The scoop on 'Cottage Gardens'

Cottage Gardens

4540 East Shelby Road
Medina, New York 14103 (United States)

Phone: 585-798-5441

Comments:

Positive RemyO
Tonawanda, NY (Zone 6b)
April 29, 2009
Cottage Gardens is a wonderful place to visit when they are open for visitors during the summer. The main daylily field is huge, and on top of that there is a gorgeous house garden. Brent digs plants for you after deciding what you want, and deciding after looking at all those wonderful daylilies is difficult!
Positive eickenho
Sugar Land, TX (Zone 9a)
September 26, 2008
Cottage Gardens sent large and healthy daylilies, and very nice bonus plants. Brent is helpful and a pleasure to do business with. I highly recommend Cottage Gardens.
Positive hazel3
Torrington, CT
May 16, 2008
First time order with Cottage Gardens. Ordering - easy. Communication - great. Received order today - all plants double fans or better in excellent shape. Received bonus plant of my choice. Will certainly order again from Brent at Cottage Gardens!!! Thank you very much.
Positive Moonbeam321
Westford, MA
November 14, 2007
Very healthy plants received in June and all doing well! Bonus plants were great. Will definetly be doing business with Brent again
Positive Seedsower
Franklin, WI (Zone 5a)
September 14, 2007
I decided to place a quick order before the cold weather set in and forwarded paypal pymt on 9/7. I received my plants (very quickly!) on 9/13. I am thrilled with the size and vigor of the plants....most of the five plants I ordered are four fans. Add a very nice double fan bonus of Spacecoast Sharp Tooth and I am one happy camper....I mean customer! I will definitely order from them again!
Positive opnjmprs1
Renfrew, PA
August 4, 2007
I wish every internet purchase went as smoothly as this one. Plants received were of exceptional size and health. Communication was great, and I look forward to buying frome them again. Thanks Brent
Positive ownedbycats
Southern, NH (Zone 5b)
May 14, 2007
A great experience, all the plants were healthy and are settling good. Very nice bonus plants, I will order again.
Positive JWB
Silver Spring, MD (Zone 7a)
July 16, 2006
I e-mailed my order in December to make sure all my plants would be in stock and received my order when I had requested it in early May. The daylilies arrived packed well and in good shape, still very green. I had discussed with Brent what I would like for a bonus and he sent me that plus an additional daylily. They all started growing again quickly after I planted them, and they are all blooming now and are all true to name. I am very happy with my order and generous bonus and would order again.
Positive Cynthia59P
Horse Cave, KY
June 28, 2006
I just received my order today and I am very well satisfied. The plants were well-packaged, fresh, and nice, healthy fans. Some were even more than the doubles I ordered. The bonuses were more than generous too. I would certainly order from the Ross' again.
Cynthia
Positive se_eds
Millersburg, PA (Zone 6b)
May 4, 2006
Nice box of green, freshly dug daylilys. Plants were well rooted and carefully packed. They even included a bonus with my $20.00 order. Nice to deal with. Plants were shipped when promised.
Negative Adaylilyfan
York, PA
January 18, 2006
Based on my experience, my advice is, "Buyer beware!"
I sent an order on April 4, 2005 with a check for the full payment. I asked for shipment on May 2. By May 11, I still didn't get my plants. I e-mailed to ask if my order was shipped, and if not, when I could expect it. I was told, "I will try to get your order out on Monday." (5/16)

After May 18, I looked for my plants every day. By May 21, I still didn't receive them. I sent an e-mail only to find out that my plants still weren't shipped as promised.
(However, my check was cashed on April 17.) By 5/21, he didn't have 3 of 7 plants. The only good part of the experience is that I did get my money back.
Positive gadget19
Saint Louis, MO
August 25, 2005
I ordered from Cottage Gardens for the first time fall '05. I am extremely happy with the speed of the transaction and also with the quality of the plants! All of the plants are in great shape, and they even included a bonus. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive bugster51
Edinboro, PA
June 27, 2005
My husband and I found this garden while surfing the web and as it is fairly close to us, we called and asked the owner, Brent Ross, if we could make a day trip there. The gardens he and his wife have are beautiful, he had all our plants dug for us and clean when we arrived. He was also very generous with bonus plants. I highly recommend buying plants here and we plan to go see the garden at peak bloom time.
Positive Gail14054
East Bethany, NY (Zone 6a)
January 14, 2004
I e-mailed Cottage Gardens to see when they would be "open" for the season. I then visited the Gardens and purchased several Daylily Plants. I am very pleased with them and plan to shop there again this season.
Positive nursechris
East Greenbush, NY
June 21, 2003
Ordered for the first time and am VERY pleased. All plants were double fans and a nice bonus was added. Very large selection and friendly emails. I had previously ordered from Oakes Daylily. This was just as good and much less expensive for most varities. I will be a repeat customer
Positive DaveZ
Rochester, NC (Zone 6a)
August 14, 2002
Very helpfull and great to deal with, healthy plants
Positive IndaShade
Kylertown, PA (Zone 5b)
July 22, 2002
Very nice to deal with. Healthy fans, and very generous with bonuses. Highly recommend.
Positive Lorie
Muncy, PA (Zone 5a)
May 10, 2002
I was a first time buyer from these people. Fans were very large and healthy. Bonuses were huge. Wonderful people to buy daylilies from. I highly recommend them. Prices are very reasonable.