The scoop on 'D & B Nursery and Agricultural Supply Co. (formerly Fuchsialand.com)'

D & B Nursery and Agricultural Supply Co. (formerly Fuchsialand.com)

Shelton, Washington 98584 (United States)

Phone: (360) 0323

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Company Comment, posted on October 18, 2006:
(From their website):

Fuchsialand.com is the parent company for D & B Nursery and Agricultural Supply Co. Please visit our web site at http://www.fuchsialand.com or http://www.ringknives.com. We specialize in hand tools, harvesting tools, pruners and shears. Our main product is ringknives, please visit our website - Thank you, Betty Jean

Comments:

Positive yukons_mom
Boise, ID
April 24, 2010
This is my first dealing with Don & Betty Jean. The pleasure was mine. The five hanging basket fuchsias arrived safe and sound. The leaves were intact and the buds were undamaged. I will be dealing with them in the future. I have tried to find healthy looking fuchsias in Boise, but they all are grown elsewhere and arrive on flats with no protection. The plants I received were stocky, green and healthy. Thank you Don & Betty Jean!
Positive JoyLynn
April 9, 2003
I have bought plants from D&B for several years. They always send a few extra plants, not just cuttings, but established plants, in my order. I ordered 6 plants from them and I was sent ten. Very healthy and well packaged also.
Positive sarahjumel
New Orleans, LA
January 1, 2002
I just got five fuchsias from these folks. I bought them in November with the understanding they would be delivered after the Christmas rush; they are here. I asked questions about edible fuchsias and heat tolerant fuchsias and took their advice on both, as this is my first excursion into fuchsias. I got five small but well packed plants. The idea of D&B Fuchsia is that you get small, dormant, easily shipped plants which you can then pot; as opposed to waiting for the huge and expensive fuchsias available later at the garden center (which may not be the type you want). So far the plants look good, and they told me by e-mail when they would arrive. Their site is homemade looking with cheesy animation, but don't be put off; just scroll down to click on the highlighted cultivars. Almost every one has a photo. So this is a worthwhile site; they take checks, credit cards, and money orders.
Positive b_gandersson
March 1, 2001
I bough a bunch of F. magellanica from them. They have a very good selection of this hardy variety. Unfortunately, on the first try we were unlucky that a heatwave struck between when they mailed the plants and when they arrived, so there was severe heat stress which I could not overcome and more than half of the shipment died. The nursery did however stand by their guarantee that the plants should ARRIVE in good shape and replaced them. Good quality plants, great selection and friendly service, but they don't do their own credit card processing, which I found just a bit annoying.