The scoop on 'River Rock Nursery'

River Rock Nursery

19251 SE Hwy 224
Clackamas, Oregon 97015 (United States)

Comments:

Neutral zapp
Penn Valley, CA
May 9, 2008
I ordered from River Rock Nursery last week, 2 maples they arrived Monday and are beautiful. There site is VERY nice. There is not one complaint I have about this company. I will be doing my shopping with this company in the future for sure!!!!!
On May 12th, 2008, zapp changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I may have jumped the gun on commenting on the River Rock Nursery, I gave them a positive. The first order I received from this company went very well, I tried reordering again,but in the last week I have called R.R.N 6 times, I have emailed them 5 times, I am not receiving emails, nobody answers the phones (noting they are closed weekends) There site does read "If you need to call us do so very early mornings"....I have tried calling mornings.....nobody answers the phone, I did leave messages asking them to return my phone call or please answer my emails......I have heard nothing from them....very disappointing.
Neutral Davidsan
Springfield, IL (Zone 6a)
June 24, 2006
did not /has not answered my latest email ...I have emailed them before and the answer seemed to be more timely but not immediate...I realise many are busy this time of year but after dark a quick look at your email and appropriate responce is not too much to ask is it??? David
Positive Larry1940
Portland, OR (Zone 8a)
August 13, 2005
Located just outside of Portland, Oregon, this nursery is a hidden jewel. Great selection of plants at reasonable prices. It has a wide assortment of trees, shrubs, etc. A good source for bonsai enthusiasts.
Positive madmocker2710
April 25, 2004
I live in northern Alabama where retail nurserys tend to NOT have any plant stock that is out of the ordinary. I came across River Rock Nursery in my internet search for two specimen ornamental trees that were completely unavailable locally, namely Stewartia pseudocamellia and Franklinia alatamaha. Their website provides an inventory list, but no on-line ordering or even assurances of availability. I e-mailed them with a question about these plants, and got a response in a few days. Then I telephoned and spoke directly with Gretchen (one of the proprietors, I believe), who gave me details on size and shipping and accepted my credit card number. The trees were sent out about 10 days later and arrived in about 48 hours in excellent shape via 3rd day express mail. Gretchen responded very quickly to my e-mail question about invoiced shipping charges being higher than quoted and volunteered to reduce the charge to the earlier figure with no dispute whatsoever. My new little trees (both about 30" tall) are happily growing with obvious newly forming leaf buds, so I have the highest hopes for their success. The prices were reasonable especially given the apparent rarity of these trees in my vicinity. River Rock Nursery is certainly a place to consider if you are in need of a very specific ornamental tree or shrub and are willing to try "mail-order" to get it.