The scoop on 'Happiness Farms, Inc. Caladium Bulbs'

Happiness Farms, Inc. Caladium Bulbs

Happiness Farms, Inc. Caladium Bulbs has 38 products listed in PlantScout.

704 County Road 621 East
Lake Placid, Florida 33852 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-892-0396

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive dilla_girl
Unadilla, GA
February 19, 2014
I ordered from HF for the first time in 2013 and am about to order again, because I was so well pleased with their bulbs. I was not sure how many bulbs I needed for a very large bed, and the folks there helped me with that. They were exactly right in the number they determined that I would need, and my caladium bed was one of the most beautiful parts of my yard last summer! They also shipped my bulbs right on time.

These are good folks to do business with!

Positive RosalieR
Olivehill, TN
June 11, 2011
Posted on June 11, 2011, updated June 11, 2011
Posted on May 12, 2011, updated June 11, 2011
I have ordered from them for years. CA, AZ and now TN. I have ALWAYS been thrilled to death with what they sent.Orders of 200 to 400. I tried calling, no answer, e-mail, no reply about my order of 400 this year. When I called my order in in Feb. I was of the understanding the total amount would be $240.00, I was charged $360.00.Worst quality of bulbs Ive ever gotten from them. Just leafing up. I get one leaf and a bloom or just a bloom. Its like they are finished before they start. I could just cry. Not just for me but for a company I LOVED !!!
On June 11th, 2011, RosalieR added the following:

I did answer your e-mail. I am really sorry you did not get it.
This whole mix up is my fault. I ordered very early to insure you did not run out beings it was a cold Florida winter again. What I didnt do is write down what I had ordered. If I had written it down I would have known right away the shipment was missing the box of 200 mixed white and acted immediately. I recieved the box of 200 mixed red, 200 mixed pink and a very small box of mixed. ( none white) I didnt know what the small box was doing with the order. I was surprised when my credit card was billed for three boxes of 200.
I should have done something sooner but I just figured oh well and planted my trays of bulbs indoors and tried to keep up with hundreds of other plants I had ordered.
I feel this is all because I didnt tend to business. It cost me an additional $120.00 but maybe Ill keep better records from now on.
I did send an e-mail before I posted the complaint. I DID answer your reply to this complaint. I still have your forwarded reply in my mailbox. I will try again just to see if a reply gets back to you.
On June 11th, 2011, RosalieR changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

What I replied to was your D-Mail not an E-Mail.
Company representative comment on May 16, 2011:
On May 16, 2011 9:13 AM, Happiness Farms, Inc. Caladium Bulbs responded with:

The first I heard of this complaint was the day this comment was posted. I've emailed customer, but not received a response. Phones are answered when we are open... 9-12 and 1-4 Mon - Fri. Order was for 200 mixed collections in Red, White and Pink at $ 120 each. That makes a total of 600 bulbs, not 400 - and a total of $ 360.

The reason they aren't coming up is because the night temps are still too cool. Planting instructions state the bulbs should be planted once evening temps are consistently above 65 degrees. Current weather forecast in her area show night temps ranging from 57 clear down to the mid-40's. We stand 100% behind our product when proper planting instructions are followed. I do believe they will come up once the night temps warm up a bit.

Positive DannyH
Fort Pierce, FL
January 24, 2011
I have ordered from them twice and both times I was real happy.

Danny
Positive 082014
Webster, FL
May 22, 2009
Wonderful company to deal with. I received extra bulbs in each order. I had all but one grow. That one was a real small one. A squirrel probable dug it up. They are so beautiful now. I ordered mixed so I now have a "rainbow" of caladiums in my yard. I highly recommend this company!!
Thank you.
Positive zubababy
West Jordan, UT
May 8, 2009
I am very pleased with this company. I ordered these bulbs late last summer. I received a call from Happiness Farms within a day or two asking if I wanted to have the Caladiums delivered that year or the next spring. I chose this spring. I was worried that my order was going to be forgotten about, but they came through with flying colors. The bulbs that I received are in great condition. Many of the Caladium bulbs had multiple offsets, and there were more bulbs in the box than there was ordered. I highly recommend Happiness Farms for ordering Caladiums.
Positive Ronni92
East Stroudsburg, PA
December 30, 2008
In May of 2008 I ordered 35 assorted Caladium bulbs from Happiness Farms. The bulbs came in a box, all fat and ready to go. After literally throwing them into my various garden beds with a little natural fertilizer, most of them popped up. By the time I had to dig them up ( to store for winter), it was difficult due to the fact that they were so beautiful and healthy. I'll plant them again this coming Spring!
Positive stage52
Sussex, NJ
April 12, 2008
I have ordered from Happiness farms for many years now. I order their fancy mix box of 25 bulbs and the lance leaf box of 25 bulbs every year. Cost me $50.00 & shipping is free. The Bulbs always arrive in beautiful shape and there are always more then you ordered with sometimes as many as 10 extra bulbs. The bulbs are very large with many eyes and far better then the dried up bulbs I have received from many other sources.
I plant each bulb in a 4" pot and water. They send up shoots very fast with little effort. I let them grow in these pots until I can Identify each variety and then repot them in my Larger Planters with 3 - 5 bulbs in a pot with 1 variety per large planter. They make a beautiful display on my deck every year and they take little care except some occasional cutting off of older leaves.
As a gardener for 30 years I must say that these are the easiest bulbs to grow and you get the biggest bang for your buck hands down. I make displays of these in a cascading stair display with 8" pots of Airplane plants, Basil varieties & Variegated English Ivy intermingled and they make an impressive display that lasts all season here in Northern NJ.
This Company also has Jumbo bulbs available at a great price. I would highly recommend this Source for Caladiums and their service is A++++
The Caladiums come in many colors & intricate designs and you can save the bulbs by drying them out in the fall & storing them in warm area in dry area & restart them the next spring. As you can tell I love these and I think you will to. Check them out, you will not be sorry.
Positive juliep127
Louisville, KY
March 23, 2008
I've ordered from Happiness farms for a couple of years. The prices are great and they have good quality bulbs!!! Thanks so much. Awesome experience. Keep sending me brochures!!
Positive zeoplum
Mobile, AL (Zone 8b)
April 21, 2007
I am new to Caladiums so I had several questions before ordering. I emailed the company and rec'd prompt and friendly responses from Kim. She was very helpful so I ordered the 50 Mixed Fancy Leaf box and was very pleased in how fast they shipped and the way they were packed. Also, there was a problem with my debit card not being activated so my payment declined. They had to contact me to sort that out and I was very pleased that the person I spoke to was kind and understanding about it.

Overall, I'm very impressed with Happiness Farms and their customer service. I will try to come back later in the season to post an update on the quality of the Caladium bulbs.
On April 23rd, 2007, zeoplum added the following:

Wow, I only paid for 50 bulbs but after counting them, I found they sent me 60 full size bulbs plus about 10 or 12 tiny ones. Actually, the tiny ones may just be ones that have broken off of bigger bulbs because they're only about 1/4 as big. But they have defined "eyes" on them so I'm counting them as plantable. :-)
On May 15th, 2007, zeoplum added the following:

2 1/2 weeks after planting and I've already got big beautiful blooms!
On June 11th, 2007, zeoplum added the following:

Well, I have to say the $35 I spent on these bulbs was such a value! The blooms look great and the variety of colors and sizes is so satisfying! You can tell these are really good quality bulbs! I highly recommend Happiness Farms!!!
Positive PinkShades99
Houston, TX
February 19, 2007
Wonderful plants, the bulbs were a good size. They should be even more wonderful this year. Good service.

-Lady
Positive dp72
Woodway, TX (Zone 8a)
July 23, 2006
Fantastic service. Bulbs large, and most have pups. I would not hesitate to recommend this company. Order arrived on the exact day they said it would. Caladiums are doing beautifully.
Positive artchic
Uncasville, CT
May 14, 2006
I ordered the rainbow mix of 50 caladiums and they arrived the other day. The bulbs are very nice, and are starting to sprout. I planted them in pots, and so far they are doing nicely....I will order from them again next year!
Positive Buttonwillow
Palominas, AZ (Zone 8a)
April 10, 2006
I have ordered large amounts of Caladiums from Happiness Farms for several years. I have another order in for 800, April 2006 delivery. Everything about this grower is A-1 with my dealings with them.
Positive AlanMann
Plano, TX
May 21, 2004
I bought several varieties of fancy and strap-leaf caladuims from Happiness Farms for the first time this spring. Their service was professional and courteous. They easily handled a subsequent "change order" that I phoned in. The bulbs were of good size and quality. I was impressed that each variety I ordered had a few extra bulbs (e.g., ordered 25 or one type, received 28). They also have probably the best website of any caladium grower. Every single bulb I planted has come up and is thriving. I would definitely recommend them!
Positive Damian32693
Roslyn, NY
January 28, 2004
I ordered the mix of 30 caladium bulbs last year and they were spectacular! I highly recommend them!
Positive Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA (Zone 10a)
March 18, 2003
I ordered from them last year and was pleased with my caladiums.
Positive LHerring
January 17, 2003
I have ordered from this company at least 5 times. Bulbs are of highest quality-customer service is excellent. I believe that this company and "Fancy Leaf Caladiums" are one and the same.highly recommend