The scoop on 'Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com)'

Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com)

Harrison, Ohio 45030-0330 (United States)

Phone: 513-354-1510
Fax: 513-354-1504

» Like them on Facebook
This company is affiliated with Gardens Alive!

This company is affiliated with 2 companies:

This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive gardenergal17
Canton (Pro Football HOF City!), OH (Zone 6a)
September 16, 2014
I buy from Spring HIll on a regular basis. Their plants are always healthy! Very friendly Customer Service too! Thanks.....
Positive BJacobson
Atlanta, GA (Zone 7b)
September 14, 2014
This spring I ordered several dozen different items and they were all very healthy on arrival. One small thing though, I wish I knew prior to purchase how long it would take to receive some of the items (can take several weeks even if you order it during the right season/time to ship to your zone).

However, they were all good quality and exactly as expected. Many did exceptionally well actually. Overall very positive experience (and really great value when you use one of the sales with a coupon, can't beat it). Thanks!
Neutral jasarthur
Brentwood, TN (Zone 6a)
July 23, 2014
I've had both good and bad experiences with Spring Hill. We ordered a lot (hundreds $$) this past spring. When some items did not survive, we were given either replacements or certificates with a minimum of hassle. That's the positive. The negative is that they don't update their online listings to accurately reflect actual inventory. My wife spent much time planning out her purchases based on color, size, etc. (she's a true landscape artist) and in a couple cases we were informed by email and postcard that the items sold were OUT OF STOCK! I told them this made all her planning a waste of time, and after a few emails, someone was nice enough to offer an apology and small credit. This is why I've chosen the "Neutral" rating. So the problem is not the nursery so much as the website. They really just need to upgrade their inventory system. I'm sure we'll buy from them again.
Negative kathryn2014
Sparks, NV
June 21, 2014
I went online to search for a "Water wiggler" for my birdbath. In my search, I found various sundry prices... including the lowest price $17.49 ..from none other than Spring Hill nursery. So naturally, I clicked on their ad due to the low price. ( which I am sure was what was intended) . Well, there it was the $17.49 price and I filled in all the blanks and submitted the order... only to have the page freeze and I never got a confirmation. Then, low and behold... I got a message from them in my email inbox stating that I had left something in my "shopping cart" and when I went back with the link provided in the body of the email... the price suddenly jumped sky high !! Nothing I was able to do changed it. However, a few hours later, and on a different computer, I found the price of $17.49 again and I successfully ordered the product. I got a confirmation of the order and a delivery date. Well, the delivery date came and went a long time ago. I emailed them and continually got a "mailer Daemon" stating the email address was bad. I called them and Finally after several attempts, reached someone ---who with his lackadaisical and nonchalant attitude told me the item was on "back order" as it wasn't in stock. I told him I was unhappy.. and that the delivery date was not honored and I told him about the email snafu and that their email address for customer service doesn't seem to be working.... and in his nonchalant ...no care voice... he said: " Is that so?" Well, I will just have to tell them " ....Then Spring Hill nursery sent me another order message.... putting off my order for another month at least....Also, they had on their website that I was to get some free plant food with my order which I haven't received either.... with no offers of any good will or recompense at all. You can be sure ..........this is the last order they ever get from me .......and I am thinking seriously of complaining to the Better Business bureau in Harrison Ohio.... their company headquarters.
Positive CarolMcKenzie
Irvine, KY
June 7, 2014
Spring Hill was my first experience ordering plants online and I was a little hesitant. But I'm on my fourth or fifth order with them now and most likely will continue ordering from them.

All the plants I've received have been alive and healthy, save one lily of the valley pip that didn't grow. The rest of the dozens of plants I've ordered are doing remarkably well, even the one or two I stuck in the wrong places in the garden.

I'm also impressed with their packaging methods. The plants are in individual cardboard containers sized for each plant, with a label, then placed in a box (minus any packing peanuts...big plus there). The plants can be jostled, dropped, shuffled...and they don't get damaged.

Regarding the dead lily of the valley...one email to the company resulted in a replacement, no questions asked. A conversation over a payment issue was resolved promptly by a CSR who was knowledgeable and helpful.

I have, as other comments mentioned, encountered the ever-changing shipping dates. I can't yet count that as a negative as it's not that important to me when I get the plants. I'm more interested in getting healthy plants.

I do have a large order of iris for the fall with a delivery date of September, which is appropriate for my region, and I'm curious now how those dates may change.
Negative LisaLoo99
Davenport, IA
May 4, 2014
As a previous poster describes, I have also been driven insane by a constantly moving ship/delivery date this spring. I have had to reschedule my landscape project and professional help twice now because of this and I have other materials rotting in the yard thanks to their delays.

They started by offering an estimated delivery date, and have continually pushed it back another week every time the current date gets near. I finally called last week and was told the plants should be available to ship "any day now" and that they were upgrading me to "rush" shipping at no charge -- they said my plants would arrive between 5/4 - 5/9. At 4:30 this morning, I got another email update with dates of 5/10 - 5/13. Very frustrating.

I used to order with them regularly, but their service has gone south in a big way. They've also been sitting on my money for several weeks now, too. Not a good experience at all.
Negative laurabrady2007
Stoughton, MA
April 28, 2014
At the beginning of April, I ordered some preplanned gardens and was really excited to start planting. I got an email with an estimated delivery date of 4/8 to 4/13. I got right to work prepping the area where the plants were to go.

April 13 came and went. I never got a follow-up email, but when I checked the website to see my order status, I was surprised to see that the delivery date had changed. Curious, I started checking the status every day, and the delivery date CHANGES EVERY DAY. It is now 5/1 to 5/6. No explanation.

I called customer service and waited on hold for 10 minutes (listening to music that skipped and repeated every 6 seconds--maddening). The person who answered could not hear me well and asked me to call back. I did not want to spend another 10 minutes on hold and asked if she could call me back. No. So I called again. Still a terrible connection (India?) and the woman who answered couldn't tell me anything different from what is on the website. I asked to speak to a supervisor. No. I asked why the order hadn't shipped yet. "I apologize for the inconvenience. It's not the right planting time." When will it ship? "I apologize for the inconvenience. That item is back ordered." WHAT? For how long? She put me on hold and never came back.

So I emailed customer service. The response was a new order confirmation with yet another estimated delivery date. Still no explanation of why the order kept being delayed.

So I tried customer chat. And had another frustrating scripted chat that just repeated what was on the website. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Again, No. So I decided to cancel my order and go elsewhere.

She told me that to cancel my order, I needed to call customer service! I'd rather bang my head against the wall.

If I ever do receive my plants, I'll amend my review to reflect my overall experience. Right now, I have to say that this company has the worst customer service I've encountered in quite some time.
Positive Juvilian
POSEY, CA
April 22, 2014
I was really nervous about placing a order from this company after reading all the bad reviews. I decided to order six Old Fashion Bleedind Heart plants that were on sale for a great price..... No problems..... Order arrived fast, packed well, and all six plants are doing great. I will definitely order again...
Negative laelfitz
Weed, CA
March 7, 2014
We ordered a small selection of plants in December: a hosta mix, a fern mix, an azalea and a reblooming lilac. They arrived today, having an initial shipping date of February 27th. They look like they took a road trip on the highway to hell. Words like 'bedraggled', 'miniscule', and 'desiccated' come to mind while flashbacks to Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree race through my head.
Positive CHLOE777
Greenville, SC
January 2, 2014
My experience with Spring Hill has always been positive but a year ago I ordered a special they offered online for 3 Cranberry Cotton Easter plants for the price of one.
I ordered and receceived one plant. After calling and complaining about the order and sending them a copyof the original offer they agreed to send me two additional plants which I planted April , 2013.As the plants grew I noticed very large growths on the Cotton Easter, which are now about 10 ft. tall . It appears that the Cotton Easter was grafted with an Althea or Rose of Sharon. I am waiting for summer to see what I have.
I contacted Spring Hill about this but got no reply. I will be surprised and maybe do some pruning and replacement. THANKS
Positive lsm1
Williamstown, MA (Zone 5a)
November 21, 2013
I've been, for the most part, happy with this company. The plants have arrived in good shape and the ones that did not were promptly replaced. The only minuses were an order that was cancelled due to out of stock (and money returned) even though I ordered very early in the season. I typically don't like their junk mail, with very tempting pictures and the offer for credit "get flowers now but pay later", I never tried it, but it sounds like a trap. They used to have truly great prices, but recently (1 year?) their prices became more expensive (and I think they also have less variety, but this is not a scientific evaluation).
Negative Jimjeangarden
Allegan, MI
November 11, 2013
I received a mailing from Spring Hill Nursery in July, 2013 which was an offer for over 50% off reblooming daylilies as well as other perennial plants. I showed this to two of my co-workers as they really enjoy gardening as well and they decided to order as well. I sent in the offer that was "pay nothing now, we will bill you later." In late August I received a letter that basically stated I did not have enough "credit" to place the order. One of my co-workers then found other plants to put in her garden and so I figured I would just let it go as my portion of the order was small, so I did nothing to pursue the order. On November 9th I received a box of 20 daylilies and was surprised, to say the least! First of all, it snowing here in Michigan and the plants probably have no chance to survive! I called the customer service and was displeased as the person I talked with spoke broken English. I told her to be certain to cancel the items that showed on back order on the packing slip and I explained to her what happened and I was not happy. She put me on hold for almost 7 minutes and when she came back on the line she just simply stated someone would contact me within 3 days. After hanging up the phone I decided to investigate reviews of this company. Just as I thought, others had received orders in November in Michigan and their plants did not survive as they didn't have time to adapt. After reading several reviews and also feeling as though she did NOT cancel the rest of that initial order, I called back. I spoke with another person who spoke a little better English. I once again explained my situation and I specifically asked her if the previous representative, in fact, cancelled the remaining part of the order. She said she just cancelled it and no, the previous representative had not cancelled it. When I explained to her that I had received a letter that stated the order was not placed and that I did not have enough "credit," she stated that they saw I had placed an order with Michigan Bulb Company and decided to give me the "credit" and went ahead with the order. I was quite upset and told her I never received a letter stating anything to that fact and I am not paying for plants delivered in November in Michigan! She then stated she would "balance off" the bill and cancel the rest of the order. I asked her what "balance off" meant, she said I would owe "zero." I then proceeded to ask for an email confirming this, she said I will receive that in 24 to 48 hours. We will see if I actually receive that email! I know I will never order with Spring Hill again!
Company representative comment on November 16, 2013:
On Nov 16, 2013 2:34 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

We appreciate your feedback. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and make sure your account is taken care of.

Negative immigrant_punk
Pittsburgh, PA
August 31, 2013
Posted on October 6, 2012, updated August 31, 2013
Posted on June 11, 2010, updated October 6, 2012
I ordered a pile of plants. The order acknowledgement they emailed didn't list the plants or the total, which it said I could see online. Shoulda printed it out. They took the money from my account.
A couple of weeks later they emailed saying two of the plants were shipping. They arrived. Then they said another was shipping and it arrived. Both OK condition, but the dates bore no relation to the dates on the website. And the order numbers were different.
I'd also ordered from Gurney's and emailed THEM to find out when my order from them would ship - and got an email back from Spring Hill! They said that some had been shipped (yes), one plant was on its way (arrived, and an OK plant) and the other two would arrive in August and October. I had a look on the website, and it stated that both would arrive in August, and a tree, the last thing in the order, would be shipped in June. Today I got a card saying that the tree was out of stock. I went to have a look at the website and tried to get my order history up - there is nothing there, not even my two other outstanding plants. I have been charged for the tree which I am not now getting. I have emailed them and got an automated response along the lines of "your call is important to us".
Given other comments here, they obviously haven't a clue about what stock they hold, and must make a lot of money from interest. I assume this will get a response along the lines of "Thankyou, a representative will be in touch" but I don't want a representative, I want the plants I paid for in a timely manner, and I want my money back for the tree.
On October 6th, 2012, immigrant_punk added the following:

OK, should have known better but they had what looked like a good offer of irises earlier this year. I ordered and was told they'd arrive in September. They did, but the order was short. I emailed them and they said OK, we'll send the missing plants by September 2013!!! I emailed back and asked why on earth I would ever buy again from a company that takes 15 months to fulfil a small order. The reply: I can confirm you will get tyour replacement by end of September, thank you for shopping with us. Since I have noot received the replacement, they obviously were confirming it would not be until 2013.
I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are massively incompeten rather than dishonest, but I certainly will not use them again. I just hope they send thee remaining order next year, but I have my doubts.
On August 31st, 2013, immigrant_punk added the following:

I was right to doubt. They sent a check and said they're out of stock. Yet they're in stock on the website. And they knew this was one order to complete so shouldn't they have set them aside?
Company representative comment on June 14, 2010:
On Jun 14, 2010 12:26 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to post. We appreciate the feedback to better serve our customers. A customer service representative will be contacting you for your account information to check on your order for you.

Negative brianaucuba
PEQUEA, PA
August 8, 2013
Posted on August 6, 2013, updated August 8, 2013
Posted on July 11, 2013, updated August 6, 2013
I hated to see this company and its affiliates go downhill so badly. I had been ordering from Spring Hill since the early 1980s when I was a teenager. They had offered orders on approval back then -- you did not have to pay for anything until you received your plants. Orders on approval went away with occasional exceptions for promotional sales. Unfortunately in 2012 I was being invoiced for plants on approval even though I had not received them yet. I also received invoices that were postmarked after their due date. I had some plants that were marked on back order even though they were still being advertised as available. I tried to contact Spring Hill to straighten out the invoicing and was told that I would be re-invoiced. Never happened. I tried to order a few more plants for the following fall on approval and was denied. I called again to take care of the balance that was never re-invoiced, cancel my fall order, and to have myself deleted from their customer file. I will never order from Spring Hill again after thirty years of loyalty was trodden upon.

On August 6th, 2013, brianaucuba added the following:

It has been about three weeks since my initial post. I received
a Dmail from Spring Hill's customer service requesting my account number so they can investigate. After a little digging I found my account number and replied. As of today the only reply that I received was an invitation to order anything I wanted on approval. No thanks, I don't want the aggravation of their haphazard billing. Since my initial complaint was not dealt with I doubt Spring Hill's corporate culture has changed. I stand by my initial rating.
On August 8th, 2013, brianaucuba added the following:

I sent my account number via Dmail to Spring Hill in response to their comments of July 16th on the same day. I even sent it to the attention of their representative, assuming it was not just a pseudonym that the whole department uses. I re-sent my account number yesterday, August 7th, also via Dmail. I even checked with Dave's Garden Admin to make sure my Dmails were done correctly.
Company representative comment on August 7, 2013:
On Jul 16, 2013 11:08 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

I apologize for the problems you have had with our company. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information so we can check your account and figure out what the problem might be.

On Aug 7, 2013 2:32 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) added:

Dear Customer, I have checked our D-Mail and we do not have a reply from you. Could you resend your information to us.

Negative MyaSanna
Oshkosh, WI
July 23, 2013
I live in a northern United States climate. We get frost late September and early October. It is beyond me why companies who should know about plants are insistent on sending their products a day or two before harsh weather. There is insufficient time for the plants to even get over the shock of transplanting and chances are, they die. Sure I could get a refund, go through all that bother, monkeying around back and forth....but the whole sense tells anyone to first be decent to the original plants! If a person orders way early in June, then a certain amount of time should be allowed for the clearing of the payment check, but then once the payment is made, then the company should send the product----way before winter!

Purposeful delay is what I was experiencing again from this company, SpringHill. I emailed and ask for delivery of my early order, but they knew better,of course, and wanted to send the plants right before harsh weather. I cancelled my order with them then. I will never do business with this mail order....nor any other mail order again!

So, the next time I get these beautiful advertising pictures in the mail, I won't even open them up. They will just go in the recycle.
Company representative comment on July 23, 2013:
On Jul 23, 2013 11:23 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for your posting and for expressing your concern over the shipping timeframe. Your order will be received at the proper time for fall planting in your area. Unfortunately we are unable to ship your order any sooner. Our orders are shipped on a first in first out basis, in coordination with your zone opening date and the availability of mature plants. Also, as our plants are not shipped in climate controlled vehicles, weather conditions may not be conducive for shipping any sooner. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information.

Positive angelmei
Columbus, OH
July 4, 2013
I have been buying from SpringHill Nurseries for a few years now, and am shocked to see so many poor reviews. I've bought perennials, annuals and bulbs from their online store yearly, and although their prices can be a little steep, they have selection that I cannot find at my local nurseries.

My plants are typically packaged well and do not lose their way during shipping; it usually comes in 2 days tops from the time I get a confirmed shipping notice email from the company. Usually ships FedEx or with some trackable shipping agent.

Their company fares much better than the other online companies I've tried; at least with SpringHill, they have gotten my plant selections correctly, and the plants are in good condition (dormant/bareroot plants never look spectacular from any mail order company, but with SpringHill, the bags are very moist and well packaged when arrived - and the plants actually grow).

This year, I bought Younique Astibles, phlox and a Tulip tree from SpringHill. They are all flourishing - the first year, I always expect the Astibles to be small, non-flowering as they start bareroot and dormant (as my lavender ones that I bought and planted were last year), but the following year, they come back out large, beautiful with nice lavender blooms. I expect the same with the pink ones I ordered this year.

I've already placed an order for Tulip bulbs in the fall - needed a coupon, though, to have their prices beat the other competitors in the field, but ultimately went with SpringHill because I've worked with them before.

In the past few years, I've asked them to replace 2 items, I think they were trees, and they have done that promptly and without much ado. I've had no concerns with this company at all.
Company representative comment on July 5, 2013:
On Jul 5, 2013 2:18 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for you feedback concerning our plants. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. If you ever have any problems at all just let us know and we will gladly take care of it.

Positive kytti
Liberty, NC
June 27, 2013
I placed an order with Spring Hill Nursery on 6-18. Later found this website with all the reviews and wondered if I was going to have a bad experience.
Received a shipping notice on 6-20 and the plants arrived on 6-24. So I have no complaints there. The hibiscus was dormant but a very nice size for the price. The bonus hen and chicks were free. Will see how they grow.
Company representative comment on June 28, 2013:
On Jun 28, 2013 10:11 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for sharing your experience with our company. If you ever have any problems with your order just let us know and we will make it right. Happy Gardening!

Negative jbird257
Bristol, CT
June 23, 2013
Placed my order on 4/26/2013 got part of the order at the end of May and I am still waiting for the rest of my order which was supposed to be here by 6/21/2013, it's now 6/23/2013. E-mailed customer service and asked when I was going to get the FREE Delilah bulbs that I was offered with my order, NO RESPONSE!!!! filled out their survey and stated my total dissatisfaction with their service, at the end I was asked if I wanted a e-mail response and again I received NO RESPONSE!!! what a waste of time and money. If I ever get the rest of my order(which I'm not counting on) the growing season will have ended. You get a lot of bull s**t e-mails about how your order is next in line but it never ships.
Company representative comment on June 25, 2013:
On Jun 25, 2013 10:00 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

I apologize that you have not received a response to your emails and the problems with your order. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and take care of this for you.

Negative codysauer
Genola, MN
June 13, 2013
I placed my original order on 4/26/13, 3 days after the shipping opened up for my zone (4/23-6/7). I place and order ranging from trees, perennials, and grape vines. All the items said they were in stock, so I hopefully expected to receive my items fairly quick, at the latest June 7th. Over the course of a month an a half I received various emails stating my items were being processed, by this time my order had been split up into 4 orders, 3 shipping out at different times and 1 ended up being delayed until the next season, spring 2014. From 4/26/13, when I had gotten my order confirmation email, until 5/20/13 I did not hear a word from them, until finally I gotten an email some of my order was to ship, and dates the rest would ship. After receiving 12 emails from 5/20-6/12 changing shipping dates multiple times I finally had shipping confirmations for my 4 supposed shipments that were stated to be delivered; 5/23-5/25, 5/31-6/2, 6/9-6/11, and spring 2014. Over this course of time I assumed that the shipments were again delayed which is why I had not received them yet and eventually I would get them. Yesterday, 6/12, I gave up called the company to cancel my order I had enough waiting, planting season is over for the most part, according the the customer service rep. all of my order except 1 plant, the one now due to arrive a year after ordering it, had shipped and I should had received my plants. I then looked at all the shipping emails I received and my shipping address had magically changed from West Fargo, ND 58078 to Fargo, ND 58102. I looked at my original order confirmation from 4/26 and my address is stated as West Fargo not Fargo, so it was not a mistake I had made, Spring Hill had changed my address and sent my plants to somebody else. If I had not looked or called I would be out of $220, I am still stuck with a large plot of dirt/weeds in the middle of my yard where I had planed on planting my order. The only, so far, positive thing is my order was refunded without question, but I have still yet to see the money refund on my bank account, which could take a few days, we'll see. OVERALL DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY OR THEIR ASSOCIATES, PAY MORE AND BUY FROM A LOCAL NURSERY. YOU WILL WASTE AN EXTREME AMOUNT OF TIME WITH THIS COMPANY AND END UP WITH AN EMPTY GARDEN. Some people have had success and some haven't, don't take the risk. Your local nursery will do everything to make sure you leave a satisfied customer.

Company representative comment on June 14, 2013:
On Jun 14, 2013 12:54 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

I apologize for the problems you had with your order. I would be happy to have this looked into. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information.

Positive debbie053
Beverly Hills, CA
May 31, 2013
To whom it may concern:

I wanted to take this opportunity to write about my experience with Spring
hill, but specifically about Andy who proved to be a God-send. I am a
cancer victim and i have no fear saying this just because of the hope and
speciality given by that Representative to me....

I will die after couple Of weeks as i am on last stage. I called to order some plants...i love my garden and i can see myself dying but not my plants..my plants died this year and i told
the same thing to that angel,firstly he gave me such a great empathy and
hope about my cancer and gave me strenth to pass my day till the time I
die..he said miracle does happen and He gave me an hope that i can still
overcome this evil...now After attempting to work with him on my reshipment
he gave to me for the plants that died last Year he gave me couple Of good
suggestions...he gave Me deduction in my payment for my new order too, From
the initial phone contact to our very last conversation he was
professional, knowledgeable, available and quick to respond and yet kind ,
supportive and loving. Most of all he helped me to keep my usually calm
demeanor and to remain hopeful towards my plants and my cancer

Because of his guidance through the first failed attempt on previous call
well as the second successful call with him, I am now back on track with my
hope and have peace of mind for the days i am going to live. His patience
and understanding was greatly appreciated.He is an angel...to be honest i
hated talking to some indian agents on the phone,but He proved me wrong and i asked him his Indian name so he said it is Premdeep Sing,i dont know if i spelled it correctly.....
I wish i could meet him but he Is too far and i do not Have enough time,at
last If he is a representative of how every representative should be and even entire staff operates, I will
refer my friends, family and colleagues to springhill company before i die.

Due to my medical tests my only regret is not acknowledging sooner the
outstanding level of assistance and guidance which was given by this
shining star, Andy.

"Love you andy! I am glad i got to talk to you"

Company representative comment on June 4, 2013:
On Jun 4, 2013 1:50 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for sharing your experience you had with Andy and our company. Sending our most fervent wishes for your health and comfort.

Negative rachel713
Franklin, IN
May 30, 2013
Posted on May 19, 2013, updated May 30, 2013
Posted on May 16, 2013, updated May 19, 2013
This is my first year planting a complete flower garden. I've had a potted plant now and again, but now that I live in the country and can have the garden I really want, I decided to give it a go. I went with Spring Hill because they had very good prices. Much better than anything nearby, including the home improvement store garden center. So far I am beyond disappointed. I ordered spring growing shade perennials in early April. Admittedly, it is a bit cold in April sometimes, but even my local grocery store had the plants I ordered out on the sidewalk already, so I felt safe in going ahead with my order. It has been nearly six weeks now and I have nothing to show for it, even though my payment was processed immediately. I have received shipping confirmation emails stating that my plants were on their way to me, but I have received nothing in the way of actual plants. I contacted customer service via email, and it took two days to hear back. All they could say was that my plants had shipped and had been delivered, but they couldn't tell me where they'd been delivered to. I suppose I could chalk this up to a learning experience, but I was so looking forward to having a real garden for the first time and since I spent about $150 I don't think I'll be letting this go.
On May 19th, 2013, rachel713 added the following:

Had to add this. I won't be changing my rating since I am still unsatisfied, but here's an update. I heard back from customer care and was offered a re-ship on my order. The problem is, I was told they are out of stock on some of the things I ordered and that I would have to wait until spring of 2014 to receive them. I told them to cancel my order and issue a refund. They could only do this for part of my order though. Apparently since my initial order had shipped in multiple parts and the other shipments are still in processing they could not be cancelled. So I should be seeing a refund for the first part. I did receive a small portion of my order but it was completely wrong. I ordered several valentine bleeding heart plants, but the package that arrived contained a few pathetic looking bare-root daylilies and a note explaining that the stock of bleeding hearts had been exhausted and that the bare-roots would look wonderful in my garden. Next year. Notice that they sent daylily roots and not bleeding heart roots. They were in small bags with a handful of dirt and had labels that said "bleeding heart" slapped on over the labels that read "daylily." I did some research and they are in fact daylilies. Not at all what I ordered. Not even close. I'll be getting a refund for those as well. I will update again assuming I ever receive the remainder of my order or if I have to ask for yet another refund.
On May 30th, 2013, rachel713 added the following:

I *finally* received the remainder of my order and it left me wishing I could rate this company something worse than negative. I live in the country and my house is surrounded by mature trees that provide lots of shade, so I made it a point to order things that would thrive, or at least tolerate, partial shade. The remainder of my order was supposed to contain a grab-bag of shade perennials. Well, I got some plants all right but not one of them was a shade perennial. They might have been labeled as such, but someone who obviously doesn't know jack about plants put those labels on. When I did my own research, the plants they sent ended up needing at least 6 hours of sun a day. Pretty sure that's considered a full-sun plant, and my walnut trees aren't going to let that much sun through.On top of that, I had also ordered a collection of bare-root ferns. I ended up with a few bags full of fern roots that were growing around each other and a hot tangled up mess. I have since requested, and received, a full refund but that does not in any way make me happy. It is now moving in to a hot and humid mid-western summer so it looks like I'll be waiting for fall and next spring to start my garden after all. So disappointed. Do not spend your garden budget at this nursery.
Company representative comment on May 18, 2013:
On May 18, 2013 10:12 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for letting us know about the problem with your order. I apologize for all your inconvenience. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and take care of this for you.

Positive Schwager
Pueblo, CO
May 29, 2013
I was very hesitant to order from them based upon reviews, but was having trouble finding what I wanted elsewhere. I received me dutchman's Pipe without issue and it is doing well.
Company representative comment on May 29, 2013:
On May 29, 2013 2:13 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for sharing we appreciate your post. Happy Gardening!

Negative pmckay
Longwood, FL
May 23, 2013
I ordered 6 plants 4 of which were different perennials, on May 16th. Since this was the first time I used Spring Hill, I went into the FAQ's about shipping and saw that their website said items would ships in 10-14 days. Total days - not business days.

Well last Sunday (19th) I finally get some time to get my finance counted and check some email when I see that Spring Hill charged be the amount for my plants on the day I ordered it. Being that I planned on the money coming out it was no big deal, I was just excited because I believed that meant I they shipped the plants. 10 minutes later, I get to the email that tells me Spring Hill will be shipping my plants 05/27 to 06/30. Which according to their website and email, is a few days passed the shipping time for my zone, and passed the 14 days of when I should be receiving my plants.

The next day I sent an email to Spring Hill, expressing my anger and wanting an explanation as to why this will be taking so long. No reply

Yesterday (May 22) I was checking my email and saw an email from Spring Hill saying information on my account has changed. Imagine my disappointment when the email changed the shipping to 06/04 to 06/27. WTF. I was beyond myself.

After locating their Customer Service Number, I was even angrier when the idiot on the other line said things like, "Well I don't know why but, ummm I can't explain it right, but like the season is not really the season." Yep that was what I got after asking why plants were being delayed. Oh he also said that 1 of the plants were delayed. When asking about the charge on my account when they haven't even shipped yet, he said that was the policy for the 15 companies they support.

Things didn't get better when the supervisor Paula got on the phone. One she said that the website is wrong it is supposed to say 14 business days and 3 to 4 weeks, which didn't make sense. Then she informs me that 3 my items are on back order so I will only get 1 of my orders between the 7 to 27th of June. To not make this longer. I bitched then asked for a refund. She was supposed to send me an email in regards to the refund and my order being cancelled today, but still no email.

By the way, the 15 companies they support are all owned by Gardens Alive who is said to own many of the other online nurseries. They are supposed to be linked with Scarlet Tanager, LLC who also owns a bunch of flowers stores.

BEWARE of them they SUCK!

Company representative comment on May 29, 2013:
On May 29, 2013 2:23 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

We appreciate your post. I apologize for the problem you had with your order and the way our customer service handled it. I will have one of our customer service supervisors contact you for your account information.

Negative mjeanl
Abington, MA
May 23, 2013
I ordered 1 small bareroot redbud tree and about 10 pks of small potted pansies, also some plant food, in the middle of April 2013. They sent 3 pk's of the pansies and plant food AFTER 3 WEEKS. 3 weeks later they sent a shipping notice for a few more of the plants and I haven't got them yet. Supposedly the rest of order is to ship end of June. They stated all items were in stock, why are they shipped separately??? and what is taking so long? I have ordered from at least 5 other internet companies that have shipped everything within 2 weeks. I will never buy from them again!
Company representative comment on May 23, 2013:
On May 23, 2013 10:55 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for letting us know about the delay with the shipping of your order. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and check on your order for you.

Positive gandyman33
Saint Louis, MO
May 21, 2013
Posted on April 8, 2013, updated May 21, 2013
Posted on May 21, 2012, updated April 8, 2013
I must admit that I was reluctant to order after seeing the many negative comments but I thought I take a chance because of the really good sale price of orange trees offered. Springhill charged my credit card immediately and perhaps ten days later I received confirmation that my order had been shipped. I was not impressed with the method of shipping - they used UPS and USPS, which for the life of my I can't understand. The plants were very healthy and much bigger than I anticipated. I am pleased with the transaction and glad that I don't have to post negative feedback. I would take a chance with them again if the price was right!
On April 8th, 2013, gandyman33 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

Spring Hill does a massive advertising campaign in the spring (I receive an email special just about everyday!). The problem with this is that they are extremely overwhelmed and behind on filling orders. They are so short staffed that the customer service representative are not native English speakers subsequently customer service is less than ideal (a scripted conversation). I called to check on the status of my two orders (3/19 and 4/4) and was told that it would ship at the appropriate time for my zone, the end of April although my credit card was charged immediately after placing the order. I told him that this was unacceptable and that I wanted my plants shipped immediately and that now was the time to starting planting in my zone. He said he would put a rush on my delivery, which is what he probably tells everyone who calls. I am very frustrated and disappointed with Spring Hill's customer service and if you want you plants immediately be prepared to wait until "the proper planting time for your zone" or shop elsewhere.
On May 21st, 2013, gandyman33 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Earlier this Spring I was fustrated at the inability to get my items shipped promptly. SpringHill heard my complaint and took positive action to get my plants delivered. Plants arrived in good condition and a couple of the passion flower plants were a lot bigger than I expected. Of particular note is the outstanding level of customer service I received from Donna (many thanks!). I won't hesistate to order from SpringHill in the future although I have run out of space in my garden/jungle...
Company representative comment on April 10, 2013:
On May 22, 2012 10:20 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Enjoy your trees!

On Apr 10, 2013 9:11 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) added:

Thank you for your posting. We are able to put orders on a rush for customers to help their order ship as soon as the items are available. We do ship our items according to the USDA zone openings. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and check on your order for you.

Positive grammyjoan
Berkeley Heights
United States
May 21, 2013
What a great company to work with!!! I ordered 6 bearded iris last spring. They arrived in time for the proper fall planting time and were in excellent condition. Unfortunately a rough winter and only 3 survived. I called SpringHill this morning and within minutes a new order was submitted to replace the 3 lost iris. The representative was fantastic. I did not have my order number or the exact names of the iris, but this rep. found my order I was even offered a refund if I so desired. Needless to say this is my catalog of choice. Thank you Spring Hlll for great product and great customer service.
Company representative comment on May 21, 2013:
On May 21, 2013 1:45 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for sharing! I am happy we were able to take care of this for you and enjoy your Iris.

Negative tempduke
Cary, NC
May 20, 2013
Like many others here, I have experienced bad service from Spring Hill. I have bought plants from them in the past and had been happy with their service, until now. On May 1, 2013, I placed an order and was charged immediately for it. I emailed the company on May 7th asking for a status and I am yet to get a response. I called customer service (which is in Philippines) and like other customers, had a very difficult time understanding them. All he could do was keep repeating a script saying that it would ship during the shipping schedule for my zone (my zone is 7B and shipping schedule is 3/4 to 6/7). When I asked for the dates, he indicated that it would ship 6/3 to 6/23, which is way off from the shipping schedule for my zone. I asked to speak to manager and was refused. I wish I had known of this website prior to my order.
As can be expected, I will not shop with them any more and will look to take appropriate action to get my money refunded

Company representative comment on May 21, 2013:
On May 21, 2013 1:44 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for your post. I apologize for the problems you are having with the shipping of your order. The Philippines are an over flow call center we use during our busy season so we can take care of all our customers. I will have one of our customer service representatives contact you for your account information and check on your order for you.

Positive jstrutz
Willmar, MN
May 17, 2013
I have been with Spring Hill for 2 years. This year i had 7 that didn't survive the winter. All were replaced plus i received a R O on some. All were in excellent condition when received.This year i ordered over $500.00 from Spring Hill. They all arrived in a timely manner and were in excellent condition. I am very pleased with Spring Hill. They are always very helpful when i call,and very friendly on the phone. i am so happy i chose Spring Hill to order shrubs and flowers from and i would highly recommend them and i do. Thank you so much Spring Hill and i will continue to order from you. Thank you, Jim Strutz , Willmar Mn.
Company representative comment on May 18, 2013:
On May 18, 2013 10:17 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our company. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post. Happy Gardening!

Negative duchess56
Bonneau, SC
May 15, 2013
Posted on May 10, 2013, updated May 15, 2013
I ordered Lilly of the Valley and it took 3 weeks to get them. On May 1, I had another order which I have yet to receive. I sent an email....no response. I called and course their "customer service" is a call center in a third world country. I could not understand most of what he said. But essentially it amounted to you will receive your order by the end of May. Totally unacceptable. He then stated he could put a "rush" on it. To date the order shows "in processing" what a joke of a company, never again.
On May 15th, 2013, duchess56 added the following:

and sooooo it continues.....after finally getting an email from these people, saying "give me the order number and I will personally look into it." Nothing, nada, zilch.
Company representative comment on May 11, 2013:
On May 11, 2013 10:52 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

We appreciate you letting us know about the problem with your order. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and take care of this for you.

Negative JoyceAMiller
South Charleston, WV
May 15, 2013
I have been a customer of Springhill for over 10 years. Since the company was taken over I have had trouble. I ordered a variety of Foxglove but 95% of them were pink so I phoned them and asked them if garden soil pH had anything to do with it. I was assured that was not the case and was resent the order. Again, they came up pink so I gave up. Then another time I ordered a variety of Iris that I liked in reds and oranges to offset all this pink I had in my garden. Instead of contacting me about not having certain varieties they chose what they wanted to send me. Most of which were dull, ugly reds and not the vibrant ones I had chosen. I also noticed on a recent order that they will guarantee the plant for one year instead of the lifetime guarantee they used to offer. So with the high cost of their plants and the new guarantee I guess it must be time to find another nursery.
Neutral hornetstingme
Posted on September 2, 2012, updated September 10, 2012
Posted on August 20, 2012, updated September 2, 2012
Posted on August 16, 2012, updated August 20, 2012
Posted on August 8, 2012, updated August 16, 2012
A few years ago I ordered a collection of three Japanese Iris. I paid $30..00 plus shipping for Three root starts. A red one called Shogun, A purple one, and a Yellow one. They sent me some very tiny starts. This is the first year they bloomed.

They were all Louisiana Irises that were the same yellow color with a thin blossom. None of them were the plants I paid for.

I purchased them under a lifetime guarantee but I don't have record of the order number so the customer service rep said there was nothing she could do.
On August 16th, 2012, hornetstingme changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Dear Customer,

I was able to locate your account and found the order for the Japanese Iris. Unfortunately the iris are no longer available so I have issued a replacement certificate which you can use for any of our merchandise. The certificate will be in the amount of 19.99. Let me know if you need anything else.

Donna

Thank You Spring Hill.
On August 20th, 2012, hornetstingme added the following:

I received an email stating that they no longer offered those japanese iris plants and so they said they sent me a certificate valued at 19.99 to purchase another plant of my choosing.

A week later I have not received any certificate in the mail. I'm still waiting.
On September 2nd, 2012, hornetstingme changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Spring Hill said they did not carry the plants and issued me a replacement certificate for $19.99.

Then they sent me one for $13.99

The plant collection was more then twice that plus shipping.

Since shipping is $7.00 it and Spring Hill doesn't offer any Japanese Iris for less than $15.00 for 1. It will cost me $8.00 to order just 1 Japanese Iris. Their ad said the collection was under warrantee. I can buy a pot of 10 Japanese Iris from the local nursursy.

On September 10th, 2012, hornetstingme added the following:

Buyer beware.

They said they would send me a certificate for 19.99

The one they sent was 13.99
On May 14th, 2013, hornetstingme changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Last year I ordered tall bearded iris from Spring Hill's Iris Lover's Catalog. I was worried about my order after the Japanese iris bloomed and were not true to name....but...

The German Bearded Iris bloomed this Spring and all of them are true to name, color, height, bloom time, and image.

I would be o.k. with ordering German Bearded Iris from Spring Hill again.
On May 14th, 2013, hornetstingme changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Company representative comment on August 14, 2012:
On Aug 14, 2012 1:02 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for your posting. I will have one of our customer service representatives contact you for your account information and locate your order and have these reshipped to you.

Negative BvrCtyGardener
Monaca, PA
May 14, 2013
Altho I always hesitate to dis a company, not much choice here. Despite reviews on Watchdog, I ordered from Spring Hill because I'd recently spoken to a fellow gardner who had a good experience.

But today I cancelled both my orders (placed May 2nd and May 13th) for the following reasons:

1 - Since the website immediately confirmed my order, I was led to believe all plants were in stock. When my order confirmation returned later, it noted that one of my plants, a common groundcover, would not be shipped until September.

2 - My charge card was charged immediately on order, even for the plants that would not be shipped until Sept.

3 - When I called to ask if my second order could be combined with my first to save on shipping (order 1 had not gone out yet) I was told it could not be done.

4 - After emailing my concerns with a request that someone contact me and "make me a happy customer" Spring Hill advised they had not received my email.

I cancelled both orders. When I was asked why, I gave the above reasons and added that, because I could have gotten my groundcovers locally, I did not want to lose a year of growth to find out that maybe the plants would not take the following spring. Also Spring Hill hadn't gotten my email. What if long about September my plants never arrived and I had to depend on their cooperation to resolve the problem? Earlier, I was willing to accept that they would not combine my order for 5 little plants. I started doubting Spring Hill's reliability on company policy AND customer service.

I'm sure my friend DID have a good experience and meant well in suggesting them to me. The proof is in the compost - they did not make me a happy customer. And the unfortunate thing is, I seem to be part of the majority now, and am compelled to de-recommend Spring Hill.

But I can say, Spring Hill Nursery agents who took my calls were polite and good listeners, and tried to take action - even though the only successful action was to cancel my order.

In closing, believe all these WatchDog reviews. Spring Hill is now on my "red" list until improvements in their company policies and practices convince me otherwise.
Neutral msanderton
Greybull, WY (Zone 4a)
May 13, 2013
Back in the fall, I ordered a black knight butterfly bush. It claimed it would be viable in my zone (4a) yet now I see conflicting information on their website - it lists both zones 4-9 and 5-9. So I guess I have my fingers crossed.

The plant shipped at the appropriate time this spring, but it took 8 days to get here, and when I got it, it was sodden and half dead. I called customer service and was immediately issued a new plant and requested expedited shipping, even if I had to pay extra. I ended up not being charged for it.

The new order took a while to process, but it arrived within a reasonable amount of time after shipping. This plant was much bigger and healthier. I have both in the ground now - I'm trying to nurse the first one back to health - and we'll see how they survive a Wyoming winter...I'll be mulching them heavily in the fall so hopefully at least the new one will make it.

I'm calling this neutral because they have remedied the problem, but have conflicting info on their site and their initial shipment was substandard.
Negative woof12
Philadelphia, PA
May 13, 2013
What's with this company? Theie operators don't seem to know alot& they sent my order a little to early. I don't know if their plants will make it???
Negative OldWrangler
Spring, TX
May 13, 2013
I ordered 4 plants from Spring Hills and when they didn't come in 6 weeks, I just gave up and forgot about it. I hadn't paid them anything so nothing ventured, nothing lost. Then this week in the mail I get a dun notice. It says the plants were shipped 2 weeks ago. Not only did the plants not come but they were invoicing me for double what the plants were worth. Now everybody knows there are no businesses that ship their product without it being paid for. I wrote back for them to "stuff it". I have not yet received any answer and don't expect to. These folks will sell your address to anyone and are tied in with other scam companies like Mich. Bulb. Avoid these people like the plague.
Negative mauman
Greenwood, IN
May 12, 2013
I ordered four different plants from Spring Hill. Despite being initially "in stock" on their website, ordering over the phone I was told that they were all on back order and would ship last week of April or first week of May. On May 10, I got one of the four plants. The final 3 were to come the next week. I then received an email that 2 more plants would come in 3 weeks, but my Wisteria would NOT COME UNTIL OCTOBER - and this plant was ordered in April!. Worse yet - they charge when ordered, NOT WHEN SHIPPED LIKE ALMOST ALL OTHER NURSERIES. I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH A MAIL ORDER NURSERY Their customer service is truly reprehensible, and I would advise everyone to shop elsewhere - avoid this company like the plague. I will be reporting them to the BBB and negative reviews elsewhere if this issue is not resolved.
Positive RebeccaLynn
Winston Salem, NC (Zone 7a)
May 11, 2013
Posted on March 3, 2012, updated April 8, 2012
Posted on September 27, 2011, updated March 3, 2012
Posted on June 18, 2011, updated September 27, 2011
Posted on August 28, 2009, updated June 18, 2011
I ordered bareroot double hollyhock plants in the spring of 2008. They did not come to life during the growing season, so I called SpringHill. They said to give them more time. I called again in late spring of 2009 and requested live plants to replace the bareroot ones. They refused, but did send me a credit certificate for 12.99. In the past I have had good experiences with their small potted double hollyhocks.
On June 18th, 2011, RebeccaLynn added the following:

I feel that dealing with Spring Hill is like riding a roller coaster. I placed an order with Spring Hill on May 31, 2011 during their "Memorial Day Sale." The Non-Stop Begonias, Loyalist Hostas, and Border Dahlias were advertised for spring delivery. The order was confirmed and my credit card charged. I was excited about the prospect of seeing these beautiful plants in my summer garden. The dahlias arrived promptly. About two and a half weeks later I was notified that the begonias were out-of-stock and not available, and the hostas would be delivered in October 2011. If I had known this from the get-go, I would have bought my plants LOCALLY, and they would be in my garden NOW. I will get over my disappointment in time. Hope springs eternal, and I will probably order from Spring Hill again. I am an optimist at heart.
On September 27th, 2011, RebeccaLynn added the following:

The hostas arrived today. They are small dry root (dormant)plants. I will plant them tomorrow and hope for the best.
On March 3rd, 2012, RebeccaLynn changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I planted the hosta roots promptly, and three of them had tiny leaves poking up though the earth by early November. I'm hoping they will all show themselves and flourish this spring!

In January 2012 I ordered two Sorbet Peonies. The bareroots arrived on March 1st. They were already beginning to show signs of new growth, and I planted them today, March 3rd. I have high hopes for my most recent SpringHill purchases, so I'm changing my rating to positive.
On April 8th, 2012, RebeccaLynn changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

The Loyalist Hostas (bare root) that I ordered in May 2011 which were delivered in September 2011 have emerged from the ground. While I am pleased that they are alive and are growing, I am disappointed that they are not actually Loyalty Hostas, but some other variety. Today I ordered Loyalty Hostas from hostasdirect.com. They are a top-rated davesgarden company. I am looking forward to seeing Loyalty Hostas in my woodland garden by summertime.
On April 11th, 2012, RebeccaLynn changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Donna, a customer service representative from Spring Hill, sent me a message offering to ship me real Loyalty Hostas because the six that were sent to me were not really Loyalty. She said that Loyalty Hostas would not be availabe for shipment until this fall. I said I would like that. I also sent her a photo of one my "pseudo Loyalty Hostas," which some of my davesgarden friends have tentatively identified as Lionheart Hosta. I have changed my rating to positive, as I anticipate receiving the Loyalty plants this coming fall.
On April 21st, 2012, RebeccaLynn added the following:

Today I received 6 bareroot Loyalty Hostas from Spring Hill. I am pleased that they are of a good size and appear healthy. Tomorrow they will go in the ground. I am very happy that Spring Hill sent them now. They had indicated at first they would ship in the fall. I am very pleased with Spring Hill's customer service.
On June 18th, 2012, RebeccaLynn changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

Today I called Spring Hill Nursery to order 3 "Red Freedom Hedge Rose" plants that were offered in a newspaper insert this spring - item # 83106, Key #0425969. I was told it wasn't available, although the website today has it listed to "order now," but at a price of $27.99 rather than the $9.99 price + $2.95 shipping at which it is offered in the newspaper insert. I am disappointed in Spring Hill Nursery.
On June 21st, 2012, RebeccaLynn changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

As promised, a Spring Hill customer service representive contacted me and worked out the issue with the Red Freedom Hedge Rose. Today I was successful in placing the order at the advertised price. My roses are scheduled for shipment in the fall. I am a satisfied customer.
On September 26th, 2012, RebeccaLynn added the following:

Yesterday I received the 3 Red Freedom Hedge Rose plants that I ordered in June. Although they appeared to be packed well in moist soil, one of the tiny stems on one of the tiny, tiny plants was broken off level with the soil. The other two tiny plants had tiny green leaves, so I followed the directions and planted them all according to the directions. I will tend them faithfully in hope that they will survive and thrive.
On March 26th, 2013, RebeccaLynn added the following:

The good news is that at least two of the Red Freedom Hedge Rose plants that I received last September have survived the winter in the planter that has been their temporary home. The jury is still out on the third plant that arrived looking more like the broken leg of a small bird than a rose plant. None of them would have survived if I had planted them in the ground last fall. Each of these plants would have fit into a shot glass with room to spare. I hope to plant them in their permanent places in my landscape in April, and given plenty of TLC in 2013, they may grow and thrive.
On May 11th, 2013, RebeccaLynn added the following:

What a difference a month makes! Those tiny little Red Freedom rose "bushes" are growing like weeds (which thankfully they are not) and I'm so pleased. They have more than quadrupled their size since they first arrived on my front porch, and they already have buds. I couldn't be happier.
Company representative comment on June 18, 2012:
On Apr 10, 2012 9:58 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

We apologize you were shipped the wrong plant. A customer service representative will contact you for your account infomation and see what you would like to do. Thank you for letting us know and we will take care of this for you.

On Jun 18, 2012 3:26 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) added:

Unfortunately the offer for the Freedom Hedge Rose was during our spring shipping season and we have concluded shipping for the spring. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and we can offer this same offer to you for the fall.

Negative grjmmr
Marion, IA
May 9, 2013
I ordered from this company with a gift certificate. Everything was stock. I paid extra on my credit card for extra plants and shipping. I call back a month and a half later, everything in stock. My first shipment is missing a hosta, out of stock, though they show 20 in stock. They now owe me money but refuse to send me a check as they want me to buy from them with a credit. Everything in the shade catagory is sold or crap, so now I have a credit for nothing I can use. My second shipment is missing a plant also. They don't believe me. I also ordered a mix of coral bells, but they didn't have all the colors in stock so they just sent me 3 of one color and 2 of another, not 5 unique colors. All of their coral bells are out and they won't send me any other colors but they will issue me a credit for more crap I won't buy. We will see if I get the missing plant, most likely it will go out of stock also and I will be stuck with another credit.
Company representative comment on May 11, 2013:
On May 11, 2013 10:50 AM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for letting us know about the problem with your order. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and take care of this for you.

Negative Marc0607
Gastonia, NC
May 7, 2013
Posted on May 6, 2013, updated May 7, 2013
Finished with Springhill Nursery.
I have ordered from this company several times over the past few years. And I have noticed what I have read on this site: Springhill's quality has gone way down hill. I am going to go with local nurseries where I can see the plant and take it home that day. I ordered from Springhill back 4/18/13 and recieved and email stating that the plants would arrive between 5/2/13 & 5/23/13 which was very concerning. If they were to arrive near 5/2/13 I woul dbe fine. I know that they are mass shipping plants everywhere. So I know they are busy and it would take time. But the prices just are not that much better than the local nursery where I live. About 5% cheaper. Not worth $5 for every $100 I spend to deal with delays and excuses. I just got an email from them stating that now the delivery dates have been pushed out to 5/20/13 to 6/10/13. So I went to the website to cancel my order. Well the web site does not work. Not shocking for such a fly by the seat of your pants outfit. So I emailed them to cnacel the order and get an immediate refund. This better happen within 48 hours or I am filing BBB and FTC complaints against the company. You can't stay in business like this. Springhill will go by the wayside soon enough.
On May 7th, 2013, Marc0607 added the following:

SO I get this email from Springhill Nursery this evening telling me that even though my ship date is 3 weeks out (Minimum), they can't cancel the order! So now they want to strong arm me into keeping the order??? Are these people insane? I guys its off to the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission...both have easy online complaint forms. Springhill is going to regret the day that they tried to screw me! I am like a Pitbull that latches on to something and just locks his jaws and refuses to let go. Not only am I going to get my refund, I am going to make sure that I create 50 social media pages telling everyone how Springhill does business!!! I am so furious right now I could spit nails!!!!!
Company representative comment on May 9, 2013:
On May 9, 2013 1:56 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

I apologize for the delay in shipping of your plants. Since we cannot cancel the order because it is in the process of shipping, you may keep the order and I will have one of customer service representatives contact you for your account information and issue a refund as well.

Negative Chrisoc
Middletown, RI
May 7, 2013
I called to place an order of over $200. "Kelsey" couldn't find my account number or Key number, asking me to repeat it over and over. I gave my name and address numerous times as well, then she addressed me by the wrong name ("Kim, right?"). Wrong. If you can't process the information I am giving you clearly on the phone, I can't trust you to process my order. And I certainly can't trust you with my credit card information. I order about a thousand dollars worth of plants a year, but I'll never order from this company.
Company representative comment on May 9, 2013:
On May 9, 2013 1:47 PM, Spring Hill Nursery (aka SpringHillNursery.com) responded with:

Thank you for your post and I apologize for the problems you had trying to place our order. One of our customer service representatives will contact you for your account information and locate your account for you.