The scoop on 'The Chile Woman'

The Chile Woman

1704 S. Weimer Road
Bloomington, Indiana 47403-2869 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive oberuber
Cedar City, UT
June 4, 2012
this year was the 2nd time I had ordered from this company. All plantts arrived in great shape and transplantted successfully. The harvest t from the first order was bountiful
Positive russ9673
Denver, CO
June 16, 2011
I originally contacted the Chile Woman looking for a particular variety of pepper that I and several other gardener friends had failed in getting to sprout. While she did not have that variety, she knew it, had grown it before and had several suggestions of similar varieties. I will warn you, communication can be difficult as she is a one woman show and ordering can also be difficult as her website does not alow online ordering. In the end I ordered 12 plants from her. Due to a tornado that almost wiped her out, several plants I had ordered were either sucked away or damaged. She was able to substitute and I got my plants this week. I am generally happy with them. The plants are of good size, appear healthy and arrived in a sturdy and ingenious box. If you are willing to invest the time and follow up needed in doing business with her, she is well worth a look.
Positive JumpinJude
Penfield, NY (Zone 6a)
May 21, 2008
The Chile Woman has a great selection of chiles, as well as sweet peppers, tomatoes, and tomatillos. I ordered 12 plants (two varieties of tomatillos, five varieties of tomatoes, and five kinds of chiles) and they all look great! Not only are her plants healthy and beautiful, but she is generous with her advice and information, too. Susan (The Chile Woman) answered a few questions for me, and her advice and suggestions were helpful and very appreciated. I will definitely order from her again!
Positive aloevera1
October 14, 2002
The ChileWomen

Happiness = chile peppers: the greatest pepper plants and chiles are grown by The Chile Women. Therefore…I am very happy. She has the most incredible variety of chile plants, so, if you are of the adventurous spirit, her catalog will be nirvana for you. You will experience new flavors and a level of HOT.