The scoop on 'Variations Greenhouse'

Variations Greenhouse

209 E. Wardlow Rd.
Highland, Michigan 48356 (United States)

Editor's Comment:
Closed As of July 2006, the URL is no longer working and emails are bouncing. If anyone has a different status update on Variations Greenhouse, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

Company Comment, posted on December 31, 2002:
I am pleased to announce that Variations Greenhouse is indeed OPEN FOR BUSINESS for the 2003 season! Karen Ernst, Owner

Comments:

Positive PVick
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7b)
July 22, 2003
This proved to be the most positive online gardening experience I have had! I fell in love with the coleus they were offering; checked them out in Garden Watchdog, and bit the bullet.

I emailed my order as per the site instructions; within 10 minutes, Karen Ernst had called me and the order was completed! She emailed me again, letting me know that one of my selections was not quite ready for shipping; she ended up holding the order for me while I went out of town.

I got the most beautiful, BIG, healthy rooted cuttings - I was able to take extra cuttings from each of them. They are growing like blazes.

I most surely will order more coleus from her, and plan to try the scented geraniums as well.

One hundred stars to Karen and Variations!

**************************************************
**************************************************
Positive MasterToad
May 17, 2003
The owner of this company was not only the friendliest, most lovely woman, she really knows her stuff when it comes to scented geraniums and coleus. When I had questions regarding some unique/hard to find varieties, she had ALL the answers... I have to crown her Queen Coleus. Thank the heavens above, for gardeners like Karen. A definite must see site.
Positive thomaschow
February 24, 2003
It was a most heart-warming experience with my order at VariationsGreenhouse last year.They offer a huge Coleus collection which are hardly available in my locality in Asia. Most of the coleus nurseries do not accept international order. It was an ecstatic surprise for me when VG welcome my order. Karen, the owner ,proved herself to be a joyful and reliable gardener when dealing with the extra arrangements for my international order. The extra handling charge was kept to minimal. The plants all arrived in great shape, not even one was lost throughout shipping.
Positive hopflower
Santa Rosa, CA (Zone 9a)
December 26, 2002
After reading the wonderful comments made by other consumers, I was eager to check out the site. Unfortunately, the nursery is not accepting orders for 2003, due to personal circumstances. I was most disappointed, and hoped that I might do business with them in future.
On January 1st, 2003, hopflower changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Great! Now maybe I can look into getting those scented geraniums. When I checked out the site for the first time; there was a message telling me that they were closed down for the season due to personal circumstances. Things must have changed!
Positive size
Fall River, MA
December 26, 2002
It is a pleasure to do business with this nursery. The service is prompt and reliable and helpful.
Positive MarianB
October 22, 2002
Best website for scenteds on the web!
Positive roseangeltoes
September 11, 2002
I had a very positive experience with the owner of this greenhouse. I wanted to order some "attar of roses" scented gerainum. She happened to be out of stock at that time. When I asked what other rose scenteds she had, she asked for my phone number and said she would call me back from the greenhouse. She did exactly that in about 5 minutes from ending the first call. I made 2 selections from what she had available. She was a pleasure to talk with and gave some good advice to this novice gardener.
I received my shipment 2 days later. One plant was very healthy and has flourished, the other was in trouble when it got here because of being shipped during a heatwave. She quickly offered to send me another, which won't be necessary since the dear thing managed to pull through with some TLC. I will be ordering again in March when the weather is cooler for shipping and the selection is better.
Positive MarySizemore
July 1, 2002
Variations Greenhouse is a pleasure to do business with, they care and it shows. Thank you for providing such a forum for expressing customer opinions.
Positive DebbieHerring
January 1, 2002
Variations Greenhouse is an excellent source for scented geraniums.