The scoop on 'Living Cycads Nursery'

Living Cycads Nursery

2124 Camino Cantera
Vista, California 92084-2829 (United States)

Comments:

Positive thistlesifter
Vista, CA
March 26, 2007
We have known Paul and Karen Sternberg for over 22 years. They are amongst the most honest, reliable and knowledgeable people we know. Furthermore they are trustworthy and of impeccable character and integrety.

Not only are they Cyad experts, but are experts and knowledgable on native xeriphytes in the Southwest US and Mexico. They are especially experienced in rare desert succulent plants the world over.

They have expertise in all phases of the horticulture of these plants. Always helpful and cordial, you will be happy you visited them.

We purchased Cycads from them beginning over 15 years ago. We don't have the passion for Cycads that we have for succulents and cactii, so they have to be very patient with my lack of knowledge. There is never a problem. They are careful to take the time and if I have a question, they will always return my calls.

bob
:>)

Positive SDCA
San Diego, CA
December 21, 2006
One might think the prices that Living Cycads charge make the nursery worth the trip. That is until you meet the people behind the nursery. The Sternbergs are class A human beings AND they have the best prices in town. Do yourself a favor and make the trip.
Positive pclapham
Middlefield, OH
October 30, 2005
Karen and Paul Sternberg are knowledgable, friendly, and as helpful as anybody I have ever dealt with. They are devoted to the plants they sell, and I would recommend them to anybody interested in Cycads.
Positive palmbob
Acton, CA (Zone 8b)
February 2, 2005
Paul and Karen are the owners of this nursery and they are two of the nicest people you could ever talk to. They know their cycads, too... and have lots of legally imported stuff (they are sticklers about not getting involved in 'questionable' plants). THey usually have small stuff, but sometimes have some nice larger plants. I have gotten most of my cycads from these two and most have done very well.