The scoop on 'Ferncliff Gardens'

Ferncliff Gardens

8502 McTaggart Street
Mission, British Columbia V2V 6S6 (Canada)

Phone: 604-826-2447
Fax: 604-826-4316

Comments:

Positive Poochella
Issaquah, WA (Zone 7a)
March 18, 2009
My first wonderful order of Ferncliff Gardens dahlias arrived well-packed, individually labeled, with all tubers looking plump and healthy. Seamless shopping online. Very suitable bonus tuber in my color range. Can't wait to see them grow!
Positive dahlianut
Calgary, AB (Zone 3a)
March 7, 2009
This is the 2nd time I have ordered from Ferncliff. Their product continues to be stellar Well packed and viable tubers. Alhough they don't start to ship til March, I have asked for early March shipping so I could start my dahlias in the greenhouse. This year I received my tubers March 6th. I can't recommend this supplier enough.
Positive dahliadigger
Solon, IA
October 22, 2008
I have been growing dahlias for over thirty years. I have purchased tubers from many sources over the years with mixed results. I have been buying from Ferncliff Gardens for about fifteen years, and they consistently have the best tubers of any source. While it costs a little more to ship to the US, my experience with a wide variety of cultivars from FG has been well worth the price. If I could only buy from one source, it would be Ferncliff Gardens!
On October 22nd, 2008, dahliadigger added the following:

Over the years I have purchased over 1,000 tubers from Ferncliff Gardens and have only had two that did not eye up and grow! They replaced them with no problems.
Positive Hannahbelle
Victoria, BC (Zone 8b)
October 3, 2007
I have ordered Peonies from Ferncliff 2 years in a row now. I am just delighted with thier quality! I ordered 5 last year and they were beautifully packed and this spring they ALL bloomed with at least 3 blooms per plant. So this year I ordered 6 more, both collections, I received the order in perfect time for planting and the roots are large and very healthy. I will order from this company until I run out of room in the garden!
I am going to try Dahlias this coming spring from what I've read on this site I will have much better luck than my abyssmal attempts to order from Veseys.
Positive grenouille
montreal
Canada (Zone 5a)
April 6, 2007
I have used this company several times over the years.The tubers I recieved from them were big and healthy.Very good service

Positive Steve_D
Massapequa Park, NY (Zone 7a)
March 10, 2007
This firm continues to deliver outstanding product and customer help. Any problem they respond to at once. Have been doing business with them for 10+ years and have NEVER been dissappointed. In my top 3 dahlia suppliers. Great source for giant exhibition dahlias and garden type dahlias. Tubers are over size--firm-- with viable eyes--and always true to name.
Who could ask for anything more?
Steve_D
Positive borntoplant
(Zone 6a)
October 20, 2005
I have ordered Dahlias from this company. I have found them to be most helpful. When plants did not grow I had no problems with replacements.
Positive chinookgarden
HIGH RIVER
February 14, 2005
feb 14 2005

have ordered off and on from Ferncliff for over 15 years and have NEVER been disappointed with a single peony division rec'd.
The product is shipped in good time for my zone2b planting needs, the prices are competitive and enquiries for plants not listed in the current years catalog are often as not able to be obtained. Great company to deal with!!
Positive lizruork
toronto
April 14, 2004
this was a wonderful experience
i got terrific assistance in choosing suitable varieties for my garden. email and calls were reponded to promptly.
my order arrived today, in good time for my toronto garden.
everything was packed so carefully in shavings, heavy batting and newspaper, carefully labelled....and they sent me a free dahlia tuber even though my order was not for very much.
all in all one of my most positive experiences in ordering pants bulbs or seeds
Positive kiwirose
July 23, 2003
I have ordered twice from this company and have been most impressed with the size of the plants/roots sold. The daylily fans were almost twice the size of ones ordered from other growers,the peonies all bloomed in the first season, one with six blooms, and the dahlias are magnificent.
Positive calgary
March 1, 2003
Have ordered regularly for the last 9 years. Have even driven the 1000 km from Calgary to Mission twice to see their spectacular fields of dahlias, peonies and iris. Very generous about replacements if anything fails to grow.
Positive cyclamen
near Vancouver, BC (Zone 7a)
September 29, 2002
Good quality, prices and service. Have ordered 3 times and they have been consistent. Some varieties do not make their catalogue so can be requested. Long time business, probably 3rd generation
Positive Lynnette
Courtenay
January 10, 2002
You can't go wrong with this nursery. Have dealt with them for 20 years and everytime the quality is the same, large peony and daylily divisions, disease free and true to name.