The scoop on 'Rocky Meadow Orchard & Nursery'

Rocky Meadow Orchard & Nursery

360 Rocky Meadow
New Salisbury, Indiana 47161-8335 (United States)

This company is affiliated with mySEASONS Garden Solutions

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark The URL is now redirected to Henry Fields' website; the telephone number appears to belong to an individual in a nearby town. if anyone has information about the status of Rocky Meadow Orchard & Nursery, please contact the Watchdog editors.

Company Comment, posted on April 1, 1998:
We handle apple, pear and plum trees, plus a full line of rootstocks for grafting.

Comments:

Positive itstessie
May 15, 2003
I ordered six apple trees and two pear trees from Rocky Meadow in Spring 2002. The trees were *beautiful* and are doing very nicely. I was told that Rocky Meadow was bought by Gardens Alive and I received my club discount.
Neutral GindaFisher
February 13, 2003
Ed Fackler sold Rocky Meadow about a year ago.
Positive autremike
Ludlow, MA (Zone 5b)
December 31, 2002
I ordered and recieved 50 very healthy and strong apple rootstocks from this company in the spring of 2002. They grew roots strong and accepted the grafts that I performed onto them. A good choice if you want to start your own apple trees or make more of a favorite! They also have a good selection of apple trees.

I hear that they did change ownership - I think to Gardens Alive. It may explain the new insect control products that they have in their catalog.
Positive bdelp
November 22, 2002
I've ordered from Rocky Meadows twice- 05/01 & 11/01. Both orders (14 trees total) arrived promptly and looked very healthy.
It does appear that they've changed hands, so I hope thier trees are still first rate.
Bob
Positive JohnFdeReeder
February 1, 1999
I first came across Ed Fackler, the proprietor of Rocky Meadow Orchard, as the president of North American Fruit Explorers (NAFEX) which I joined four years ago. Besides being president, Ed writes the "Back to Basics" column in Pomona, the NAFEX quarterly journal. Magness was appear recommended to me by another Nafex member, and as Rocky Meadow had it available on my preferred rootstock I decided to give them a try. I have planted about a hundred fruit trees over the last twenty years, most of which I have purchased from nurseries around the US. The Magness I bought from Rocky Meadow is by far the most extraordinary nursery plant I have ever received. It was stocky, well-rooted, and had perfectly-placed scaffolds. Now in place for two seasons, it is nearly a textbook-perfect tree.