The scoop on 'Zuma Canyon Orchids'

Zuma Canyon Orchids

5949 Bonsall Drive
Malibu, California 90265 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-625-4266

Comments:

Positive Trancas_lady
Winsted, CT
February 28, 2011
I have been a patron of Zuma Canyon Orchids for decades and I strongly disagree with "OrchidBuyer", their orchids are indeed "something special." The Vasquez family and their team handles the probigation of each phalenopsis in their green houses by hand. I have watched George's father walking among the rows of plants speaking to them as if they were his children. I have had many of them; one lasted five years in a New York City apartment, blooming every year. They have deservedly won hundreds of awards for their orchids. I have always been treated with courtesy; but then, I have always treated them with the respect they deserved. I would suggest for you compare them to Trader Joe's orchids you are a not knowledgeable enough to be buying a Zuma Canyon Orchid in the first place.
Negative orchidbuyer
October 18, 2009
This company provides the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I met the owner and company at an Orchid Show at the Huntington Botanical Gardens in San Marino, CA at their exhibit and tried to purchase a plant from them. I wanted one type of orchid with one of their pots that was currently displaying another type of orchid, and was told that the only solution was for me to buy both plants. It was more than I was willing to spend, so I settled on buying the plant in the pot, but noticed the pot was of poor quality and asked to replace it with another, identical pot of better quality. The owner pushed me aside, agitatedly swapped out the original plant into the better pot, and shoved it in my face. The only reason I still decided to purchase the stupid thing from them was because my mom had expressed interest in the pot the day before and I wanted to give it to her as a gift. Ready to pay, I asked what the return policy is, and the lady working got a deer in the headlights look and ran to tell the owner I was asking about the return policy, at which point he rushed the table, said "NO RETURNS!" and in Spanish told the lady to explicitly write on my receipt "SOLD AS IS." I would not recommend this company to anyone, and I felt sick for giving them $45 for a plant I know I can get for $9.99 at Trader Joe's. Their flowers are nothing special and better customer service can be found anywhere else. I do not recommend them to anyone.