The scoop on 'Southern Seed Legacy Project (Pass Along Southern Seeds)'

Southern Seed Legacy Project (Pass Along Southern Seeds)

10 Legacy Road
Crawford, Georgia 30630 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Erin_Mills
Athens, GA
April 24, 2008
As the above reviewer said, this is not a commercial seed company. It's a seed bank run by graduate students (Jim Veteto is one, and the woman who the reviewer listed at the top talked to likely was, too) out of a university anthropology department lab. The website is not updated frequently because they have other things to do, like dissertations, teaching and classwork of their own. No one who works there does nothing but work there, so you can't expect a perfect professional response, but they do the best they can and they are definitely honest. The woman you talked to was probably confused and either mixed your order up with someone else's or could not read the ledger properly. She was not purposely lying to you.
Negative zebraman
Venice, CA (Zone 10a)
October 8, 2006
Where Shoul I Start? I sent $50.00 to join this in early July 06.I was interested in interviewing the author("Cultural Memory and Biodiversity) on the show that I am the producer "Dateline"USA.I received the Resource Directory 03 in Aug.I also inquirred about #374.Sea Island Cotton on their site.He said that they don't even have this and he had just forgotten to remove it from the website.Today in Oct.06 it is of course still on their site as available. I sent the PASS request the next day.Two weeks after I sent this I called to find out what the delay was.The woman who answered the phone assured me there was no problem and the seeds had been sent.A month later-No Seeds.I then emailed Jim Veteto,Coordinator who blamed it on slow mail on the west coast.he sent me another email stating that he hadn't received my request until a month after I had sent it.Which would mean that the woman who answered the phone weeks earlier was lying.
I did actually receive the seeds,Oct.06,well half of them anyway.The others well they don't have any to send out.But no mention of this on their site.I guarantee if they stated the truth on their site Nobody,including myself would ever send money to this.Whats really interesting is what they SSL screwed themselves out of by doing.National Television coverage is a Hot Ticket.Exspecially when its free! Fridom Snowbird
Dateline USA-
Neutral Terry
Murfreesboro, TN (Zone 7a)
July 11, 2002
This is not a commercial seed source; however, for those looking for heirloom vegetable seeds, specifically those from the Southern U.S., it is a unique and interesting seed exchange resource.