The scoop on 'Kawamoto Orchid Nursery'

Kawamoto Orchid Nursery

2630 Waiomao Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816 (United States)

Visit Kawamoto Orchid Nursery at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive HawaiianViking
(Zone 13a)
June 15, 2014
I live in the same valley as Kawamoto Orchid Nursery and visit fairly often; It's amazing to see the extraordinary array of orchid species in nearly every color imaginable. I've purchased orchids on several occasions and I've always been quite satisfied. The prices are reasonable and the quality is impeccable. I've found that visitors to Hawaii have loved seeing the orchid nursery and if you happen to be in Honolulu, I suggest that you add Kawamoto Orchid Nursery to your itinerary.
Positive lindseyp
Greenville, NC
November 3, 2012
I have been ordering from these great folks for several years. I recently had a plant bloom for the first time and it had been mis tagged at the nursery. I sent them an Email and Reid Kawamoto sent a reply with in minutes...which included the most profuse and sincere apology imaginable. A new plant was in the mail the next day and on my doorstep within 48 hours of my first contact. Reid would not accept my offer to pay postage or return the other ( beautiful ) plant. You can ABSOLUTELY be confident that your plant will be well grown, healthy and packaged like their reputation was on the line. Look at their Ebay ratings...and how many plants they have sold...with 100% satisfaction. Don't buy your orchids anywhere else!
Positive LoveBrug
Fleming Island, FL (Zone 9a)
July 6, 2012
Beautiful healthy well grown plant shipped fast with bullet proof packing.Their prices may seem low but the plants ,service and packing are first rate.
I highly recommend them !
Positive PinetopPlanter
Auburn Four Corners, PA (Zone 5a)
April 26, 2012
This company conducts business mainly on eBay. They generally have a number of "buy it now" auctions and, from time to time, list quite a few "bidding auctions," all with very low starting bids.

I have won a number of their auctions over the past couple of years, and am always impressed when the plants arrive. They are healthy, bug-free, and wrapped incredibly well for shipping. I think you could drop-kick one of their packages and all of the orchids inside would be fine! Indeed, I just received a plant in bud with no distress apparent.

There is an economy of growth to their plants, meaning, they have been grown to flowering size in relatively few years. When you receive a flowering size or budded plant from Kawamoto, it could have as little as four pseudobulbs, each exponentially larger than the last, and be in a 4 or 5 inch pot. Orchids I've ordered from the Northern states are in much larger pots (going on 8 inches), and full of pseudobulbs of various sizes. This seems logical, given the climate in which each source plant is grown, but when one is trying to fit yet another orchid into one's collection, a smaller pot and less rangy plant is much easier to accommodate.

I have now had some of my Kawamoto orchids for over a year, and have had rebloom on several. Others are adjusting after their initial bloom, but all are healthy to this day. They have many of the most popular clones, and offer some great combination deals.

Truly a great company for the orchid lover.
Positive restom
Reston, VA
September 24, 2011
Received 3 great cattleya hybrid orchids from Kawamoto Orchid Nursery. Arrived quickly and very well packaged. Iím a neophyte orchid enthusiast, but the plants look fantastic to me.
Positive 4evergreenthumb
Rockville, MD
August 29, 2011
You will always get big, healthy plants from Kawamoto Orchids! I've been hesitant to buy from ebay, but after reading other peoples' reviews I ordered a cattleya in the winter of 2009. It arrived quickly and safely--a big, healthy with two plump buds ready to bloom. Ever since then, I've placed several orders from them, and every time I've been happy. Sometimes the plants were bigger than pictured, and a couple of times the plants spiked shortly after arriving, even though the listing did not say they were spiking (what a nice surprise)!
Positive Maryb44
Jacksonville, FL
October 30, 2009
I just received 9 orchids from Kawamoto's Ebay site, and I am thrilled. Each plant was healthy, some had new spikes, all were wrapped incredibly carefully. It's obvious they wrap each plant according to its own specific needs, with packing material being placed so that fragile growths will not be broken.

They are my #1 source of orchids, and they have truly earned their success.
Positive wechols
Ellenwood, GA
May 26, 2009
I ordered 5 orchids online from Kawamoto Orchids. The plants were very large and healthy, many with multiple growths. I would highly recommend this company. Great orchids at a great price with great service.
Positive gmanstickler
Casselberry, FL
April 28, 2009
I am new to the hobby of orchid growing and have, subsequently, caught "orchid fever". I've ordered from 4 orchid growers on the internet and Kawamoto Orchids is, in my opinion, the best nursery from which to buy. Their plants were superior to the other 3 orchid suppliers both in size and in condition and the plants were perfectly wrapped for shipping. I'm so pleased with Kawamoto Orchids that I've joined their Orchid of the Month Club knowing the each month I'll get a great addition to my collection.

Gary Stickler
Casselberry, FL
Positive aoneill
Parkton, MD
September 29, 2008
In 2005, I purchased from the nursery and had the plants shipped home. Last week, I purchased on line and each time the plants arrived in perfect condition. Any spikes or flowers were wrapped to arrive in perfect condition.
I find the service is personable and caring. They give great advice on growing your plants.
You can buy with confidence. A great company.
Positive sarazen
Glen Rock, PA (Zone 6b)
May 13, 2008
I have visited their shop in Hawaii, and I have ordered several things via the mail from them. Each time has been a pleasure. Their plants are healthy, reasonably priced, their shipping is quick and well protected. They are great communicators, happy to answer questions, or address the rare problem. I love this place. I wish more companies worked the way this one does. I always check them first if I am orchid shopping.
Positive carlstraub
Malibu, CA
October 10, 2007
Have purchased from Kawamoto Orchids at the Santa Barbara Orchid show and through their website.
Even though the S.B. show was crowded they took time to assist and guide us..
All plants are doing nicely
Carl
Positive Barbados_Nick
St. Joseph
Barbados
February 7, 2007
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kawamoto and his son at the 2006 Trinidad and Tobago Orchid Society Show. They had several very high quality plants on sale at their booth and they shared their vast knowledge freely. That really helped me as a novice grower to make wise choices. I bought some amazingly beautiful cattleyas from them. They were packaged to a very high standard and more than 75% of them were in spike. I have really enjoyed the blooms and I hope that Kawamoto Orchids will visit the Caribbean again soon.....hopefully the Barbados Orchid Society Show this time.

Nick from Barbados
Positive greenbud
Houston, TX (Zone 8b)
January 20, 2006
I visited Honolulu in December 2005 on vacation. Kawamoto Orchid Nursery was an awesome place to visit. It's located in a lush, tropical green valley. The plants are very nice and healthy looking. I saw no insects anywhere. I bought four orchids, which they carefully packaged for me to take home. A couple of weeks agoI ordered a few more orchids through their website. The plants arrived two days after ordering, and they were wrapped VERY carefully. Two of three orchids had flower spikes and are now blooming beautifully. Good prices, excellent service, healthy orchids. I will definitely buy from Kawamoto again!
Positive orchidman148
Westminster, MD
August 24, 2005
Great Plants, Great Prices, Fast Service!