The scoop on 'Hermit Medlars Walk'

Hermit Medlars Walk

3 Pierce St (Route 140)
Foxborough, Massachusetts 02035 (United States)

Visit Hermit Medlars Walk at:

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive laurief
Deer River, MN (Zone 3b)
August 6, 2006
I placed an order with these folks back in 2000 for their MDB collection. The price was excellent and the collection included a variety of colors. Rhizome sizes were very small compared to those from the West Coast, but that was no problem for me since large rzs always shrink down in my northern climate, anyway. In fact, Hermit Medlar's small rzs bloomed a year earlier for me than the much larger MDB rzs I purchased from the West Coast the same year.

Wonderful selection, particularly of the smaller beardeds. A great source for bearded irises that are already acclimated to cold winter climates.

Laurie
Positive miltboyd
Haverhill, MA (Zone 6b)
July 29, 2003
We have visited the Walk, and met Ada and Bill. Nice folk, very helpful, well informed, breeders as well as sellers.

The catalog has hundreds of cultivars, nicely organized by type, many with excellent photos, taken mostly by Bill. It is packed with helpful hints, and background info.
We ordered a sampler of iris. It arrived a little later than promised, but not much. Well packed, the diverse specimens well labeled, reasonably priced.
I think we will do more business with H M Walk.