The scoop on 'Simply Solar Greenhouses (formerly Solar Prism)'

Simply Solar Greenhouses (formerly Solar Prism)

Bell City, Missouri 63730 (United States)

Comments:

Positive funnyfarmer
Advance, MO
November 28, 2007
I lreally enjoy my greenhouse and the fact that it is a work horse that stands up to hail, rain and the winds in my area keep me happy. I do use weather stripping because at times we get really cold weather but I knew I would have to add heat at night when I bought it. I also like the fact that if necessary, I can move it.
Neutral mailmam
Meriden, IA
June 11, 2006
I feel like I could write a book on Solar Prism greenhouses. Mine has not performed as flawlessly as they lead you to believe. The roof vents did not fit properly so the first winter all the heat went up and out, it took 2 years and many phone calls to get someone up to fix them. The inside is very rough and it's easy to get fiberglass splinters which hurt. I wanted to use mine in the winter, we can get down to 30 below, and their claim that one little ceramic heater will keep it livable is not true. I have insulated my north and side walls with 7 layer reflective insulating material and the south side with insulating bubble wrap, not the common packing, it is made for greenhouses. I also weatherstrip around all the openings and use a zipper door made of clear plastic inside the door in the winter. With all these changes, I'm satisfied with my greenhouse but not the customer service I expected. It was kind of like, "You bought it, you deal with it." I will say that this greenhouse is strong and has stood up in some horrific winds. Julie
Positive MrGreenThumbs
Tempe, AZ
December 4, 2005
These are the best darn greenhouses we've ever owned. We have two. We keep them totally shaded here in the Arizona desert. The winter nights are down in the 20's some times and the summers up in the 110's. We grow the juiciest, most delicious fruits and vegetables we've ever tasted all year round. Tomatos, melons, strawberries, squash, cucumbers, peppers, egg plant, carrots, beets, etc, etc. We love them. We even grow some herb too for cooking and baking and teas. Delicious. We've had other clumsy contraptions, do-it-yourself kits and such. All junk. This one's the best. It works like a charm. We believe that home grown is the only way to enjoy the best produce and our Solar Prism Greenhouses are the best investment in our family nutrition we've ever made. We like them a lot. We'll be getting a couple more of them soon.
Positive gardendame
Caldwell, ID
March 21, 2005
I loved my Solar Prism Greenhouse. Been using other gardenhouses for years and this was by far the best. This is a greenhouse for gardeners that have lots of greenhouse experience or are willing to learn how to properly use a true hothouse. I shall be purchasing one for my new home, only larger. Fresh picked tomatoes, at Christmas, are yummy.
Negative GRUMPEE
Fallon, NV
October 31, 2004
GREENHOUSE DID NOT PEFORM AS STATED.
GOT TO 112 DEGREES WHEN IT WAS 78 DEGREES OUTSIDE. THEY STATE THAT IT WILL HEAT UP WITH A 1500 WATT HEATER. NOT TRUE. I USED A 1500 WATT HEATER, 400 WATT GROW LIGHT AND GROW CABLES. MY PLANTS FROZE. TRIED THE B.B.B. FOR 18 MONTHS AND THEY DIDN'T HELP.
SEE http://WWW.RIPOFFREPORTS.COM UNDER SOLARPRISM GREENHOUSES FOR MORE FEEDBACK AND WEB ADDRESS.
Negative Mabel
Zionville, NC (Zone 6a)
February 12, 2004
I am very disappointed as I hope to someday own a greenhouse, but I insist on spending my money with companies that treat me with respect. After repeatedly requesting for several years to be removed from the phone list, I continue to receive phone calls from this company. The salesmen are always pleasant and promise that I will be removed from the list, but I can no longer hope for my wishes to be recognized. I can foresee no situation where this company would ever get any of my money.