The scoop on 'Browns Ferry Gardens'

Browns Ferry Gardens

13515 Browns Ferry Road
Georgetown, South Carolina 29440 (United States)

Comments:

Neutral connoisseur
Indianapolis, IN
April 6, 2014
Fall sale items tend to be of poorer quality. There probably are so many items to ship that the roots sit around for a while. Also, UPS delivery can mean more days in transit. Some items were not double fans; others were far too desiccated.
Positive packerbaby
Quincy, IL
May 10, 2012
I just received my daylilies, Ashley Danielle, and was very pleasantly surprised. They arrived within the week. I received 2 healthy fans so I planted those separately. 2 bonus daylilies also arrived with my order so essentially I feel I've gotten 4 for the price of 1. They seemed a little high when I first read the prices, but compared to the cheaper ones I've gotten from other companies, the extra price is well worth it.
Positive divvajacko
Hinckley, OH (Zone 6a)
January 13, 2012
This is my first order. I am very pleased so far. All my order arrived fine. (Belle Cooke, Elegant Candy, Francois Vearheart, Green Mystique, Inner Secret, Key Lime Ice, Novaris, Web of Intrigue). I bought 1 fan a piece and I planted them this fall. I'll update my review in the spring as they grow. All plants were healthy and nice.
Positive celestialrose
Belmont, NH (Zone 4b)
May 12, 2011
This was my first order with Browns Ferry and one I had placed way back on a cold winter's night. I anticipated great plants and good service from all the positive reviews here and all the praise was justified. The order I received was excellent in every way. I order many plants (roses, lilies, daylilies, perennials) online and my order from Browns Ferry was one of the best.
The fans were huge! I could not believe how heavy the box was! They were green and fresh, and to my delight, they gifted me with lovely bonuses which were ones I had wanted!!!
The service is great, the plants are great, and their website is enjoyable to order from. All in all, a wonderful experience and I will definitely be ordering again next year, and for years to come.
Positive Lys_dun_jour
wallington
United Kingdom
May 5, 2011
Im used to receiving bonus plants from sellers, but so far the team at Browns Ferry Gardens has been the most generous, with extra plants and extra fans of the ones i bought.

Plants received are large and healthy, with large established root systems and carefully packaged, survived the journey to the UK in excellent condition and will be back growing in no time.

Some of the best customer service i have received from a company, Amy answered all emails promptly and kept me informed of all developments. Heidi has been great. with taking the time to tell me more about one of her seedlings, that i have decided needs to be added to my collection.

I have placed many orders from sellers that ship internationally, but theres only a few that i would use again and Browns Ferry Gardens is now one of them.
Positive StaticCling
Meadville, PA
June 19, 2010
Was happy with my purchases.
Positive mattsmom
Tomah, WI
November 17, 2009
Posted on November 17, 2009, updated November 17, 2009
Posted on September 19, 2007, updated November 17, 2009
Recieved my first order from Browns today and am thrilled. Very large fans. Almost all were multiple fans
not just doubles. Very clean & healthy. Generous bonuses. Prompt & courteous communication. I couldn't
be happier. I'll definitely be back for more!

On November 17th, 2009, mattsmom added the following:

I am very late in posting but wanted to share another great experience with Brown's Ferry. This is the third year ordering from them & I just could not be happier. Amy is very quick to respond to emails, and is always so wonderful & helpful. The plants they send are Fabulous! Awesome bonuses! They are a company that still "takes care of their customers". Nowadays that is really something special. I recomend Brown's Ferry to everyone.
On November 17th, 2009, mattsmom added the following:

Positive ctdaylily
Wallingford, CT
November 14, 2009
Excellent service!! They went to great lengths to ensure I received my shipment so late in the season safely and securely. I received a beautiful plant that I know will bloom next year.You could not deal with nicer people!
Positive nschmith
Dearborn Heights, MI
September 21, 2009
The box arrived heavy and when promised. The plants were healthy, oversized and just as ordered. Thank you Charles, Heidi and Amy for wonderful service again. You are great daylily ambassadors. I would recommend anyone interested in daylilies visit the website, view the fabulous photos and go crazy ordering!
Positive mthrnatur
Niles, MI
May 21, 2009
Wonderful, large plants that were obviously freshly dug and shipped shortly afterwards. Awesome bonus plant also. Recommend them highly!
Positive RobertWM
Clawson, MI
May 16, 2009
I received large,very fresh, vigorously green plants from BFG which look like they were boxed and shipped to me on the same day they were dug and cleaned. You can tell the garden's owners are typical generous gardeners who like to share at heart because I received a number of high quality, well chosen bonus plants. Finally, my order arrived exactly when I requested it. I am entirely pleased.
Positive eickenho
Sugar Land, TX (Zone 9a)
September 25, 2008
Browns Ferry Gardens sent large and healthy daylilies, including a very nice gift. Good communications and very helpful. I highly recommend Browns Ferry Gardens.
Positive jeepjeep
Toledo, OR
August 26, 2008
I love these people from Browns Ferry Gardens
They treated me sooooo good . I received a beautiful order and highly recommend calling and chatting with them when you place your order....Highly recommend them..Ive talked with Amy a sweetheart and Charles Douglas .......Well hes Awesome too! I got email from Heidi too .
Positive Morveoverb
Statesville, NC
May 2, 2008
I received my plants April 30, all fresh, green and healthy. Most of the plants were multiple fans more than what I paid for, most were 3-4 fans for a DF, some were more than that! All had excellent root systems, very well developed. And what I really like about this place are the bonuses!!! They advertise in their catalog 40% bonuses and they deliver on that!! And the greatest part is, THEY ACTUALLY SEND THE BONUSES FROM YOUR BONUS / SUBSTITUTION LIST !!! You end up getting plants you actually want, instead of the soup of the day !! Plus they give you $50 for your $25 AHS voucher!!! Plus Amy McDaniel was really nice and helpful. Cool deal all around!!! A+ A+ A+
Positive ownedbycats
Southern, NH (Zone 5b)
May 2, 2008
I just received my order and couldn’t be happier.

They sent nice big plants, and a very nice bonus. They were shipped when I asked for them. I was late sending in my order, so when one of my selections was sold out, I got a call so I could select something else.

All and all a great experience.
Positive aggiegrl
Lufkin, TX (Zone 8b)
October 30, 2007
i just completed my first online order, luckily it was with this company! they are first rate, both Heidi and Amy were very patient and generous with their time. the order arrived and i was like a kid at Christmas!! the plants were Huge and most were multiple fans, some up to 9! the bonus plants were very generous and most were more than dble fans, also. overall, this was a wonderful experience and i couldn't be happier with my order. i will defineately be ordering from them again!!
Positive iheartroscoe
Goshen, IN
August 26, 2007
I ordered from Brown's Ferry Gardens this month and received huge, healthy plants. The bonus plants were very generous, also. I requested shipment the first week of September 2007, but I received it on August 22, 2007. There may have been a slight miscommunication there, but I'm still very happy with my plants and the Customer Service.
Positive hem_iamy
Albuquerque, NM (Zone 7b)
August 16, 2007
Brown's Ferry Gardens has been a delightful initiation into daylily ordering for this (relatively) new addict! My order was placed in September 2006 with prompt and courteous communication from the company (Amy). My order was received in great shape with wonderful root systems present, advertised as double fans but many with 5 to 6 as well as extremely generous bonuses! The cultivars thrived during our record-breaking winter and all bloomed true to type! Couldn't be happier,...would definitely order again... :)
Positive RosieRinaGarden
Arden, NC
August 8, 2007
I have been a little late getting this rating up but here it goes. I had a great experience with this company.Quick response after my order and many emails about being out of certain daylillies that I had ordered. I ordered about 150 dollars worth of lillies but some of them were out of stock. They wrote me to tell me this and I decided to let them choose which ones to sub with. I was a little worried about that but it turned out great. They subed plants that were worth twice the value of the ones i had ordered. And another great thing is that you get get to choose up to 40% of your order as bonus plants! So all together after tallied up the actual value of what I ordered I got over 220 dollars worth of daylillies! Not bad for 150 backs out of my pocket. I cant wait to see them bloom and I will be ordering again. I want to strt breeding and there is alot of helpfull info on thier website.WONDERFULL COMPANY!!!!
Positive Sherlock221
Lancaster, KY
June 2, 2007
Excellent company to deal with! They are friendly and helpful, and send top-quality plants. I placed a good-sized order from them last year during a sale and was extremely pleased with all the plants -- all are doing well this year too and have scapes on them. I just received my second order from them a few days ago, and I'm thrilled with it. The plants are enormous and healthy, and were clean and neatly packed. I received my order quickly, just as promised. A nice touch with Browns Ferry is that you get to suggest to them what bonus plant you would like. I gave them 3 or 4 suggestions -- and they sent 2 bonus plants!! I was so excited when I opened the box! I will definitely reorder with them. Highly recommend this company.
Positive tsbccowboy
Saint Paul, MN
September 1, 2006
Received nice Daylily fans at a great price. I was one Daylily short when I received the order and they promptly sent the missing Daylily.
On May 9th, 2007, tsbccowboy added the following:

My second order from Brown's Ferry Gardens just arrived and each of the Daylilies have a huge root system. I am very pleased with the order and would not hesitate to buy from them again. Thanks for some great-looking Daylilies. A happy repeat customer.
On September 9th, 2009, tsbccowboy added the following:

I am very happy with my latest order. The Daylilies were freshly dug as they looked perfect when they arrived. They were very generous with the number of fans for each one.

I was concerned about the shipment as I did not get them on Friday afternoon just before Labor Day weekend. I gave them a call and they said they should arrive on that day. They did......at 6:20 pm! Was I relieved and so happy with how nice they looked.
Positive Debsroots
Northwest, MO (Zone 5a)
August 27, 2006
Placed my order and received less than a week later. Received very nice fans at a great price.

Positive Azurel
Youngsville, NC
May 4, 2006
I opened my box of daylilies with some trepidation because UPS had nearly crushed it. It looked like an accordion! However, the fans were in good condition, none broken, very green & healthy looking & they had given me 4 bonus plants to go with the 6 I ordered. I am extremely pleased & cannot wait to see them in bloom.
Positive alicewho
North Augusta, SC (Zone 8a)
April 21, 2006
I recently received an order from Browns Ferry and was very pleased with my purchase. Large, generous and healthy fans. And was very happy with the bonus plants they sent.
Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
April 5, 2006
This was my first time ordering from Browns Ferry Gardens. They are great! My order arrived when they said it would. The daylilies I received are very healthy looking and fresh with large roots; most have 3 or more fans. One of my choices had sold out, so they substituted with two of greater value. The bonus plants were equally generous. After ordering last February, I later emailed with a question. It was answered promptly and in a friendly, helpful manner. I am very impressed with Browns Ferry Gardens and look forward to ordering from them again.
Positive gardener413
Mt.Pleasant, SC (Zone 8b)
June 27, 2005
Wow, what a great garden outting today. Gorgeous daylilies and really nice people working there. They had beds and beds of beautiful daylilies in all price ranges from $5 - $100. There were just as many economically prices plants as the very expensive. The display gardens were magnificent and I enjoyed myself so much. Even though it was 91degrees today the time flew for me. I spent at least 2 hours looking and shopping and had the time of my life. And the ladies even helped my load my car. Can't wait to go back. I feel I received very good value for my money. Very nice catalog also.
Positive gardencreature
Wareham, MA
April 16, 2005
OUTSTANDING plants! A definite return trip is in my future! Great plants, lots of healthy roots and a super bonus on a small order! I highly recommend this vendor!
Positive statman
June 25, 2004
Prompt, courteous customer service. Big, healthy fans. Prompt shipping. Lots of bonus plants. In fact, although two plants on my original order were unavailable, I received bonus plants worth 40% of my ORIGINAL order, not 40% of the reduced order! I will certainly be ordering from Browns Ferry again.
Positive GingerMA
West Springfield, MA
May 21, 2004
I placed an on-line order with Browns Ferry Gardens over a month ago. I was promptly informed that one of the varieties I have ordered was sold out. I was then given an opportunity to substitute that with a plant up to twice the orignal dollar value.

I received my daylilies yesterday. All the plants (those that I ordered & the bonus plants) are huge and healthy (at least 3 fans each). They were cleaned and well-packed. I am very impressed with the service and quality of the plants I have received. I will not hesitate to order from them again.
Positive daylilygirl2
December 28, 2002
I received an order from Browns Ferry this past Spring. The plants were healthy and are doing great. When I called in the order the woman was extremely helpful and friendly. They also included quite a few bonus plants. I'll be ordering again this Spring!
Positive rosyhem
Salisbury, NC (Zone 7a)
May 10, 2002
We have had timely delivery of top quality plants. The prices are reasonable. The bonus plants received were great. What more could one ask for?