The scoop on 'Secret Seeds'

Secret Seeds

Turnpike Cottage
Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 0PB
(United Kingdom)

Phone: +44 (0) 1395 515265
Fax: +44 (0) 1395 515265

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark The website for this vendor is no longer active.
If anyone has information concerning their status, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to inform our editors.

Comments:

Negative kherbol
Stockton, CA
October 24, 2011
Placed an order in June, credit card was billed, but no seeds now 4 and 1/2 months later. I have emailed 3 times with no reply. Beware.
Positive Menk
Darling Downs
Australia
June 27, 2008
Poor communication. They have not replied to two enquiries relating to seed availability. I decided to place an order anyway. I received an automated reply from them immediately, but have heard nothing since. Checked my credit card and they have received my funds.
I can change my comments to positive if things improve, but so far I would have to say my experience has been less than positive.
On July 3rd, 2008, Menk changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Seed turned up in mail box, well packaged and in good time. Only criticism is that the seed is not pure - only about 20 seed found under magnnification, all the rest are just spent flower ligules.
Positive DeeDs
Cornwall
United Kingdom (Zone 8b)
December 6, 2003
This company are BRILLIANT.

Since the new (very knowledgeable) owners have taken over, the catalogue has been re-vamped into a work of art, and the website has even more unusual, rare and beautiful seeds.

Very fast delivery, great germination rates, reasonable prices and a variety of seeds that is second to none. This is going to be the premier seeds company in the UK in a very short time - if it isn't already.
Positive Baa
December 1, 2002
A good company to deal with, they have lots of cottage garden style seeds available with some unusuals thrown in as well as species not commonly found in garden centres or the mainstream catalogues.

My only gripes are that some of the names of the seeds are not accepted as the true name. I also hold some reservations about the seed they sell of named cultivars, some of these don't come quite true from seed.

On April 3rd, 2003, Baa changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

This years catalogue now lists the seeds as being collected from named cultivars rather than as named cultivars.

Excellent, prompt service! Will highly recommend.