, which I wanted to acquire due to their attraction by butterflies. His e-mails were returned promptly, his service was courteous and friendly, and he shipped my order promptly. In fact, he trusted me that my check payment had been sent by shipping my plants sooner than he would have had to, but he wanted me to get them in such a way that they had the least amount of time in the box. The plants arrived as he said they would, were healthy, and well packaged. I'd highly recommend this company.
Positive donicaben
Ogdensburg, NY
July 29, 2008
I orderred four types of echinacea seeds and received them in record time. The prices are great, and the one-on-one customer service was phenominal. All my questions were answered promptly and in a true small company friendly manner.

I'd reccommend!!! :-D

Thanks.
Positive jcriger
Bolingbrook, IL
June 8, 2007
After finding easywildflowers.com on the Internet, I emailed a question about one of the plants. I received a quick reply with the information. Later that day, I posted an order. It came two days later! The plants were carefully packed in pots with moist soil, and gently cushioned. I have ordered plants from several other online dealers that arrived limp and worn. These plants were healthy and beautiful. I will certainly be ordering from this company again, and recommending it to my friends.
Negative trillium612
Portage, WI (Zone 4b)
May 9, 2007
I reserve my experience as a neutral and not a negative only in that the service was excellent and pleasant and plants arrived in the expected time frame. Plants appear to be of acceptable quality except for what was damaged in shipping.
The goatsbeard was broken due to improper packing. One pot was very dry but not yet wilted. One plant was completely unmarked. If it had been dormant I would have had no idea what it was. Luckily I recognized it but others may not. One pot had two labels in it of different species but I beleive it is the one I ordered. One pot had very little dirt in it.
Shipping was EXTREMELY expensive, more so than any other company I have dealt with. They use newspapers for packing which made the box overly heavy. I was charged $17 to ship 9 plants which would cost $10-$12 from anywhere else I have ordered or worked at. The box arrived damaged looking.
There were no transplanting or unpacking instructions included. Plants were only labelled with a name written in pencil with no directions on light,soil et cet. One pot was broken.
In general I am very disappointed by the unprofessional appearance of the package and product. They look more like something I would buy at a local plant sale or get in trade. Yes, the price per plant is good, but with the high shipping charges I had expected a much more profesional packing job, or larger plants or something to cost that much.
I would not purchase from here again based on the high shipping charges alone in combination with the unprofessional shipping and lack of information included with the plants. It is unfortunate as they do carry many unique species.
On May 19th, 2007, trillium612 changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

After the companys response to me I have decided to change the rating to negative. They did admit the goatsbeard should have been packed better but offered no replacement/refund. They said the one plant had two tags because if the packers notice something else in the pot they put another tag in it instead of weeding it out. The other tag that was in the pot was a plant I did not want. Even as a freebie I would not want it. It places a pretty big assumption that the person packing can recognize a seedling of another species. I did not receive any response/ apology to the one pot not having any tag at all, maybe that plant the packers didn't even know what it was. I received a pretty snippy response when I said the shipping was expensive and offered another suggestion. the excuse being a fuel and rural deliver surcharge. Even without that it would still be more expensive than other places I have ordered from. I really hate to give a negative but I am wholly dissatisfied with my experience from this company and will not be ordering from them again nor would I recommend this company to anyone else.
Positive JedS
Shawnee Mission, KS
May 3, 2007
I have placed two orders, one this year for potted plants and one last year for seeds. Both times I conferred with John prior to placing my orders, and he was most helpful, congenial, and honest in answering my questions. The potted plants that I ordered were well packed, with moist soil, and arrived on schedule in excellent condition. John provides the type of personal, patient, quality service that all of us hope for when contacting and ordering seeds and flowers. Needless to say, I will continue to order from him in the future.
Positive JodyC
Palmyra, IL (Zone 5b)
January 3, 2007
Ditto..to all the positives..fast turn around..great prices
On January 3rd, 2007, JodyC added the following:

Oh my I forgot to add..I bought 3 ounces of 3 different kinds of seeds...they sent me 1 1/2 oz. purple prairie clover when I only bought an ounce..they also sent a bonus pack of black cohosh seed...
Anyway I couldn't be happier..They will get more of my seed orders in the future...
Positive fruth
Warren, MI
November 14, 2006
First and foremost, excellent quality and service. Cheapest prices around and they have some very hard to find plants and seeds. I am looking forward to many more purchases.
Positive tastefullyjulie
Lewiston, NY
September 20, 2006
I emailed John and he answered within minutes! I was able to order hard to find seeds at excellent prices. The seeds arrived in just a few days and look great. Will definitely shop again.
Positive TonyMI
Dearborn Heights, MI
May 23, 2006
I had a very good experience with this company. John answered my e-Mails quickly, he was friendly and helpful. I ordered some potted Woodland Blue Phlox and Blue Wild Indigo. The service was *fast* and they arrived in good shape. I intend to use Easy Wildflowers again.
Positive onalee
Brooksville, FL (Zone 9a)
April 1, 2005
Very nice experience ordering from this company. Ordered Clematis Fremontii (only place I could find it!) and got very good quality AND quantity of seed. Personal service - very nice people. Would recommend them anytime.
Positive coneflowergal
Clarkston, MI
August 25, 2004
I ordered Echinacea paradoxa plants and seeds from Easyliving Wildflowers via the internet on a Saturday night. Imagine my surprise to find an e-mail from John at Easyliving when I logged on Sunday morning! John was incredibly helpful with growing and propagating instructions. My order was shipped out Monday, and I received it on Wednesday. Couldn't have been easier. Plants were a great size and very healthy looking. Great to do business with. Will definitely order again!
Positive Prairiemare
March 13, 2004
Ordered seeds and received them very quickly. Great prices and a nice number of seeds. My germination rates have been great and the seedlings are growing right now. Nice information on web site, too. Thanks.
Positive KountryKitty
February 23, 2004
I was looking for pawpaw seeds and found them at a great price (15-25 for $5.00 as opposed to 6 for $2.00 offered by others). I also found some very interesting information on invasive plants to avoid, some of which I was considering buying for my yard! The seed arrived in a packet with instructions and info on the plant on the back--only a week after I sent my order. Too cool.
Positive Hillbilly_Gran
Jasper, AR (Zone 7a)
October 27, 2003
My order arrived quickly, was complete and accompanied by a nice note. The seed packets were nice sized and I was completely delighted. I look forward to ordering again.
Positive perenniallycrazy
May 7, 2002
I have made several orders - prices are excellent. I have always been very satisfied!