The scoop on 'Aloha Seed & Herb'

Aloha Seed & Herb

PMB 327, 120 Hana Hwy #9
Paia, Hawaii 96779 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-768-9474

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive containergarden
Los Angeles, CA
October 27, 2009
Posted on April 17, 2009, updated October 26, 2009
More than a year ago I purchased half a dozen foil packets of papaya seeds. There was a warning to germinate within 6 months because papaya seeds generally have a short life. However, we never got around to it. Recently, my husband decided to see if the seeds were still viable. He germinated 2 of each variety in wet paper towels in a covered plastic dish set over a seedling heating pad. All the seeds germinated. We placed the germinated seeds in sterile seed-starting mix and they are all growing apace several weeks later. We are growing the seedlings over heat and under lights. Each has two true leaves now and they look terrific. Needless to say, we are very pleased with the seeds and their foil packaging.

Two weeks ago we tried planting some of the remaining seeds in the same seedling mix and they have yet to germinate, so we are starting the last batch in wet paper towels.

On October 27th, 2009, containergarden added the following:

Some six months later, we have 4 large, vigorous and healthy papaya plants, about 6 feet tall with stems that are 3 or 4 inches wide, in a backyard raised bed, as well as half a dozen smaller plants in two 15-gallon patio container. The raised bed plants are now flowering and we're hoping to get some papayas, our favorite fruit.
Positive jeffhagen
Fort Lauderdale, FL
November 12, 2008
I ordered several packets of papaya seeds. The shipping was incredibly fast. I ordered on a Sunday and the seeds arrived the following Wednesday. This is astonishing considering that the company is located 3,000 miles from me!

All of the seeds come in sealed plastic-foil packaging to ensure quality. Truly, it's the best packaging I've ever seen on a seed order. The seeds that I bought are guaranteed by the company to have a germination rate of 75% or better.

Aloha Seed is obviously a very high quality seed company. I've ordered seeds from other places, but this is the best that I've seen so far.
On February 10th, 2009, jeffhagen added the following:

The seeds that I ordered had a germination rate of about 90% - which is phenomenal!