The scoop on 'Tropic to Tropic Plants'

Tropic to Tropic Plants

1170 53A Street
South Delta, British Columbia V4M 3E3 (Canada)

Fax: (604) 948-1996
Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

Comments:

Negative oregongardener
portland
United States
July 14, 2010
Owner is great guy and very knowledgeable. Good prices.

However, all his bamboo plants are VERY HEAVILY infested with bamboo mites everywhere. Although his pricing is good, be aware if you decide to bring infested plants home. Bamboo mites are highly contagious and will infest other bamboos very quickly if you have any around.

Tropic To Tropic Plants need to treat these plants.
Positive Cactus_Joe
Vancouver
September 20, 2005
I highly recommend Tropic to Tropic for any body who wishes to buy tropical and subtropical plants - especially bamboos.

I bought two bamboos from Tropic to Tropic two years ago. I was really impressed by the fact that the two specimens he sold me were actually larger than what I thought I paid for. (Don't tell Ray that!). And those two bamboos have done nothing else but trhived and grown many times over since I bought them.

But what impresses me even more is his enthusiasm. You don't go to his place just to buy bamboos and other tropicals. For your money, he will give you a complete tour of his backyard, which is more like a tropical jungle. And his tiki hut, built by himself largely out of bamboos, is a sight to see indeed. His collection of bamboo needs to be seen to believe! Ray is truely a ":bamboo nut"!

I haven't bought plants by mail order from Tropic to Tropic, but just for a chance to see his garden, it's actually worthwhile making the excuse to go there and buy plants directly from him. You do need to call ahead, though.
Positive schindelyeh
North Vancouver
June 4, 2003
Excellent, excellent service and amazing slection of plants. Always there to help and when feasible, he will even give up his only specimen in the greenhouse just so you can enjoy it as much as he has.

We are very pleased with the plant selection, prices and most importantly his personable approach with his customer's. We are repeat customer's and would definitely recommend for all to experience. Happy Planting!
Positive sheehan
December 18, 2002
I have received two orders from this nursery. Both times the service was excellent, the plants were healthy, and the pricing was reasonable.
Positive DONBROWN
Halifax
September 25, 2002
This is a small operation with very personal service. I ordered my plants and they arrived safely, well packed and very healthy within a week. The price was reasonable, considering what I got, and I will certainly order from this company again. By the way, they have a neat assortment of unusual tropical plants.