The scoop on 'Mushroom Adventures'

Mushroom Adventures

11107 Highway 70
Marysville, California 95901 (United States)

Phone: 530-741-2437

Comments:

Positive Chapmandl
Raymond, WA
March 28, 2013
Got a Button mushroom kit as a Christmas gift from a friend who lives 3 hours away from me. It was delivered on time for Christmas, with a suggested "open by"date of Jan 7. I opened it, read the easy and concise instructions, within 14 days I had the beginnings of my first flush of mushrooms showing on the surface. Flush #1 had about a dozen med - large mushrooms that I began harvesting by day 16. I was ecstatic to find how tasty, long stemmed, and moisture filled the mushrooms are! Puts to shame the button mushrooms at the grocery.

Have since had flush #2, which was about 16 mushrooms.
Flush #3 had 15, and after that I recently had only two lovely mushrooms show up. The size of the mushrooms is great!

No problem at all having the kit on my dining room table. I spray with water morning and night. Have had ZERO pests of any kind bothering the open top kit! I had put a "sticky" strip at the top of the open box when I first opened it, just in case of gnats, but so far no problem.

I'm going to continue the care of the kit, even though it has slowed down. There is quite a foundation of white fungus(Mycillium?) in the bag about an inch below the surface, so I'm hoping to get more mushrooms.

I've told my friend who gifted it, and everyone of my friends who've inquired about it, to absolutely get one! It is clean, needs minimal care, with a beautiful bounty of juicy mushrooms inside the house even before spring takes hold!! I want to get another!
So, now I'll go to their website to find out the cost factor.
I also want to send one to a friend, I know she'll enjoy it too!

I've loved having mine!

Neutral Ranval
Paducah, KY
March 17, 2009
We ordered an Elm Oyster kit which was wonderful, productive, and came with appropriately detailed instructions. Quality was top notch but price is excessive. Kits are reasonable, but their plug spawn is outrageously expensive. For the same price, one could get 5-fold the amount of dowels from Fungi Perfecti. Mushroom Adventures certainly delivered quality, but their prices can be beat.
Positive PhoenixFlare
Annandale, VA
February 20, 2008
Started one of the 1/2 portabella & 1/2 white button kits on February 3rd - as of last night (the 19th), there is a group of portabellos probably 25% of the way to full size in one corner, and slightly less developed shrooms coming up over almost the entire remaining top area.

Did not have any problems starting the kit, the instructions were very clear. Seem to have to water it a bit more (twice a day) than they state once the shrooms really started growing, but this is probably due to my environment - inside a closet inside a very low humidity apartment.

Looking forward to picking the first batch!
Negative White_Hydrangea
Aurora, CO (Zone 5a)
June 20, 2007
I will never order from Mushroom Adventures again. I've raised mushrooms in mushroom kits before, quite successfully, from other companies. I followed all of the instructions that came with my kit. It did nothing for 3.5 weeks, then finally, in one corner, tiny mushrooms began to grow. But before they got to be more than 1/4 inch in diameter, they shriveled and died. All I succeeded in growing from their kit was a bumper crop of fungus gnats, which have now infested my entire kitchen!

So much for my idea of having fresh mushrooms with my garden fresh salad.
Positive arlenagwise
Whitehall, WI
January 4, 2007
I do TV series called Garden Wise with Arlena and we used some kits from Mushroom Adventures and they are GREAT!.
Fun for the whole family.
Arlena
Positive mbuchholz
Novato, CA
March 6, 2006
We had had trouble with another company's mushroom kits - but, Mushroom Adventure's kit surprised and delighted our whole family. Who knew mushroom growing could be so fun? They are a friendly/responsive company who I would recommend to anyone.